Author Topic: Accidental deletion - old database now uploaded  (Read 1396 times)

Graham

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Accidental deletion - old database now uploaded
« on: March 04, 2014, 07:09:28 AM »
Dear All,

I managed to obtain a backup version of the original database dated the 9th February 2014. This was the most recent backup by the hosting company 1&1.co.uk, who kindly provided it.

I have created a temporary forum at another domain - http://www.ramana-maharshi.info/forum/index.php

Please visit this version and check that all of your posts (or at least those prior to 9th February) are all there and intact.

Please DO NOT attempt to modify anything, do not post anything, do not try to delete anything ... I have disabled most things but might have overlooked something.

If this version is acceptable to you all, then I will try to import it to the real forum as soon as I can find someone who knows how to import missing data into tables using SSH.

Alternatively I can just overwrite the current database and you will lose everything added since 9th February 2014.

Please discuss it between yourselves on the real forum and I will act on the consensus.

Graham

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Accidental deletion - old database now uploaded
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 09:07:00 AM »
Dear Graham Sir,

Namaste.  Thank you for your Herculean efforts.  Thanks once again.  I am not able to verify the number of posts
since I have no hard copy.  However, it is heartening to note this Himalayan efforts of yours.

Arunachala Siva.

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 02:11:18 AM »
hi graham,

I vote for importing the posts only because I dont know what I will want to read in the future :-)   I do a search on your site and it often brings up something by Subramanian Sir or a couple of others and I am glad I read it. It is the unknown of what may be deleted that I am worried about.

I am sure you can find someone who can help you with it. You have readers all over the globe.

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 05:45:50 AM »
Dear Sri Graham, thank you for all this. I agree the forum to be overwritten with the backup one.

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 01:03:02 PM »
Dear Friends

Can I copy all the photos of Arunachala and Sri Ramana .
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 01:20:10 PM »
Dear Graham Sir,

I wish you could import the data using tables SSH.  Since in my machine, there is no back up facility, I am not in a position
to save the posts written after 9th Feb 2014.  Hence I request your thoughtful consideration to use the SSH tables method
for restoration.

Or, alternatively,you may provide for the copy and paste facility, in the temporary Forum where data after 9th
Feb 2014, is provided for two weeks, as you have said.

Arunachala Siva.