Author Topic: Discussions  (Read 3625 times)

Hari

• View Profile
Re: Discussions
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2014, 06:34:01 PM »
When I say "my mind" I refer that the mind is something other than me. But it is there. And it is total speculation what is the relationship between ego, world and God (I mean some tells that ego creates God and the world, other say that God creates souls and the world). Only the true devotee of God knows. When "I" is not present I cannot tell if something exists or not. So when I am Self-awared I cannot tell if the mind is there or not.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2014, 06:41:36 PM »
When I say "my mind" I refer that the mind is something other than me. But it is there. And it is total speculation what is the relationship between ego, world and God (I mean some tells that ego creates God and the world, other say that God creates souls and the world). Only the true devotee of God knows. When "I" is not present I cannot tell if something exists or not. So when I am Self-awared I cannot tell if the mind is there or not.

Dear Let all the speculation be. If you recognise yourself as something other than me. Be as That. This is the instruction of the Guru. All else, that you have presented are of the mind and not yours.

Even if those speculations and your questions about the relationship between ego, world and God etc... go on, YOU REMAIN WHO YOU REALLY ARE.

The more you are thus centered in your real nature, these wither away. Something becomes more real only because you are interested in it. Be interested in your self.

The goal is the realisation of your real Self and abiding as your self, and the more you get tuned into your nature, you will realise, being your real self, it does not at all matter about all the speculations you have raised.

All these are of no concern to you.

Its like why are we bothering about our neighbor's house?

Just be. Let the world be or not be. You be Who you really are. Do not get identified with the world and loose yourself.

--

“You cannot travel the path until
you have become the path itself”
[

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2014, 05:02:51 PM »
Why do spiritual sadhakas like Buddhists progress spiritually without accepting the existence of God? Why Grace flows through them when they openly reject the existence of Personal God contolling the karma? Why Shankara so passionately critisized the Buddists for their atheism when He actually proclaimed the evenual non-existence of Ishvara? I felt today that these questions would be good to be elucidated. We have commented them but very very superficially.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2014, 09:08:51 PM »
Hari,

You may like to read this article by Sami Krishnananda-Sankara ,The Genius:

http://www.dlshq.org/religions/sankara_genius.htm

Namaskar.

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2014, 09:49:03 PM »
Thank you, Sri Ravi. Beautiful article. But it left me with the impression that Indian philosophy is based on upgrading of the mind's vision of the world, resolving some mind's problems about the understanding of the reality, not on some kind of expansion of the experience.

But I agree about what the author mentions that Buddha, Christ, Shankara and others are misinterpreted.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2014, 06:41:50 AM »
Hari,
Yes,We may say that the Indian philosophy is all about the relationship or equation between the Jiva,Jagat and Brahman-It is based on Experience and not on speculation.The Explanation of the experience is different.
The Other thing is that Truth is Infinite and no mind(be that of the Sage)can exhaustively comprehend it.The Mind can know the essence but not the Extent.
This is what Sri Ramakrishna says:

"What Brahman is cannot he described. All things in the world - the Vedas, the Puranas, the Tantras, the six systems of philosophy - have been defiled, like food that has been touched by the tongue, for they have been read or uttered by the tongue. Only one thing has not been defiled in this way, and that is Brahman. No one has ever been able to say what Brahman is."

He sings this song of Ramprasad:

Who is there that can understand what Mother Kali is?
Even the six darsanas are powerless to reveal Her.
It is She, the scriptures say, that is the Inner Self
Of the yogi, who in Self discovers all his joy;
She that, of Her own sweet will, inhabits every living thing.
The macrocosm and microcosm rest in the Mother's womb;
Now do you see how vast it is? In the Muladhara
The yogi meditates on Her, and in the Sahasrara:
Who but Siva has beheld Her as She really is?
Within the lotus wilderness She sports beside Her Mate, the Swan.
When man aspires to understand Her, Ramprasad must smile;
To think of knowing Her, he says, is quite as laughable
As to imagine one can swim across the boundless sea.
But while my mind has understood, alas! my heart has not;
Though but a dwarf, it still would strive to make a captive of the moon

There cannot be anything like the Last word,as there is no last number in Infinity!
Namaskar.