Author Topic: Why topics are deleted?  (Read 6611 times)

Hari

• View Profile
Why topics are deleted?
« on: February 27, 2014, 11:17:41 AM »
Where are the topics "Self-enquiry as taught by Bhagavan is enough", "Daily messages...", "Rough notebook", "Divine poetry...", my topic "Varous quotes..."? I demand explanation because these topics are the work year after year of so many people!

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: Why topics are deleted?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 12:43:29 PM »
Hari,
Today is sivaratri.Lord siva has opened his third eye and burnt all these threads.Lord siva felt that the Old rough-notebook is wornout and has become dog-eared;  a new one need to be be issued!  :)

That was said in a light vein;I suspect it has something to do with the mail that Graham received.Please see the message at the very top.
Perhaps these threads contain some refererences to the subject matter mentioned by Graham.

Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 01:21:31 PM »
Hari,
The message talks about use of the name and discussing the person,his family,unathorised posting of his talks,etc.There must be a reason behind this request and I suspect that this message would have been issued in a general way to all the web/social forums;it may not have anything specific to this forum-we do not know.I recall only one discussion in this forum that discussed the attainment or otherwise-and this is definitely not recommended.I do not think mentioning his name or giving useful information of his talks in a beneficial way as a sharing  is questioned.There is always a gap between the intention and the translating of the same into 'words' and that too by 'another' person who is speaking on behalf.So,let us take it for what it is and abide by it to the best of our understanding.Well,as for your point that only those selective posts may be deleted,I am not sure how easy or practical that would be-It certainly is a big responsibility and burden for the administrator.

There is only one Guru-Satchidananda.Here is an excerpt from The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna:

"Three words-'master', 'teacher', and 'father'-prick me like thorns. I am the son of God, His eternal child. How can I be a 'father'? God alone is the Master and I am His instrument. He is the Operator and I am the machine".
"If somebody addresses me as guru, I say to him: 'Go away, you fool! How can I be a teacher?' There is no teacher except Satchidananda. There is no refuge except Him. He alone is the Ferryman to take one across the ocean of the world. (To Vijay) It is very
difficult to act as an acharya. It harms the acharya himself".

Namaskar.

prasanth_ramana_maharshi

• ఓం నమో భగవతే శ్రీ రమణాయ
    • View Profile
    • HARE RAMA HARE KRISHNA
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 01:43:28 PM »
Hmm I was actually wondering what happened to few deleted threads and now thanks to hari garu's open question i get the answer.

While like many forum members i standby saying a polite notice before deleting thread should have been great but again it makes me laugh to ask the same ...

Asking and finding fault with graham ji's deletion of emails action is like finding some fault or other with god's creation of this waking state world :)

This website belongs to Grahamji and as administrator he has ultimate rights.
ఓం  నమో  భగవతే  శ్రీ  రమణాయ   
ప్రశాంత్  జలసూత్రం
ప్రేమే శాశ్వతము

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 02:12:19 PM »
Quote from Sri Ravi:

Lord siva has opened his third eye and burnt all these threads.
;D :D :D

Hari,what to say,welcome to the "Today-world's spirituality","The spirituality of politics". :-)

This,i am sure,does not have anything with Sri Graham. I supose He only did everything to protects us actually,and the forum mostly.

Even,i found my own thread to be obstacle lately,so i actually feel relief. I am only sorry for beautiful and insightful conversations we had in many threads.  :(

I only dont understand how can people who work social kind of work,or which are Gurus,known and famous,expect that their name should not be mentioned. ::)

I guess we should all comunicate through silence only... :)

With love and prayers,

« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 02:15:57 PM by Jewell »
        Love

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 02:33:23 PM »
Dear Hari,

Yes,true. I am sorry too for all the threads,especially because,like you said,were inspiration for all of us. But i am mostly irritated with these,"political" kind of things and requests... One new thing to learn...diplomacy... That is one reason why there is little religion left among the people...

Well,like you said,all has its reasons. How ever tourns,i am sure it is best for us(in any possible way).

What is most important,we learned much through all the post. That,they cannot take.

With love and prayers,
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 02:49:49 PM by Jewell »
        Love

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 03:10:36 PM »
I completely agree with you. For me this is familly too. Closer than any other. But,most important thing is what we learned. We even don't know what actually happened. I can imagine. This is real world,how i love to say to myself. However that sounds.

Even a bad thing,can become a good thing in the hands of God. And all is in hands of God.

With love and prayers,
        Love

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 03:37:22 PM »
A Buddhist poem:

Impermanence

Remember this now
to save all the trouble
life is a rainbow
life is a bubble

Everything changes
nothing's the same
first there is sunshine
and then there is rain

First there are smiles
then there are tears
things last for a while
and then disappear

Sad becomes happy
Rain becomes fine
Minutes are hours
so goes the time

Life is not good
but life is not bad
everything happens
both happy and sad

Everything changes
so everyone's free
Don't cling to wishes
Just live now and be

“You cannot travel the path until
you have become the path itself”
[

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 03:39:29 PM »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 04:36:47 PM »
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Graham

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 06:20:51 PM »
Dear All,

This was a total accident, the forum software has deleted entire threads instead of just the specific posts I selected - several hundreds of them in fact. This is not what it is supposed to do and it has not done it in the past when removing posts/replies.

I can only apologise for this unintentional error.

I will try my utmost to recover what I can, but I cannot make promises.

To expect me to read through every topic/post/reply and delete them individually is not realistic and I really do not have the time to do it.

Graham

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 06:47:06 PM »
Graham,
Yes,it is quite understandable that you simply cannot be going through individual posts.Please do not bother.These things do happen sometimes.Thanks very much for providing this wonderful forum and supporting it as you have been doing all along.
Namaskar.

prasanth_ramana_maharshi

• ఓం నమో భగవతే శ్రీ రమణాయ
    • View Profile
    • HARE RAMA HARE KRISHNA
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 07:08:13 PM »
Yes i support Ravi garu.

No one in this forum are/should attached to their post count  ;D
ఓం  నమో  భగవతే  శ్రీ  రమణాయ   
ప్రశాంత్  జలసూత్రం
ప్రేమే శాశ్వతము

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2014, 09:03:19 PM »
Hari/Friends,
It is  just an illusion that we post to help others.We post for sharing what we have enjoyed or benefitted,for the joy of it.It is for our happiness ,and our satisfaction.If it helps someone,well and good.If not,so be it.
It is also another big illusion to think that sadhana depends on revisiting something posted here and that illumination may possibly happen on account of it-May be illumination may happen when all our posts in the past or those to come in the future are deleted once for all!All these are mere speculations and at best mere sentiments.
This will be my last message on this topic here and I do not intend wasting further time on this.
Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2014, 09:52:02 PM »
Hari,

Relative to the Absolute all is 'illusion' but this does not stop us from eating good meal, to talk with 'illusory' people, reading 'illusory' Holy Books, following 'illusory' Gurus, watching 'illusory' movies, etc. It is an 'illusion' also when we give a bread to a homeless person - the bread is as 'illusory' as the homeless person. The animal is illusion too but you passionately tried to convince us how bad are the meat eaters. Or how we should fast on Ekadashi (remember?). Sanatana Dharma is also 'illusion' but all Indians, including you preach It unceasingly. So let not use the term 'illusion' only when it is convenient for us. I am telling you this with deep respect without any bad feelings, like a friend

The 'illusion' that I am using is relative and with reference to the factual,verifiable  things-It is not based on speculation and conjecture.The 'absolute ' is just a word ,a concept until we know it without naming it.
You are now bringing topics-Like Ekadasi,sanatana Dharma and Branding them as 'Illusions' without any basis-just because you have read somewhere without understanding the principle of 'mithya'-Mithya means 'unreal' and not illusion.It has transactional value,although it is temporal and not real.Yet it is through the temporal that the Real can be reached.The 'false ,imaginary value' that we attribute to the 'transactional Reality' is what is 'Illusion'.
Hope this clarifies.
Namaskar.

Namaskar.