Author Topic: Daily Message for Transforming the Mind  (Read 1518 times)

prasanth_ramana_maharshi

• ఓం నమో భగవతే శ్రీ రమణాయ
    • View Profile
    • HARE RAMA HARE KRISHNA
Daily Message for Transforming the Mind
« on: February 27, 2014, 10:39:30 AM »
Q: But how shall I reach the Self?

M: There is no reaching the Self. If it were to be reached, it would mean that the Self is not here and now, but would have to be gained. What is got afresh will also be lost. So it will be impermanent. What is not permanent is not worth striving for. So I say the Self is not reached. You are the Self. You are already That.
ఓం  నమో  భగవతే  శ్రీ  రమణాయ   
ప్రశాంత్  జలసూత్రం
ప్రేమే శాశ్వతము

prasanth_ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
    • HARE RAMA HARE KRISHNA
Re: Daily Message for Transforming the Mind
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 10:39:23 AM »
M: The fact is that you are ignorant of your blissful state. Ignorance draws a veil over the pure Bliss. Direct your attempts only towards removing the ignorance. This ignorance is just wrong knowledge. The wrong lies in the false identification of the Self with the body and mind. This false identity must go by inquiry into the Self.
ప్రశాంత్  జలసూత్రం
ప్రేమే శాశ్వతము

prasanth_ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
    • HARE RAMA HARE KRISHNA
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 10:33:38 AM »
M: The Self is beyond duality. If there is one there will also be two. Without one there are no other numbers. The truth is neither one nor two. It is as it is.

Be always feeling and reflecting on the real Being. Be That. Cling close to It. Let your quest be constant and sustained until you catch the Self and thereby find eternal happiness.
ప్రశాంత్  జలసూత్రం
ప్రేమే శాశ్వతము

prasanth_ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
    • HARE RAMA HARE KRISHNA
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 10:37:55 AM »
Q: Why is it written in one of the Upanishads, "Those whom the Atman (Self) chooses, to them alone does It reveal Itself, not to others?" Isn't this rather arbitrary?

M: No. It is correct. It chooses only those who devote themselves to It, who become Its devotees. Such It draws inwards to Itself. One must turn inwards to find the Atman. Whoever thinks of It, It will draw to Itself.
ప్రశాంత్  జలసూత్రం
ప్రేమే శాశ్వతము

prasanth_ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
    • HARE RAMA HARE KRISHNA
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 10:38:32 AM »
M: All thoughts such as, "Attainment is hard," or "Self-realization is far from me," or "I have to overcome many difficulties to know Reality," should be given up, as they are obstacles and are created by this false self, ego. They are untrue. Do not doubt that you are the Reality; live in that understanding. Never question it by deferring your realization of it to some future time. It is because people are victimized and hypnotized by such false thoughts that the Gita says that few out of millions realize the Self.
ప్రశాంత్  జలసూత్రం
ప్రేమే శాశ్వతము

prasanth_ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
    • HARE RAMA HARE KRISHNA
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 10:31:25 AM »
M: The order of ashramas (the four stages of life traditionally classified in Hinduism) was established as a general principle to regulate the gradual development of the ordinary run of humanity, but in the case of one highly mature and fully ripe for atma vichara (Self-Inquiry) there is no graduated development. In this case, jnana vichara, i.e. Self-Inquiry, and the blooming of jnana, (knowledge of the Self) are immediate and quick.
ప్రశాంత్  జలసూత్రం
ప్రేమే శాశ్వతము

prasanth_ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
    • HARE RAMA HARE KRISHNA
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 10:40:57 AM »
Q: If I am infinite how did I become finite?

M: Analyze your words. You begin with "I." Know the "I" first. If the question persists after that, you may consider it then, but not before. The Self is here and now and alone. It is not new and something to be acquired. It is natural and permanent. The term "Self" refers to the unlimited, the infinite Self; do not limit its meaning.
ప్రశాంత్  జలసూత్రం
ప్రేమే శాశ్వతము