Author Topic: Water  (Read 687 times)

Jordan

• View Profile
Water
« on: February 17, 2014, 07:29:35 AM »
Greetings,

I'm writing this post in order to discuss access to clean drinking water in Tiruvannamalai. As a traveller I plan on carrying portable filtration unit. Is there anywhere at all where the water is safe to drink?

Especially interested in water sources on the hill or those which can be found when performing Girivalam during non-busy times for quiet self reflection.

Thanks for any thoughts!

drsundaram

• View Profile
Re: Water
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 02:54:49 PM »
i dont think you may have to carry pure water unit all the way from there. here good quality water packed in  pet bottles made by  well known companies are available. you can buy 1-2 ltrs pack and keep on buying as you wish. easy to carry as they  light weight.

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
Re: Water
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 02:53:57 PM »
I, too, worry about the water quality when I am in India. There have been reports in the Indian media that the ground water table is severely contaminated with pesticides.  The bottled water is no better. Sometimes I wonder how the plastic in the bottle kept in the hot Indian sun on tempos/lorries and in wayside shops must be affecting the water.

Jordon, if you do end up taking a water filteration unit, please keep us posted on which one and how it worked for you.

I wish some of the long time residents of Tiruvannamalai will let us know how they manage.

Child of Arunachala