Author Topic: The Bridal Garland of Letters in praise of Sri Arunachala by Sri Sadhu Om  (Read 4040 times)

Balaji

• View Profile

47.  தூய்மன மொழியர் தோயுமுன் மெய்யகந்
       தோயவே யருளென் னருணாசலா.

O Arunachala, bestow Your grace to make me to merge in Self,
      Your Reality, in which only those who are pure in mind and speech can merge.

48.  தெய்வமென் றுன்னைச் சாரவே யென்னைச்
        சேர வொழித்தா யருணாசலா.

O  Arunachala, when I sought refuge in You as God ( believing that you would protect me),
      You completely annihilated me.
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

Balaji

• View Profile
49.  தேடா துற்றநற் றிருவரு ணிதியகத்
         தியக்கந் தீர்த்தரு ளருணாசலா.

O Arunachala, Supreme treasure of Divine Grace found without seeking, graciously remove my mental delusion.

50.  தைரிய மோடுமுன் மெய்யக நாடயான்
         றட்டழிந் தேனரு ளருணாசலா.

O Arunachala, when I courageously sought and attained Self, your Reality, I became bereft of wants (such is your grace)!

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Balaji,
Please take a backup of the posts in this thread;you may have to post it again just in case the old backup is restored.
Namaskar.

Balaji

• View Profile
Dear Mr Ravi Sir

Thank you very much for your advice.  I copied immediately after seeing your message. I copied and sent to my yahoo email.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 02:30:52 PM by Balaji »

Balaji

• View Profile

51.  தொட்டருட் கைமெய் கட்டிடா யெனிலியா
         னட்டமா வேனரு ளருணாசலா.

O Arunachala, if You do not touch and embrace my body with the hands of Your grace, I shall have
        lost ( the fruit of this human birth).  (Therefore ) bestow Your grace upon me.

52.   தோடமி னீயகத் தோடொன்றி யென்றுஞ்சந்
          தோடமொன் றிடவரு ளருணாசலா.

O Arunachala may You , who is devoid of defects, bestow your grace
        upon me by becoming one  with  me so that we may ever be united in Bliss.

Balaji

• View Profile

53.  நகைக்கிட மிலைநின் னாடிய வெனையரு
       ணகையிட்டுப் பார்நீ யருணாசலா.

O Arunachala, there is no room  for laughter.  Bestow upon me the smile of Your grace.
        You should look at me , who has approached You(for refuge).

Explanatory Note:  O Arunachala when I have come to take refuge  in you, there is no room for You to laugh at mock at me, seeing my immaturity.   Instead of laughing at me derisively.   You should look at me, bestowing upon me  the compassionate smile  of your grace.

54.  நாணிலை நாடிட நானா யொன்றிநீ
        தாணுவா நின்றனை யருணாசலா

O Arunachala, I had shyness to approach You of my own accord
        (Hence) becoming one (with me) as 'I' you should (motionless) like a pillar.

Explanatory Note:  O Arunachala, without any shyness I approached You of my own accord in order to attain union with You.   Hence you became one with me, shining forth in me like a pillar as the motionless and thought free consciousness 'I'.

Note:  The word 'nand may mean either of my own accord or ' as I' and hence both meanings are included.

Balaji

• View Profile
55.   நின்னெரி யெரித்தெனை நீறாக் கிடுமுன்
         னின்னருண் மழைபொழி யருணாசலா.

O Arunachala, before the fire ( of my intense longing ) for You burns me and reduces
       me to ashes,  shower upon me the rain of Your grace(there by enabling me to attain You).

Nin eri- - Can also mean ‘ the fire of your Maya’ in the form of three desires which burn all the worlds.

56.   நீநா னறப்புலி நிதங்களி மயமா
         நின்றிடு நிலையரு ளருணாசலா.

O Arunachala, by uniting with me to destroy( the false distinction)’ You’  and ‘ I’
        graciously bestow upon me the state of remaining ever blissful.