Author Topic: light seen at the time of Bhagavan's birth and at time of his dropping the body  (Read 1294 times)

Anand

• View Profile
Dear friends,
Using inputs of Ravi sir and Graham sir , I am posting this as an after thought.
his is about the light seen at the time of bith of Bhagavan by an elderly relative of Bhagavan who did not have proper eye sight and the light seen as merging in Arunachala a the time of Bhagavan's dropping off the body.
What do these signify ?I think it signifies that the supreme Brahman represented as a visible symbol on this earth(Arunachala) himself took birth  to show the path (or one should say live the path)of self enquiry and dropped the bodily form that appeared as Bhagavan when the mission was accomplished.
Hence when someone says that Bhagavan will guide us in his path it is but the supreme .Now I would like to say one more thing.
Arunachala when we say epitomises Lord Siva , actually  is the visual manifestation of the supreme Brahman which someone worships as Siva,Vishnu,Christ etc.In some mysterious way the supreme Brahman has chosen to be present as a hill giving solace to one and all.
So that is why when someone was sad that Bhagavan was droppping his body reassured that where can he go .He was and is the supreme Brahman .Similarly when we see so many foreigners  coming to Arunachala they do not just worship Lord Siva by cirumventing the hill,etc.They are literally worshipping the supreme Brahman that dwels everywhere including their own selves.Arunachala is the living visual presence of God and which Hindus are worshipping as Lord Shiva but anyone can see in Arunachala their own God since God can be  in any form.
Thanks
Anand Sundaram.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Dear Anand,'

1. The midwife who was blind and who was attending to Mother Azhagamma, saw the Light and cried:  Here is an Avatara!
    Here is an Avatara!  That speaks the truth that Sri Bhagavan came as an avatara.  Ganapati Muni calls Him as an avataa
   of Sri Skanda.  There is no doubt about it.  Sri Bhagavan has also said in one of His stray verses asking Ganapati in the niche
   in the Cave: You are eating well and are having a big belly. Why do you make this younger brother, a bhikshandi, a alms
   seeker.

2. When Sri Bhagavan was leaving His mortal coil, in the same moment, a meteor like light rushed out from the Nirvana Room
    and moved skywards and perched into the summit of Arunachala.  This light could not be photographed by anyone.
    But it was seen by everyone, including devotees from Mumbai and other far off places. The Mother of Pondichery
    saw it and immediately fell on the ground and prostrated towards the light.

He came as a light and left the world as a light!  This miracle had not happened to any Brahma Jnani at anytime thereafter.

Arunachala Siva.         

ksksat27

• View Profile
Dear Anand,'

1. The midwife who was blind and who was attending to Mother Azhagamma, saw the Light and cried:  Here is an Avatara!
    Here is an Avatara!  That speaks the truth that Sri Bhagavan came as an avatara.  Ganapati Muni calls Him as an avataa
   of Sri Skanda.  There is no doubt about it.  Sri Bhagavan has also said in one of His stray verses asking Ganapati in the niche
   in the Cave: You are eating well and are having a big belly. Why do you make this younger brother, a bhikshandi, a alms
   seeker.

2. When Sri Bhagavan was leaving His mortal coil, in the same moment, a meteor like light rushed out from the Nirvana Room
    and moved skywards and perched into the summit of Arunachala.  This light could not be photographed by anyone.
    But it was seen by everyone, including devotees from Mumbai and other far off places. The Mother of Pondichery
    saw it and immediately fell on the ground and prostrated towards the light.

He came as a light and left the world as a light!  This miracle had not happened to any Brahma Jnani at anytime thereafter.

Arunachala Siva.       

Dear Sir,

I would like to know the book or excerpt  that quotes this:

The Mother of Pondichery     saw it and immediately fell on the ground and prostrated towards the light.

It is not that I have doubts but really would like to read that book that has reference to Bhagavan and Mother Mirra alike.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Dear Krishnan,

I have to see the 9 volume Arunachala's Ramana - Boundless Ocean of Grace.

Arunachala Siva.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Krishna/Subramanian,

The Mother of Pondichery saw it and immediately fell on the ground and prostrated towards the light

you may refer the Maharshi newsletter that carries Sri Chinmoy's(Disciple of Sri Aurobindo) talk at the N.Y. Arunachala Ashrama on September 5th, 1999 -My visit to Sri Ramanasramam.
Please find it here:http://www.arunachala.org/newsletters/1999/nov-dec

Here is the excerpt from this talk:
The Vice President was extremely, extremely kind to me. He told me his name was Mani, but when I asked him his position, he said, "I am nobody, I am nobody." He was very humble. We spent over an hour together. He repeatedly requested me to stay that night at the Ashram so that I could meet the President the following day, but I could not comply with his loving request.

At one point, Mani asked me, "Was it true that the Mother of the Sri Aurobindo Ashram watched the light?" [The star that appeared and floated slowly across the sky at the moment of the Maharshi's Mahasamadhi].

I said, "It is absolutely true. We were at that time in the playground. I was one of the captains. I was only twenty or thirty meters away from the Mother. As soon as we saw the column of light, the Mother immediately folded her hands and we also folded our hands. We watched the light. It was like a fireball. Then the radio made the announcement that Ramana Maharshi had passed on."

Mani was very, very moved when he heard that the Mother had folded her hands and we all did the same. He was thrilled.

Namaskar.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Dear Ravi,

Thanks for giving the reference.

Arunachala Siva.

ksksat27

• View Profile
Dear Krishnan,

I have to see the 9 volume Arunachala's Ramana - Boundless Ocean of Grace.

Arunachala Siva.

Thanks Ravi sir for your reference and Subramanian Sir.

Subramaniam sir,

'I thought of knowing more about this book -- I found the 9 volume Boundless Ocean of Grace.

What are the contents? Is it repetitive of Power of Presence or similar devotee exp books like Balaram reddy or Day by day?

Please put most of the chapters from this volume set please.