Author Topic: Sri Ramana Ninaivugal:  (Read 4621 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Sri Ramana Ninaivugal:
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2013, 09:11:04 AM »
Annamalai Swami writes:

(From Sri Bhagavanum adiyenum.)

On 18.7.1939, one lady by name Rameswari Nehru,  a Congress volunteer, asked Sri Bhagavan:  'What is Sri Bhagavan's view
regarding Harijan entry into the temples?'

Sri Bhagavan: There is no view from me. All happens as per God's will. He will do things according to the way in which these
are to be done.'

Devotee: Whether it is better to do service for the society or to do meditation inside a cave?

Sri Bhagavan: Both are good. But one should do service for himself first and then only he can do service for society in a
fit manner.

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2013, 03:45:53 PM »
Annamalai Swami writes:

(From Sri Bhagavanum adiyenum):

One morning Sri Bhagavan said: Just because a person sees a particular attainment, or hear about it, he cannot do it himself.
Even small work in life has to be done with good practice as otherwise there would be mistakes. If this be the case of ordinary
worldly work, just because you know you are Atma or hear from the Guru that you are Atma, you cannot attain Atma Jnanam.
Constant practice (sadhana) and earnestness (sraddha) are needed. This is what Upadesa Saram, Verse 7 says:

Better than spells of meditation
Is one continuous current,
Steady as a stream
Of downward flow of oil.

Arunachala Siva. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2013, 09:09:56 AM »
Annamalai Swami writes:

(Sri Bhagavanum adiyenum)

When the river returns back to the ocean, it does  not further flow and merges with ocean. In the same way, if one
meditates without break either his own true nature or the Self, then one attains Atma.

Once in the night after dinner, Sri Bhagavan who used to go out for washing His mouth, went out as usual. I took the
water tumbler and also the battery light and handed over them to Him. Sri Bhagavan smiled and said: Why do you make
me a lazy man? Can I not take these two things?. He laughed and everyone laughed.

Once a devotee asked Sri Bhagavan: 'How to overcome anger?'  Sri Bhagavan replied: " Be angry with your anger. When
there is total non attachment, it brings you great Sukam.

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2013, 09:44:49 AM »
Annamalai Swami writes:

On 10.03.1938, at night, I asked Sri Bhagavan about the wonders of Siddhars. Sri Bhagavan said: To learn and attain siddhis
is only to fatten the ego. To remain without seeing 'others' is the greatest siddhi. For a purna Jnani, all siddhis will come and
do service on their own accord. The greatest siddhi is to remain in the Self which is already there readily. All others are like
dreams only. He also mentioned the verse in Ulladu Narpadu on this subject.

One morning, a devotee asked Sri Bhaavan: Sometimes I feel doubt about the existence of God Himself.

Sri Bhagavan said: Find out whether you are there or not. If you realize that then there will be no need to find out whether
God is there or not. Do you expect God to come and jump before you? You are the God. Perhaps you will believe in God only
when He comes before you and ask you whether you need any boons.

All laughed.

Arunachala Siva.         

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2013, 01:18:41 PM »
Annamalai Swami writes:

Sri Bhagavan was for some days having piles problem. No one knew about it. Once when some devotees found out that He was
suffering from acute piles problem, they brought a medicine stating that it was a good medicine and then told Madhavaswami
to give it to Sri Bhagavan in the morning and evening.

Sri Bhagavan was getting angry like a child. He said, "I do not want any medicine. Taking medicine will only aggravate the problem
and will make us depend on the medicine more and more. Let me suffer it. As it came it will go.

Next day, on  further request from devotees, He took the medicine, without much interest. He also distributed the medicine to all
in the Hall the devotees also took it!

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2013, 08:32:03 AM »
Annamalai Swami writes:

On 08.07.1939, Dr. Syed asked Sri Bhagavan: God is all present and all pervasive. If that be so, why should He take avataras
eons after eons?  Can He not do the job sitting in His own place?

Sri Bhagavan: In this world, to help the good people who have done merits and bad people who have committed sins,
avataras are being sent as by the niyathi of Iswara. He also sends various good people to assist the avatara in His work,
After the work is over, the avatara withdraws Himself. Though avataras are many, the God does not forget His own state.
It is like one getting  ten types of dreams, in the same night. Without knowing this truth, if one makes comments about avataras,
it is only ignorance.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2013, 10:25:46 AM »
Annamalai Swami writes:

(Sri Bhagavanum Adiyenum)

On 22.07.1939, night, Maurice Frydman asked Sri Bhagavan: You say that one should not show advaitam in day to day activities.
Why is this so? All is One. Why differences?

Sri Bhagavan: Would you like to sit with me on this sofa?

M. Frydman: AHA! But Sarvadhikari and others will maul me and drive me out of this Asramam!

Sri Bhagavan: That is right. No one will agree. If you say advaitam and try to drag some woman on the road, will anyone keep
quiet? There is a story about Janaka in this context. Once some Jnanis wanted to test Janaka. They brought to him, a cow, a dog,
a downcaste, an elephant and a brahmin. Janaka agreed to take all. He sent the down caste to the servants' quarters, brahmin
to bramins' quarters, cow to the shed, elephant to the elephant stable, and the dog to the dogs' stable. When Jnanis asked him
why, he answered: The nature of persons/animals are different though there is only advaitam. One should treat as per one's
nature. Can the cow eat horse gram? Can the downcaste eat dry grass? Can the brahmin eat what the downcaste eats, i.e.
non vegetarian food,? So is the difference in practical world. But one should keep advaita bhavana in mind.

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2013, 12:37:30 PM »
Annamalai Swami writes:

(From Sri Bhagavanum adiyenum)

On 08.08.1939, one American lady asked Sri Bhagavan, inter alia,

"Now in your presence, the thought 'I am the body' is gone and there is shanti. Is it the true state?'

Sri Bhagavan: Yes. But this should not undergo change. If it changes after some time, it means that the thoughts
(I am the body and other thoughts) have not been eradicated.

Q: How to remove these thoughts permanently?

Sri Bhagavan: One should ask, 'For whom these thoughts have come?' - This inquiry should continue strongly and uninterruptedly
and with the strength gained so, one can progress in self knowledge.

Arunachala Siva.