Author Topic: Sri Ramana Ninaivugal:  (Read 4446 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Sri Ramana Ninaivugal:
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 09:35:58 AM »
Annamalai Swami writes:

Sri Bhagavan said: Nobody is smaller than us. If we realize that we are smaller than everybody, then we will become
bigger than everyone. God is atom of the atom. He is mahat of mahat. All are God's forms only. Because of our delusion,
one considers him as a separate man. There is no greater mistake than this.

Those we see in Jagrat and those we see in Swapna are the same. There is no difference at all. To prove that the Jagrat world
is a falsity, the Swapna state has come about by god's will. But how to realize that the Jagrat world is false? History says that
this Jagrat world is there for thousands of years. So the Jagrat world is real and it is truth - we decide. This is due to our
ignorance only.

The world is changing every second. It is like our body. Our body of young age is not there now. The oil lamp lighted in the
morning is not the same that is lighted in the evening. The oil, wick etc., have changed. But we say that oil lamp has not changed.
Is it true? The river's waters are changing every minute. Can we say that the water of today is of yesterday? All that changes
are unreal. Trust that we are the only Reality, Our true Swarupa is only Reality.

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 10:43:51 AM »
Annamalai Swami writes:

On 02.08.1939 I asked Sri Bhagavan: Bhagavan! You say that once a person attains Jnana Bodham, all the three karmas
are not there. But in Kaivalya Navaneetam, it is said that a Jnani would have to experience Prarabdha Karma.

Sri Bhagavan replied: Since the prarabdha karma has been allotted even before one attains Jnana, it appears for onlookers
that the Jnani also suffers prarabdha. There are several examples for this.

1. When a hunter leaves an arrow towards the object thinking that it it is tiger, even if the object is a cow, the arrow will
hurt it. (But when the Jnani has no body at all, how can it affect the body that is the cow?)

2. The ceiling fan even after it is switched off, it goes for some rotations before finally stopping.

3. The burnt rope also looks like the other rope. But the burnt rope has only form but no use.

4. The tree that has been cut off to the roots, also looks like a green living tree. But that that tree will not grow further.

5. The roasted seed also looks like green seed. But the roasted seed will not be useful for planting.

All the prarabdha of a Jnani is from the point of view of onlookers. The Jnani will also appear to suffer that prarabdha. There
is of course, no prarabdha for him, (since his body is different from the Self that has been realized.)

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 09:32:16 AM »
Annamalai Swami writes:

On 25.01.1938, a devotee asked Sri Bhagavan the following three questions:

a. Has God created this world right from the beginning, with all diversities (like four castes etc.,) and have these
come in the middle?

b. If God is common to all, why should He create some as good, some as bad, some lame, some blind, some Jnani and
many as Ajnanis?

c. Even today, are there eight directional gods (ashta dik balakas), thirtythree crore devas, Maharshis etc.,

After seeing these three questions written on a paper, sri Bhagavan said: "If you ask first to whom these questions have arisen
in the first place, you will understand the answer yourself.'

Then He elaborated:  One should realize one's own true nature first. Then all questions relating to creation of the world, gods,
good and bad would reveal the answers themselves. Without understanding one's Self, to understand the world etc., are only
ignorance. If a patient with hepatitis says that all the things in the world are yellow in color, who will agree?

Secondly, to say that it is a new creation or it is already there, etc., are incorrect. Because all creations are originally from
an already created thing. It is like asking which came first the tree or the seed. Unless one realizes its own nature, to investigate
these things is only ignorance. If one understands one's Self, what else is there to understand?

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 10:15:21 AM »
Annamalai Swami writes:

On 07.01.1938, at about 7.30 PM, Lady Bateman and her friends (all from England) had come and were staying in the Asramam
for a few days.

Once she asked Sri Bhagavan: Bhagavan!  You also eat like us. You also speak like us. You also have medicine for your tooth-ache.
In this situation, we do not understand the difference between you ( a Jnani) and us?

Sri Bhagavan gave some examples to make them understand:

a. A young boy cried for food before going to bed at night. Since the food was not ready, the mother wanted him to wait for some
time. By the time the mother brought the food, the boy had gone to sleep. The mother made him wake up and gave food and then
he went to sleep again. Next morning, the boy asks mother: 'Amma, you have not given me any food last night!' The same is the
case with a Jnani's actions.

b. When a man was listening to a religious discourse, his mind went to think of something else and still he was appearing as if
he had been listening to the discourse. But he did not, in fact, listen to the discourse in true sense.

c. A man sleeping inside the moving train. He is sleeping but still the train is moving.

d. Two people were sleeping side by side. One man dreams as if he is lost in a jungle and suffering and with someone else's
help comes back to the town. He thinks that the other man also had been lost in the jungle. In fact the other man is having
a dream less deep sleep.

e. Swami Ramatirtha was in upstairs and was doing japa: Sivoham, Sivoham. One man from the ground told him to jump  down
from the stairs to prove his realization - Sivoham, Sivoham. Ramatirtha asked him: What is up and what is down?

Arunachala Siva,             

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 09:21:41 AM »
Annamalai Swami writes:

Once Sri Bhagavan said:

A true guru will not advise the disciple any action for the attainment of mukti. Because mukti is our real nature. It is not attained
anew. Whatever comes anew goes. So it is not mukti. To be ever in one's true real nature, is the highest sadhana and that is also
the sadhyam, goal. Hence a guru should not advise any action for the attainment of mukti.

Once when Sri Bhagavan was strolling on the Hill along with Kavyakanta Ganapati Muni, the Muni said: If one has got Rs 3.00
for every month for the purpose of food and other basic requirements, one can do sadhana without any worry. Sri Bhagavan
said: It is enough if one has got a body to do sadhana and nothing else is required!

Arunachala Siva. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 01:10:27 PM »
Annamalai Swami writes:

On 29.03.1939, Maurice Frydman asked Sri Bhagavan: "When I am in dhyana, nothing is seen by me. Is it mano-layam or
mano nasam?

Sri Bhagavan: In mano layam and mano nasam, no questions will arise.

Mr. Frydman: Mano nasam is then what?

Sri Bhagavan: To be in total stillness with out doubtful thoughts,  that 'I am not seeing anything, or I am seeing something'
is mano nasam.

On 02.04.1939:

Some Congress volunteers: In Vedanta sastras, Aham Brahmasmi  (I am Brahman) - has been stated. But we are not getting
that state of Jnanam in spite of long time.

Sri Bhagavan: Atma Jnanam is not in Vedanta sastras. One should read oneself to attain Atma Jnanam.

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2012, 01:16:19 PM »
Annamalai Swami writes:

One night, after dinner, an old granny asked Sri Bhagavan: How to keep the mind stable?

Sri Bhagavan: Keep always one thought for ever. Do not allow other thoughts again to jump in the mind.  If this is done,
in due course, mind will become stable and will be subservient to us.

One day Sri Bhagavan told me: Here is a small book , ellAm onRe, All is One. Please write down the contents in your notebook.
I told Sri Bhagavan: I have a lot of other work. If some one could write it and give me it will be nice.

Sri Bhagavan said: Mukti cannot be attained by proxy. If you write it out, as you write, the contents will be understood by the
mind and that is the reason I told you to write it. If one writes once, it is like reading 10 times. Please write it leisurely. Even if it takes
one month, it does not matter.

After Sri Bhagavan had said this much, I started writing the contents of All is One in  my notebook. I finished it in a few days' time.
Sri Bhagavan, out of abundant grace, wrote the title of each chapter in His own handwriting. He also corrected the spelling mistakes
commited by me.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2012, 02:12:15 PM »
(The following is from Sri Bhagavanum Naanum, the revised edition of Sri Ramana NinaivugaL:)

On  28.09.1938, in the morning, Sri Bhagavan was taking bath in his bathroom. I and Madhavaswami were there outside.
When Sri Bhagavan came out after bath, Madhavaswami asked Him about ganja lehyam. Sri Bhagavan said: It is a very
bad habit. However, Aha, how can one describe the Anandam of those who had consumed ganja?" So saying, He held me
with both His hands and said, "Anandam! Anandam!". He then left with a big laugh.

My experience in body and mind after Sri Bhagavan hugged me, cannot be described. There has been a total change in my
outlook towards, body, mind and work.

Within a month, i.e. on 06.10.1938 I took permission of Sri Bhagavan and came to Palakottu for my meditation and sadhana.

Arunachala Siva.         

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2012, 08:31:16 AM »
(From the revised edition titled Sri  Bhagavanum NAnum.)

Annamalai Swami writes:

On 30.10.1938, when Sri Bhagavan was in the Hill, He told me about the past incidents in His life:

'When I was sitting on  rock in the Hill, one day a young boy came to me. He must be about 8 years old. He came to me:
'Swami, why are you sitting here alone without even clothes?', he said and looked at me with all pity. I said: 'I have come
away from home, since my elders were showing anger to me'. The boy asked: 'Swami, what will you do for your food?'
I said, 'If someone gives something I shall eat, otherwise, there is no food.,' The boy with all love told me: 'Swami, you come
with me. I shall take you to my master and arrange for work for you. He will take work and give you food for eating. After
sometime, he will give you some salary also.' I kept quiet, listening to him with all gratitude.

Again one day, in Virupakshi Cave, I was sitting on the outer portal. One small boy came and after looking at me for some
time started weeping. Pazhaniswami came out and asked him: 'Why are you weeping?' The small boy showed me and told
Pazhani: I feel very bad about him, I feel like crying 'Ayyo'.' He again wept for some time and then left.

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2012, 08:41:54 AM »
(From Sri Bhagavanum Naanum.)

On 07.11.1938, I asked Sri Bhagavan: How to avoid sleep while meditating?

Sri Bhagavan: Those who are meditating daily, should not do hard labor. The stomach should not either be empty or full.
One should sleep minimum hours. At night one should go for sleep at 10 pm. and get up at 2 am. One should never sleep
during day time.

He then quoted the song No. 33 from Devi Kalottaram:

Due to sleep and due to thoughts, the mind always loses its sharpness, its foolishness increases, and it goes to ruin.
Awakening this mind with effort, and without allowing it to wander, establish in the state of the Self. Persevere in this
effort by fixing the mind again and again in its natural state.

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2012, 09:45:26 AM »
(From Sri Bhagavanum Naanum):

On 02.04.1939, some Congress volunteers had come. Among various questions they asked the following was one:

Devotees: Please tell us a way for killing the mind.

Sri Bhagavan: Find out for whom is having the mind. Then if there is mind, let us find a way to kill it.

Devotees: For us there is mind.

Sri Bhagavan: Who are you? Are you the body? If you are the body, then why these questions did not come up in your sleep?
Do you agree that you are the mind and you are the prana?

Devotees:   No.

Sri Bhagavan: You are Atma. There is nothing other than that.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2012, 10:16:20 AM »
(from Sri Bhagavanum Naanum.)

Annamalai Swami writes:

On 19.06.1939, one Pandit lady asked Sri Bhagavan: Bhagavan! I want to have Shanti. You have to help me.' She requested with
all devotion.

Sri Bhagavan replied: Shanti is our real nature. How to attain it afresh? For example, if one has got head ache right from his birth
till his death, he may not think of medicine to cure it. Because headache is natural for him. In the same way Shanti is quite natural
for us. But something or other happens to disturb the Shanti. In deep sleep, there is no lack of Shanti. It is the experience of every
one. If one says that he is thirsty, standing on the neck deep water, or if the water itself says, 'I am thirsty' - it is like this. Shanti,
Sukam, Moksha are all our natural state. Only our mind spoils this state.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2012, 02:15:56 PM »
Annamalai Swami writes:-

(from Sri Bhagavanum adiyenum:)

Pm 29.02.1939, one 40 year old lame brahmin asked Sri Bhagavan: 'Bhagavan! I am having only dhukkha throughout my life.
Is it poorva janma karma? Even when I was in the womb of my mother, she is said to have suffered a lot. How these all came?

Maharshi: It is only poorva karma only. But instead of thinking about such poorva karma, and karma even before that janma etc.,
find out - 'To whom this Janma had come?' If it is you for you then ask, 'Who am I? The birth, is it for my body? Then let the body
ask this question! All dhukkha are due to thoughts. Our real nature is Sukam. Sukham is permanent. Dhukkham will come and go.
Persevere.

Arunachala Siva.       

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2012, 02:26:17 PM »
Annamalai Swami writes:-

(from Sri Bhagavanum adiyenum:)

Pm 29.02.1939, one 40 year old lame brahmin asked Sri Bhagavan: 'Bhagavan! I am having only dhukkha throughout my life.
Is it poorva janma karma? Even when I was in the womb of my mother, she is said to have suffered a lot. How these all came?

Maharshi: It is only poorva karma only. But instead of thinking about such poorva karma, and karma even before that janma etc.,
find out - 'To whom this Janma had come?' If it is you for you then ask, 'Who am I? The birth, is it for my body? Then let the body
ask this question! All dhukkha are due to thoughts. Our real nature is Sukam. Sukham is permanent. Dhukkham will come and go.
Persevere.

Arunachala Siva.       

Perseverance is the Key for Vichara .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2012, 08:28:32 AM »
(From Sri Bhagavanum adiyenum):

On 02.04.1939, the same Congress volunteers asked: 'What help a Guru can do for the disciple?'

Sri Bhagavan said: Guru and God can only guide you that you are That. They cannot do anything more than that. The disciple's
job is to go by the guidance of Guru and God and attain the Truth.

Sri Bhagavan remained silent thereafter. The Congress volunteers took leave of Him.

Arunachala Siva.