Author Topic: On Vasana Kshaya (Destruction of Tendencies)  (Read 5815 times)

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: On Vasana Kshaya (Destruction of Tendencies)
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2012, 11:11:48 PM »
jewel,
Whatever I have posted on pure mind (satwic mind) is not based on any morality or culture and the like.It is jsut that whatever is the covering that obstructs the Light of awareness has to be cleared,and this is the process of Purification,i.e to make the mind satwic.Please go through what I have posted from Sri aurobindo.
The covering can be Tamasic or Rajasic and depending on that,the appropriate action has to be taken.
we need the Gross mind to shed its tendencies so that it becomes subtle and steady for either selfenquiry or surrender or any other sadhana.Nothing can be sustained without this triple approach of aspiration,Rejection and surrender.
Namaskar

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2012, 11:36:29 PM »
Dear Sri Ravi,

I didnt talk about morality either,but about vasanas,and that they cannot be changed by force. And i didnt talk about humanity either. But about people who dont deel with vasanas deeply,and are not honest to themself. I put this from Sri Aurobindo because i think that people think it can be changed on force,only because that basic misunderstanding. Sure,it is my own seeing only.

What i wanted to say is,We need to reject those movements,but not to deny them. How i see it,there is a big difference. What will we do,who cannot reject those movements? What will we do which dont have that strong will like some people? Then sadhana for us is impossible.

I dont think so. It is not the only way,and it is not true that we are becoming first pure,then we can do selfinquiry or surrender. It is the other way around.
With sadhana,our mind is becoming pure. Like You said also,only awareness is important.

And i didnt say vasanas are not important,but they should not discourage us. And we cannot deal with vasanas and overlook the cause of them,and thats the person. Like Bhagavan always said: "Ask to whom does vasanas belong?"

Anyway,anyone can chose to be trubled with them,or not. But there is not need,thats my thinking.

With love and prayers,
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 11:45:30 PM by Jewell »
        Love

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2012, 06:14:47 AM »
udai/Jewel/Friends,
"and wait. Patiently"
I agree with what udai has said.The Key thing is to recognize that the Vasana as such and Reject it.Each one has to discover what works for him/her as jewel said.Patience is required and perseverance,especially when the vasana is sticky and stubborn-it "the thoughts will try to convince you that you are getting affected" as udai has put it.
The important thing to understand is that when this sort of a thing happens,the aspiration and the will that one usually commands become totally clouded by the vasana.One has to keep the 'small light' of Recognition that one has to reject this vasana ,that it is not part of oneself,that it is not going to be with us forever.Sheer doggedness to outlast it is called for,and at the same time we need to stay oriented in that glimmer of aspiration and persist in that to call in that flame-if we do this,the seige will be lifted and the aspiration,light,clarity,peace will come flooding in.The vasana may again surface at periodic intervals but with lesser and lesser vigour and at longer intervals;the very fact that we were able to stave it off before will add to our confidence and we will find it easier and easier to handle it.
Over a period of time,the vasana will just become a Ghost thought with no Real power to seize or cloud our consciousness and may die out eventually.
Namaskar.