Author Topic: The Cow Lakshmi  (Read 1723 times)

Hari

• View Profile
The Cow Lakshmi
« on: April 02, 2012, 06:05:21 PM »
Have you asked yourself how can an animal, without higher mind and understanding, without knowing what Bhagavan has said to be liberated? Can you imagine? We people think that we are very smart, creating philosophies, religions, cities and so on but die in misery without nothing. But a cow which we consider inferior creature has been liberated, has been given the higher knowledge possible. How is that possible? Truly speaking I am filled with admirations for this story. For me Lakshmi's story will always be a living example what the power of the Guru's Presence is. Tell me everything you know about it, please!

nonduel

• View Profile
Re: The Cow Lakshmi
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 06:28:16 PM »
Animal can be domesticated. This is surrender to his master.
He will not continously have doubts.
He will not struggle with many thoughts.
He does not question what to do, and if he is a doer.
He does not read Scriptures, discuss intellectualy the teaching like we do  ;)
He just let Grace flow...

Surrender and Being!

A human example?  Sri Anamalai!  He just did what Baghavan asked!
Oh Arunachala, blazing fire of Jnana, in my heart I pray and think of Thee from afar, root out the ego, merging me in the Self.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 06:49:28 PM »
Dear ramana, non duel,

Yes. Cow Lakshmi had very few vasanas. The Cow surrendered to Sri Bhagavan totally, more than human beings.
The Cow was caressed by Sri Bhagavan and that was His sparsa diksha.  Before its final departure, Sri Bhagavan
did not stay till end. After He left for Hall, when Suri Nagamma was caressing it for some time, it merged with Arunachala.
Sri Bhagavan said: Where are Vasanas for her? So I did not stay till end by keeping my hands on her body, unlike the
case of Mother Azhagammal.

Regarding animals attaining moksha, even a plant can attain moksha when Guru decides that to be. Umapati Sivam,
the great Saiva Saint gave moksha to a thorn bush!  When King and others doubted this, the saint took them to
inner sanctum of Nataraja in the Chidambaram temple and when the screen was opened, they found the thorn bush,
perched on one side of Nataraja along with His consort Sivakama Sundari.

Arunachala Siva.             

nonduel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 07:16:33 PM »
Dear Subramanian ji,

"...by keeping my hands on her body, unlike the case of Mother Azhagammal."

Although I understand what/why Baghavan did this, it is still a mystery for me, the way he did it (laying the hands).

Some devotees "melted" just being in his company, some had mother Shakti rise and explode, some went in deep samadhi from a gaze. I am not criticising here, just wondering. 
Oh Arunachala, blazing fire of Jnana, in my heart I pray and think of Thee from afar, root out the ego, merging me in the Self.

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 07:59:18 PM »
I have read somewhere that Bhagavan has liberated other animals too. It that true?

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 08:18:44 PM »
Dear nonduel,

In case of Mother Azhagamma, though she had progressed very well with her surrender to Arunachala, at the last hours,
why even for a whole day, she was closing her eyes. She was conscious and was not also in coma.  But she had a huge
battle within between the pending vasanas and her feeble efforts to overcome them. Sri Bhagavan kept His hand on her
chest and head and made the vasanas appear quickly and get dissolved. Even some 'possible new births' had appeared
in her mind and they were 'experienced' and  'finished off' in quick time. Finally her breath went inside and did not come out
and Sri Bhagavan heard a metallic sound, which indicated the mind/prana merging with the Heart. After ensuring this only,
Sri Bhagavan removed His hands.

Cow Laskshmi's case was different as already posted by me.

There are different types of devotees. Indra, daughter of G.V. Subbaramaiah, was just initiated with deham, naham, koham
and soham and was possibly touched on her hand by Sri Bhagavan. With in three months, she fell sick and murmuring the
diksha mantra she merged with Arunahchala.

Wolter Keers was not given an initiation excepting a deep gaze. It smothered his mind and made it to quell in his Heart.

One blind Muslim boy, though he could not see, Sri Bhagavan was looking at him. And this was enough for him. He had just
stayed for a couple of days and left for Lahore, Pakistan.

There could be more instances too.

Arunachala Siva.           

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 08:20:04 PM »
Dear ramana,

Yes. Sri Bhagavan conferred liberation to a wounded deer (VaLLi), Jackie the dog, and also to a crow.

Arunachala Siva. 

nonduel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 08:28:02 PM »
Dear Subramanian ji,

Thank you!

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 11:01:40 PM »
Subramanian,

"Dear ramana,

Yes. Sri Bhagavan conferred liberation to a wounded deer (VaLLi), Jackie the dog, and also to a crow."

Where is this stated?

Namaskar.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 01:38:03 PM »
Dear Ravi,

These are stated in Sri Ramana Vijayam, Tamizh by Swami Suddhananda Bharati. Jackie's merger with Sri Bhagavan, is stated
in Page 283 of 2009 edition. VaLLi (deer)'s story is also mentioned in the same bookin page 286.  About the crow's story, it is
not in that book. May be in Kunju Swami's Enathu Ninaivugal.  These three smadhis are there along with Cow Lakshmi's.

Arunachala Siva.