Author Topic: I don't know what am I destined to  (Read 1033 times)

talluriravi

• View Profile
I don't know what am I destined to
« on: March 25, 2012, 08:32:51 PM »
Dear all,

It's been my fortune to be a part of this forum and read the great thoughts put forth by some wonderful people who really read, understand and follow Sri Bhagawan's teachings in in their daily lives.
I came to know Sri Ramana only in 2008 after I have had a major health issue (Of corse the best thing happened to me because of the health issue is been pulled into Sri Ramana's web). I just want to present my case to you and seek your help on my progress...
I feel that my mind is inclined to know more about Bhagawan's life like how did he live in virupaksha cave or skandasramam and how he must have spent his time interacting with his devotees..how he use to cook, how he must have spent walking on the Slopes of Arunachala..but I am not somehow got connected to his teachings yet..I read books his life or biographies by his devotees but not the books which are on self inquiry or other teachings.. Sometimes I feel that a flood of thoughts come to my mind that Bhagawan is the only god and he is the purest soul earth has ever seen..It becomes so strong so that I just cry unintentionally...As a result of these..I completely stopped reading/listening about other gods... They all look very mean to me before Bhagawan..who never even raised his hand to show you that he is the protector and takes care of you..I feel that je is beyond the word "God" as the word god cannot describe him completely...Just to share with you one example...during my visit to Sri Ramanasramam in 2009 Feb, I went to Arunachaleshwar temple and I visualized myself how Sri Ramana must have spent his early days in this big temple moving to different shrines..I visited the pathalalingam and just tears rolled out my eyes recollecting of his pathetic situation in those days..and with that I didn't even bother to have the darshan of Sri Arunachaleshwara...I came out thinking about Sri Ramana only...I feel that I am completely addicted (sorry I didn't get a better word than this) to Sri Ramana...Whenever I want ask him to protect me..again I myself feel that even my desire is fulfilled I myself have to accept that Sri Ramana also think and act which again my mind doesn't accept..so I almost stopped asking him to fulfill my desires except in some dire situations..that too I say Ohh Ramana's grace please protect me....I love to love him..
When ever I read your exemplary experiences, I am feeling that I am completely unaware of what is Sri ramana..It's because I can't even understand some of your descriptions...
I am just waiting for Sri Ramana's grace to initiate me into self inquiry..I don't know when my time will come...It's because what people are sharing is not just literature..It must be what you have thought about, grinded, experienced..put into action..Salutations to all the great minds...

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: I don't know what am I destined to
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 05:28:29 PM »
சகலமும் விழுங்கும் கதிரொளி இனமன
சலசம் அலர்த்திடு அருணாசலா

Sun whose bright rays envelop the whole world,
O Arunchala, make my heart-lotus blossom

சாப்பா டுன்னைச் சார்ந்த உணவாய்யான்
சாந்தமாய்ப் போவன் அருணாசலா

To feed on you I came, O Arunachala, but I have
become your food and am now at peace

So Ravi, do not even try to grasp what you are destined to, it could be fatal  ;) where does he leave place for us? He is the great Mahagartha, the great black hole, which swallows anything and everything, and leaves not even a trace, where is any place for you?

Just flow with the river, do not worry about heat or cold, praise or insult, something happens or not happens, detached, just detached, keep flowing in the way the river is flowing, do not even try to put effort against the flow of the river.

His is known for shaving all those who is dear to him, as follows:

மொட்டை யடித்தெனை வெட்ட வெளியினி
Nட்டமா டினையென் னருணாசலா

How wonderful it is that you have shaved my head clean,
O Arunachala, and are now dancing a joyous dance in the
heart's vast empty space?

Since you have been trapped with such a fellow (arunachala), where is escape for you! Your ego, mind will cry, dance, lose control, it will behave like an insane, because, it will be fried in the his Kabalita ghana Vishwaroopa Kiranaavalya, Whose spreading rays engulf all things, Shine as the Sun which makes The heart-lotus blossom fair, where there will be not even a trace of your mind, ego!

Welcome to this prison of freedom, which has no boundaries, no walls :D

WARNING, CAUTION: THIS LAZY FELLOW WHO STANDS STILL, LIKE A LAZY STONE, IS VERY DANGEROUS, VERY DANGEROUS. OH! EGO, MIND, BEWARE, IF YOU WANT TO SURVIVE, ALAS, YOU CANT, RIP! ;D

Salutations to Bhagavan
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 05:33:22 PM by Nagaraj »

“You cannot travel the path until
you have become the path itself”
[

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 05:54:48 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

Mottai atithenai - means symbolically removal of not merely hairs but all vasanas. All vasanas are removed by
Arunachala's Grace. Hence this vasana-kshaym means moksha. That is why Sri Bhagavan says:

Sombiyai summa sukam uNdu uRangidil
sol veru en gathi Arunachala.

He is lazy, ever consuming to His heart's content, Sukam, the eternal peace or shanti. He has no other way to go or do
anything.

(Based on Muruganar's Virutti Urai - commentary on Sri AAMM.)

Arunachala Siva.       

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 06:31:27 PM »
Dear Sir,

yes, also, the tonsure represents the abandoning of vasanas during the acceptance of Sanyasam Sweekaranam as well.

Salutations to Bhagavan

“You cannot travel the path until
you have become the path itself”
[

talluriravi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 09:18:33 PM »
Thanks srkudai ji, Nagaraj ji and Subramanian ji for your warm responses...Agreeed..I'll just wait for my destiny to take me where ever I belonged to...so I am just waiting for Bhagawan's grace to shower on me...It's really awesome experience to wait and see how Bhagawan get into your life and takes you through...some times I feel that....

For me yet Ramana is in his human body only..Still hasn't gone to that stage to see him as just a soul...because I still get so much solace by just looking at his picture in human form... I will definetely try to get and read  tripura Rahasyam & Yoga Vasishtam,,but the problem for me right now is I am so much influenced by Bhagawan's life so that I couldn't pick interest in any other lives or teachings unless their life is related to Bhagawan..I tried to read some great works by Paramhamasa Yogananda and some great sages..but stopped all of them reading after few pages..but thank you very much for your suggestions..I will try to get those..

I just want to ask you one question  (may be a very very naive question)..As I can comprehend, the only difference between a living body and corpse is life (praananm)...and of corse it's like a current present in all the bodies....Is this so called soul or is soul different from life...
[/size][/size]
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 09:20:13 PM by talluriravi »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 11:20:54 AM »
Dear telluravi,

The difference between a living body and a dead body, is that the living body contains not only prana (breath) but more importantly
the mind, manas. Sri Bhagavan says Mind and Prana are branches from a same source. When prana subsides mind subsides, as
at the time of pranyama, breath control exercises. However, the mind is not vanquished once and for all. When prana is restored,
that is when pranayama is over, the mind again jumps out with vasanas!  The only occasion (as per God's niyathi) where there is
only prana and not mind, is deep sleep.  This mind (which is the bundle of desires and vasanas) carries the prana along with it
at the time of death to find a new house ( a new birth).  The individual soul as we normally call, the Jiva,  is nothing but this mind.
It is called Sukshma Sarira, the subtle body.

Arunachala Siva,