Author Topic: deleted.  (Read 2477 times)

srkudai

deleted.
« on: January 05, 2012, 01:55:26 PM »
deleted.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 11:02:55 AM by srkudai »

nonduel

• View Profile
Re: Just Be
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 10:36:05 PM »
Dear Srkudai,

That's the whole teaching!

Get drunk in beingness, the self immerse with the Self. Just BE! Yes!
Oh Arunachala, blazing fire of Jnana, in my heart I pray and think of Thee from afar, root out the ego, merging me in the Self.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 05:28:44 AM »
Dear srkudai, nonduel,

Yes. "Just Be" is the only teaching of Sri Bhagavan. But it is more of our nature to 'become' something than 'being'. Tinnai Swami
was told "Iru', Be. He took this word of Sri Bhagavan as the great upadesa and remained in Tiruvannamalai for a number of
years, till he attained merger with Arunachala.

But many others though, they knew that to be Just Be is the teaching, cannot help doing something. Not only with us, but also
with Sri Bhagavan's greatest devotees, this is what happened. But one should remember, that they were 'doing' something
spiritual in tune with Sri Bhagavan 's teaching. Muruganar composed 30000 verses. Lakshmana Sarma, wrote and rewrote and rewrote
his version of Sad Darsanam,. Many devotees wrote their experiences and reminiscences. I hope that Sri Bhagavan would approve
this, since nishkamya karma is okay when nishkarma is not possible.

Arunachala Siva.   

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 09:05:03 PM »
simply sitting without dropping doership one would not "Just Be"
and once doership is dropped ... whether one is involved in 100s of works ... one is Summa Iru.

so this Silence or Stillness ... is not Stillness of not doing. its does not mean non-speaking. That Silence is... Silence inspite of all speach and inspite of all actions. its inner Being which is Ever Still.

Absolutely! Very well put, dear srkudai. I think that when Bhagavan speaks about Silence He doesn't mean physical silence rather being immersed in the Self. Then everything is the Self and everything is silence, non-doing (akarma) and stillness. Is that right?

nonduel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 10:36:50 PM »
The biggest obstacle is the belief I am the body, the doer. This create an illusion that I have to put unceasing effort to attain liberation, merits, purification etc... This is maya, the ego, the mind.

Sri Anamalai would say: "You are not the mind!"

Does the Self need to study, to read, to accumulate knowledge, to liberate Itself?

Bhagavan said to a disciple: "Don't you know the way into your own house? Are there TWO Self?" He said to practice "Self"-Attention

Everything is happening by itself and there is absolutely nothing "we" can "do" to change any of it.

Thus, Be Still, BE! Surrender.
Oh Arunachala, blazing fire of Jnana, in my heart I pray and think of Thee from afar, root out the ego, merging me in the Self.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 12:24:09 PM »
Dear nonduel, srkduai,

Sri Bhagavan says in Talks No. 63:  When their essence (scriptures) is realized, (they become useless). The Scriptures are useful
to indicate the existence of the Higher Power (the Self) and the way to gain it. Their essence is that much only. When that is
assimilated, the rest is useless. But they are voluminous, adapted to the development of the seeker. As one rising up in the scale
finds the regions one has passed to be only steps to the higher stage, and so on. The steps ascended become purvapaksha successively until the gola is gained. When the Goal is reached, it remains alone, and all the rest becomes useless. The essential soak in the mind
and the rest is forgotten. So it is with the Sastras.....

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 02:25:21 PM »
Dear srkudai,

Yes.  There are many scriptures made by rishis and jnanis according to the development of the seeker. One can read them
till he knows that there is nothing more to read, because I have understood the essence.

Arunachala Siva.

nonduel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 05:07:13 PM »
Dear nonduel,
       :)
Does the Self need to study, to read, to accumulate knowledge, to liberate Itself?
Dont know about the Self, but you and me ,we needed. We studied Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi's Gospel!
Even when you say "Annamalai Swami says....", you are quoting from the books!

Dear Srkudai,

The question remains...does the Self need to read or do anything?

Reading only nourishes the mind. This doesn't mean that it is useless. It calms the resless mind and helps it in accepting the teaching. One can read extensively all the Scriptures and it will fill the mind with a great volume of knowledge and make one a great learned individual. Does knowledge make one Realised?

"There are many scriptures made by rishis and jnanis according to the development of the seeker. One can read them
till he knows that there is nothing more to read, because I have understood the essence."

That's my point Srkudai ji!  Once understood only Self-enquiry is "needed".

nonduel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 06:04:50 PM »
"Day by day" with Bhagavan

Page 1

"As for reading books on Vedanta, you may go on reading any number of them. They can only tell you, "Realise the Self within you". The Self cannot be found in books. You have to find it out yourself, in yourself"

Page 265
"No learning or knowledge of scriptures is necessary to know the Self, as no man requires a mirror to see himself. All knowledge is required only to be given up eventually as not-Self"

Sreeswaroop

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 01:11:41 PM »

Dear srkudai,

Was it an advice to all?

nonduel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 05:48:35 PM »
Dear nonduel,
        :) Did not Bhagavan ask someone to study Ribhu Gita ?
Why do you think he did that?

Dear Srkudai ji,

You know the answer to that!

Sreeswaroop

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 08:45:53 AM »
Dear Sreeswaroop,
      :) How can we ever determine if an advice is for all or for a few ? :)

Dear srkudai,

Yes, ji. I understand that it generally depends on the level of evolvement of the devotee. But HE has given some advice in general too.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 11:02:35 AM »
Dear all,

Sri Bhagavan said when asked why should Vasishta say Yoga Vasishta, did not Rama know all that?

It is said for you.

He also said the same thing about Srimad Bhagavad Gita. It is for us. Not for Arjuna or Arjuna alone.

Arunachala Siva. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 05:46:09 PM »
Dear srkudai,

Again I am repeating the same thing. Sri Bhagavan did not say everyone to read Ribhu Gita. He told one person or more persons
to read Ribhu Gita, because with their level of understanding, study of Ribhu Gita would have been of great help.  He asked
Annamalai Swami to read the book, Ellam Onre, All is one.  Like that He said different books for different seekers to read,
depending on their level of spiritual maturity.   He never told any one to read all books and listed out them. He condensed
Srimad Bhagavad Gita to 43 verses because devotees who wanted to pursue jnana marga,  need to read only that much.

Arunachala Siva. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 05:14:00 AM »
Dear srkudai,

Sri Bhagavan condensed Srimad Bhagavad Gita into 43 verses, thereby mainly covering Jnana Marga and touching briefly
other paths, so that the condensed version is mainly aimed towards devotees who are eager to know what Sri Krishna had
said about Jnana Yoga. The condensation, as you rightly said,  is also for the benefit of devotees who cannot read the
entire Srimad Bhagavad Gita.

Arunachala Siva.