Author Topic: David Godman's video  (Read 2150 times)

nonduel

• View Profile
David Godman's video
« on: September 12, 2011, 07:23:40 PM »
For the devotees here who haven't seen this interview of David Godman on vichara. It is a two part video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-6ESfGTUOQ
Oh Arunachala, blazing fire of Jnana, in my heart I pray and think of Thee from afar, root out the ego, merging me in the Self.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: David Godman's video
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 07:36:02 PM »

Dear Nonduel,

Thank you for the information.

Arunachala Siva.

nonduel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 07:53:41 PM »
Dear Subramanian Ji,

Please comment the story that David tells in the videos. On surrendering, on the mind and the absolute trust in the Guru

I would appreciate discussing this with you.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 07:56:12 PM by nonduel »
Oh Arunachala, blazing fire of Jnana, in my heart I pray and think of Thee from afar, root out the ego, merging me in the Self.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 08:11:16 PM »

Dear nonduel,

I shall try to watch the video and write to you soon.

Arunachala Siva.

amiatall

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 08:57:51 PM »
Second part says it all.
Make it simple.
Have faith.
Follow simple instructions.
Be happy :)

nonduel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 10:17:32 PM »
Second part says it all.
Make it simple.
Have faith.

That's a simple story, but how great a lesson for all sadhakas. The devotee surely had thoughts surging about this "meal", but he didn't act on them and kept turning the spoon as Baghavan told him. Even when it was burned and dried, he kept turning the spoon. I can imagine the smile that Ramana had when he came back.

Even when you have doubts, when other people are laughing, just keep on "turning the spoon" of self-attention. Even when the meal is burned, keep at it unswervingly.

The instruction is so simple, just keep on "turning the spoon" (self-attention) until I come back (Realisation).

This devotee had faith, kept at it even surounded by doubters and probably his own thoughts.

amiatall

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 02:43:27 PM »
Second part says it all.
Make it simple.
Have faith.

That's a simple story, but how great a lesson for all sadhakas. The devotee surely had thoughts surging about this "meal", but he didn't act on them and kept turning the spoon as Baghavan told him. Even when it was burned and dried, he kept turning the spoon. I can imagine the smile that Ramana had when he came back.

Even when you have doubts, when other people are laughing, just keep on "turning the spoon" of self-attention. Even when the meal is burned, keep at it unswervingly.

The instruction is so simple, just keep on "turning the spoon" (self-attention) until I come back (Realisation).

This devotee had faith, kept at it even surounded by doubters and probably his own thoughts.

Yes. This is faith. The actual doubters who surrounds you are of no concern, it is the thoughts that make you react to doubters and those who laugh. So basically one works on himself only. Indeed very good story. Practically a whole book with one page in it.

nonduel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 04:21:11 PM »
"Practically a whole book with one page in it."

Yes! An example to follow when doubts rise. In that story, everybody said and thought that these were gabbage. But the devotee nevertheless followed Ramana's instructions...this is surrendering.

Enquiry should be done with the same earnestness, never looking back, never doubting, with complete faith in Baghavan's instructions...even if the "meal burns" (difficulties arrises).

OmNamahShivaya

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 07:43:52 PM »
Namaste,

This was a great way to start my morning.

Om Namah Sivaya