Author Topic: Bhagavan & Rangan 6  (Read 838 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Bhagavan & Rangan 6
« on: August 09, 2010, 10:45:05 AM »
I got very well with Bhagavans' mother because we had known each other when she lived in Madurai. On one occasion she told me, "One day when I was looking steadily at Bhagavan, his body gradually disappeared and in its place I saw the lingam. The lingam was very bright. I could not believe my eyes. I rubbed my eyes but I still saw the same, bright lingam. I was frightened because I thought my son was leaving us forever. Fortunately, the lingam gradually transformed itself into Bhagavan's body." After hearing her account I looked at Bhagavan for confirmation or comment, but he just smiled and said nothing.

Salutations to Sri Ramana

“You cannot travel the path until
you have become the path itself”
[

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Bhagavan & Rangan 6
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 02:35:56 PM »

Rangan has said once:

Although Bhagavan could walk about without noticing that thorns
were sticking to His feet, His skin was still quite sensitive.  I noticed this when some devotees, who were on a pilgrimage to Pandaripuram, came to the Asramam and ate a meal there.  Just
before they left, they went upto Bhagavan and embraced Him. I
took advantage of their activities to embrace Him as well.  But as
I did so, I noticed that the skin on Bhagavan's body had gone red!

'What is this?' I asked Him.  'How did your skin get like this?'

Bhagavan replied: "They embraced me just as they would embrace the idol in Pandaripuram.  There, the God is a stone, but here the body has skin.  The nature of the skin is to become red like this."

I came to the conclusion that Bhagavan's body was so pure and delicate, any kind of violent handling would leave a mark.

Bhagavan was not unaware of body pains.  He was just detached
from them.  In fact I think it is likely that He experienced more pain than we did, for not only did He have many physical ailments, He also experienced pain when some people came near Him.  He once told me that when some people came to bow to Him, He felt as though He was physically beaten.  I thought that such people must have been very great sinners to affect Bhagavan like this.

[From David Godman's book the Power of the Presence, Part I]

Arunachala Siva.