Author Topic: Bhagavan & M.V. Ramanachalam  (Read 896 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Bhagavan & M.V. Ramanachalam
« on: August 09, 2010, 11:35:58 AM »
M.V. Ramanachalam was a boyhood friend of Sri Bhagavan and son of M.S. Venkataramana Iyer.

Once, as a boy, while leaving the Ashramam, a deep sorrow suddenly overtook me and I began to cry. I refused to go with my mother, telling her that I wanted to stay with Bhagavan. Bhagavan who was going that way, stopped and told me gently, "Go with your mother now and come back when you are 21."

My father died when I was just 17. After a few months my mother took us for Bhagavan's darshan. When she prostrated she began to shed tears. As it was the custom in those days, my mother was not wearing any jewellary. She had her head shaved and covered it with her sari. She was wondering whether Bhagavan would recognise her and asked, "Bhagavan do you recognise me?" He smiled and said, "Why not? only the makeup has changed (veshyamdhaan maari irukku)."

When 21, as I got posted at a place near Tiruvannamalai, I could not go to the Ashramam on Sundays and holidays to sit at his feet. Once I took his permission to go to the summit of the hill. There I scrapped some Kartikai Deepam residue of soot from a rock and put it on a leaf. I wanted to present it to Bhagavan. When I came down, the sarvadhikari called and shouted, "Where were you? Bhagavan is waiting for you. Go and join him for lunch." After lunch, I approached him when attendant Krishnaswami was not there, for he would never allow anyone to approach Bhagavan easily. I took out the Deepam ghee which I had collected  from the summit and offered it to him. He pulled my hand closer and took the offered prasadam, and with great reverence applied it to his forehead saying, "Are you satisfied now?"

Salutations to Sri Ramana

“You cannot travel the path until
you have become the path itself”
[

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Bhagavan & M.V. Ramanachalam
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 02:03:37 PM »

I do not know much about Sri M.V. Ramanachalam.  But I have read
some articles written by him in recent Mountain Path issues [2006-2010].

I therefore, thank you for the information furnished in your post.

Arunachala Siva.