Author Topic: Bhagavan and Rangan  (Read 873 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Bhagavan and Rangan
« on: August 05, 2010, 12:30:59 AM »
Once I had gone to Kumbakonam in connection with my work. It was mahamaham time then. As the day of the festival was approaching, the place was getting more and more crowded. When it was two days more for mahamaham, somehow there arose in me an urge to go to Bhagavan. I accordingly went to him. Bhagavan asked me wherefrom I was coming and I said, "From Kumbakonam." Thereupon Bhagavan asked me, "What is this! Everyone from here is going to Kumbakonam and you have come away from there!" I replied, "I have come to one who is greater than the God of Kumbakonam."

“You cannot travel the path until
you have become the path itself”
[

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Bhagavan and Rangan
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 10:40:15 AM »

Yes.

Bhagavan Ramana has said in ULLadu Narpadu [Supplement]
Verses 3 and 4:

When one has learned to love the company of Sages, wherefore
all these rules of discipline?  When a pleasant, cool, southern
breeze is blowing, what need is there for a hand fan?

Fever is overcome by the cool light of the moon; wants, by the good wish-fulfilling tree [Karpaga tree], and sin, by the Holy Ganga. Those three - fever, wants and sin, all flee at the august
sight of the peerless Sage. 

[Tr. Prof. K. Swaminathan]

Arunachala Siva.   

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: Bhagavan and Rangan
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 03:45:04 PM »
and then as usual, Rangan stayed there for few days... and then, Rangan continues -

I stayed for a few days with Bhagavan and then left. When leaving, I couldn't bear the separation and tears flowed from my eyes. Bhagavan said to me, "You imagine you came from Kumbakonam and are going to Madurai. You are always where you are. You feel a great elation in seeing me and being with me now. But when you reach my state, you will think there is nothing at all extraordinary about me."

Salutations to Sri Ramana
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 04:52:54 PM by Nagaraj »

“You cannot travel the path until
you have become the path itself”
[