Author Topic: Not in the puranaas but this is what happened!  (Read 1523 times)

SLakshmi

• View Profile
Not in the puranaas but this is what happened!
« on: August 01, 2010, 09:21:23 PM »

Once, Muruganaar when in the presence of Bhagavan Ramana, put forth a bunch of questions to Bhagavan.  ‘How come I have so many doubts’, asked Muruganaar. Bhagavan replied that it was common to have doubts even if one is in the abode of the Sadguru and that is because of the fact that one has not reached the point of complete surrender.

In this context, Bhagavan Ramana narrates the story of Sanatkumaras.  This is slightly different from the one we find in Srimad Bhagavatam, but nevertheless, conveys the idea very well.

‘Once Sanatkumaras had numerous doubts which they wanted to get clarified. Firstly they reached Vaikunta, the abode of Vishnu. Seeing Vishnu along with His divine consort Lakshmi, they felt that being a householder, Vishnu would not be the right person to answer their questions.  So they moved on and decided to meet Lord Shiva to pose their questions.

Knowing beforehand that the Kumaras would turn Him down if he was with Goddess Parvati, Shiva took the form of a young man and penance under a banyan tree.  The Kumaras approached Dakshinamurthy and decided to stay there until their doubts were cleared.  They sat in front of Lord Dakshinamurthy and started firing their questions.  Patient as he was, Lord Dakshinamurthy answered their questions one by one, and this went on for about a year.  Although time passed by, there was no sign  of cessation of doubts and questions.  Sanatkumaras kept volleying their doubts.  A year passed and Lord Shiva decided, ‘There is not going to be an end for this. Let me go into meditation.’.  Thinking so, He went into deep meditation and enquiry.  This very dynamic silence created peace and bliss in the Sanatkumaras.!

When Bhagavan  Ramana completed the anecdote, Muruganaar looked extremely addled. He said, ‘But Bhagavan, I have never heard of a story that Lord Dakshinamurthy spoke volumes to Sanatkumaras! I have heard of Lord Dakshinamurty as a guru in silence always! This story sounds so new to me!’

Bhagavan Ramana smiled at Muruganaar and exclaimed, ‘True! It is not found in the Puranas, But that is what happened!’

[I was looking for more information on sh.muruganaar's works on the internet when i found this story from http://namadwaar.wordpress.com/tag/poornimaji/]

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Not in the puranaas but this is what happened!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 09:47:58 AM »

Dear SLakshmi,

Yes. It is true.  Bhagavan Ramana has said this.

There is also a further modification.  When the Kumaras went to
Brahma, they found him sitting with Saraswati and enjoying Veena
music and also her beauty in white silk sari.  They thought how can this householder teach us and went away.  Almost the same thing
had happened with Vishnu and Lakshmi.  To avoid such a situation,
Siva asked Parvati to go away for a while.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 03:11:23 PM »

Dear srkudai,

Yes.  Where can Uma go?  She is Unnamulai concorporate with
Annamalai.  She must have in fact, gone into His form.  This
is Arunachala Principle also!

Baagam pen uru aanai potri!  [Tiruvachakam]

You are in part a woman, Salutations to You!

Arunachala Siva.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 03:42:53 PM »
Yesterday, night i was just remembering Sri Bhagavan along with Sri Sheshadri Swamigal.... for some strange reason, it just occured or flashed to me that Sheshadri Swamigal was Uma Devi, Unnamalai or Apitakuchalaambaal. She had come here, before her Parameshwara came. Sri Sheshadri Swamigal was a highest order Sri Vidya Upasaka, Sri Vidya Upasakas are known to be the Shakti. Our beloved Sri Ramana is Shiva and Sri Sheshadri swamigal is Shakti.

Salutations to Sri Ramana
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 03:44:35 PM by Nagaraj »

“You cannot travel the path until
you have become the path itself”
[