Author Topic: Sri Bhagavan's classmates  (Read 1454 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Sri Bhagavan's classmates
« on: July 31, 2010, 04:11:05 PM »
I request any of the devotees to throw some light on devotees like Sri Rangan, Bhagavan's classmate, what was their reaction, after Bhagavans realisation? Bhagavan had so many friends. I have heard in Nochur's pravachanam that when Rangan came to Bhagavan later and asked Him, "O Bhagavan, atleast to me, you could have told, that you have attained Brahman?" Bhagavan replied to him saying that "I did not know what I had landed onto, I thought, I had caught some very pleasing disease"

Salutations to Sri Ramana

“You cannot travel the path until
you have become the path itself”
[

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Sri Bhagavan's classmates
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 05:12:12 PM »

Dear Nagaraj,

I think I have written some posts about Rangan, Sab Jan, and
Bhagavan's teacher who came to see Him many years later.  Bhagavan Ramana has behaved with Rangan without any reservation as if He were old Venkataraman. Both of them went to some tank in the Hill and swam for sometime.  Bhagavan as usual, jumped from a height and while falling into the water, kicked Rangan, as He was doing in the past!  Rangan was quite pleased with Him and slowly he asked Bhagavan in a low guilty tone:  "Bhagavan! You are doing everything as you were doing before. You say you have attained Brahman.  Then.... can such people marry also?"
Bhagavan Ramana smiled and said:  "Hmmm....[meaning, why not?."

Many years later Rangan's son submitted a poem to Bhagavan,
titled:  "Sri Ramana Jnana Vivaham."

I met during one of my visits one Mrs. Banu Ramachandran, Rangan's daughter's grand daughter, in the Asramam. 

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 06:10:18 PM »

Dear Nagaraj,

Once there was a housewife in the neighborhood who used to come
to Mother Azhagammal and talk during free time.  She had a daughter by name Lakshmi.  Once Azhagammal or someone asked that lady why she could not give her daughter in marriage to Venkataraman? That lady, [who has seen Venkataraman often standing in the kitchen, helping his mother Azhagammal with odd  jobs] said: "Who will give the daughter to a fellow who is often seen in the kitchen like a girl?"

Years passed.  Venkataraman came to Madurai and then to Tiruvannamalai.  This girl Lakshmi got married and after some
years became a widow, and came to see Bhagavan, in a typical
widow's white sari.  She thought that Bhagavan would not remember her.  Bhagavan Ramana on seeing her, said: "O it is
Lakshmi!"  After a few seconds He further said:  "Thank God,
I did not marry her.  If I had married, what would have happened
to me?"  Everyone in the Hall laughed!

Bhagavan Ramana is known for his subtle humor.

Arunachala Siva.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 09:06:23 PM »
I think I have written some posts about Rangan, Sab Jan, and
Bhagavan's teacher who came to see Him many years later.  Bhagavan Ramana has behaved with Rangan without any reservation as if He were old Venkataraman. Both of them went to some tank in the Hill and swam for sometime.  Bhagavan as usual, jumped from a height and while falling into the water, kicked Rangan, as He was doing in the past!  Rangan was quite pleased with Him and slowly he asked Bhagavan in a low guilty tone:  "Bhagavan! You are doing everything as you were doing before. You say you have attained Brahman.  Then.... can such people marry also?"
Bhagavan Ramana smiled and said:  "Hmmm....[meaning, why not?."

Many years later Rangan's son submitted a poem to Bhagavan,
titled:  "Sri Ramana Jnana Vivaham."

I met during one of my visits one Mrs. Banu Ramachandran, Rangan's daughter's grand daughter, in the Asramam.   

Its really very nice reading this, especially, being a friend to one who goes to become the greatest of Jnanis, how would it feel to persons like Sri Rangan? and how his heart would have felt talking to Bhagavan later? and how nice of Bhagavan to play with Rangan the same way?

So much warmth, compassion, divine...

Can any person show compassion, love more than Sri Bhagavan? phew, am not even able to get a grasp of his limitless compassion. So divine.

Salutations to Sri Ramana

“You cannot travel the path until
you have become the path itself”
[

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 08:49:23 AM »

Dear Nagaraj,

Rangan had some serious financial problems.  He did not have any
good salary for his job.  He also had more than 2 or 3 daughters to
be married off, with dowry and other expenses.  With these worries,
he came to see Bhagavan Ramana once.  He did not tell all these
to Bhagavan and at night, he was lying at the entrance of
Virupaksha Cave, without a wink of sleep.  Bhagavan Ramana
understood his predicament.  He also came out of the Cave and asked:  "Why do you worry?  Leave everything to Arunachaleswara.
Will not a salary of Rs 10,000/- per month, suffice?"  Rangan became speechless.  How did Bhagavan know his thoughts?  He
said. "Yes", and came back to his town.  Soon, he got a job of
commission agent for a lorry company and earned Rs 10000/-
as commission!  His daughters were happily married off.

"KaruNaiyal ennai anda nee enakku un
katchi thanthu aruLilai enral..."  (Padigam, Verse 1)

You it was, who by Your Grace claimed me as Your own...."

Arunachala Siva.         

prasanth_ramana_maharshi

• ఓం నమో భగవతే శ్రీ రమణాయ
    • View Profile
    • HARE RAMA HARE KRISHNA
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 10:44:20 AM »
well said Subramanian garu.

Complete surrender to god/guru ramana can do wonders.
ఓం  నమో  భగవతే  శ్రీ  రమణాయ   
ప్రశాంత్  జలసూత్రం
ప్రేమే శాశ్వతము