Author Topic: Ramana Maharshi Says Unless The Realization Is Eternal It Cannot Be Much Helpful  (Read 1134 times)

prasanth_ramana_maharshi

• ఓం నమో భగవతే శ్రీ రమణాయ
    • View Profile
    • HARE RAMA HARE KRISHNA
Q: Many visitors here tell me that they get visions or thought-currents from you. I have been here for the last month and a half and still I have not the slightest experience of any kind. Is it because I am unworthy of your grace?

A: Visions and thought-currents are had according to the state of mind. It depends on the individuals and not upon the universal presence. Moreover, they are immaterial. What matters is peace of mind.What is realization? Is it to see God with four hands, bearing a conch, a wheel and a club? Even if God should appear in that form, how is the disciple's ignorance wiped out ? The truth must eternal realization. The direct perception is ever-present experience.

God himself is known when he is directly perceived. It does not mean that he appears before the devotee in some particular form. Unless the realization is eternal it cannot serve any useful purpose. Can the appearance of God with four hands be eternal realization? It is phenomenal and illusory.

There must be a seer. The seer alone is real and eternal.
Let God appear as the light of a million suns. Is it pratyaksha [direct experience]? To see a vision of God the eyes and the mind are necessary. It is indirect knowledge, whereas the seer is direct experience. The seer alone is pratyaksha.

Source: Be as you are The teachings of Sri Ramana Maharishi By David Godman

ఓం  నమో  భగవతే  శ్రీ  రమణాయ   
ప్రశాంత్  జలసూత్రం
ప్రేమే శాశ్వతము

Subramanian.R

• View Profile

Dear prasanth,

Some devotee asked Bhagavan:  "Bhagavan!  What will you do if
Arunachaleswara comes before you?  What will you ask Him or say?"

Bhagavan smiled and said:  "I would say, O Arunachala!  Do not keep
this business of coming and going before me.  Please stay put in
my Heart."

Arunachala Siva.

prasanth_ramana_maharshi

• ఓం నమో భగవతే శ్రీ రమణాయ
    • View Profile
    • HARE RAMA HARE KRISHNA
Thanks a lot for this information Subramanian garu.
ఓం  నమో  భగవతే  శ్రీ  రమణాయ   
ప్రశాంత్  జలసూత్రం
ప్రేమే శాశ్వతము

Subramanian.R

• View Profile

Dear prasanth,

Apart from the story that I mentioned, a Sthita Prajna is one who
is permanently abiding in the Self.  For him, the self-ward view and
world-ward view have no distinction. 

Muruganar says in Guru Vachaka Kovai, Verse 1111:-

Only the one [who exists as] the space of consciousness, ever remaining with the same perspective that shines without the distinction of Self-ward view and world-ward view, the two perspectives that occur within time, is a Sthita Prajna, who is
unassailably established in Jnana.

Muruganar further comments here:  Here, the distinction between
the mukta [the liberated one], who is a Sthita Prajna, and the sadhaka who desires laya samadhi [temporary absorption in the Self] has been explained in a subtle way.  He who experiences bliss in the Self-ward view, in mano laya [a temporary suspension of mind], and misery when the mind operates externally is only a sadhaka.  But the mukta who abides as the space of consciousness, rejoices in only
experiencing the One Reality, the Pure Consciousness, everywhere and in everything, without distinction [between the two views].  He has neither bondage nor the knowledge that he is a mukta.

Arunachala Siva.