Author Topic: July 25 Guru Purnima and Ganapathi Muni Day  (Read 1903 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
July 25 Guru Purnima and Ganapathi Muni Day
« on: July 28, 2010, 12:11:27 PM »
Guru Poornima and Ganapathi Muni day on July 25th, just passed by...

Salutations to Sri Ramana

“You cannot travel the path until
you have become the path itself”
[

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: July 25 Guru Purnima and Ganapathi Muni Day
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 12:24:13 PM »

Dear Nagaraj,

I did not remember that Ganapati Muni's day was also Guru Poornima
Day.  The Asramam calendar did not mention that.  Anyway, we should ever be grateful for Ganapati Muni for his:

1. Giving Brahmana Swami, the name of Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi, with which, the whole world calls Him today.

2. For his wonderful Sri Ramana Gita.

3. For his Sanskrit rendering of ULLadu Narapdu as Sat Darsanam,

4. For his Epistles to Bhagavan from Aanandasramam, Sirsi, Karnataka, where he pours his love and devotion to Bhagavan
Ramana.

5. For his Sri Ramana Chatvarimsat, which he did not complete
to 100 verses and the forty verses were rearranged by Bhagavan
Ramana.

Recently, the Asramam has published the book Maha Tapasvi which
gives the biography of Sri Ganapati Muni.  The Complete Works of
Ganapati Muni, published by some others, in 10 volumes,  are also being sold at the Asramam.

Arunachala Siva.

prasanth_ramana_maharshi

• ఓం నమో భగవతే శ్రీ రమణాయ
    • View Profile
    • HARE RAMA HARE KRISHNA
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 12:34:37 PM »
well said Subramanian garu.

Bhagavan ramana is very lucky to have some great disciples like sri murugunar,kavyakanta,suri nagamma,devaraja mudaliar,mungala venkataramayaih etc..

Similarly all disciples of bhagavan ramana are so lucky and should ever be grateful to get a guru like bhagavan ramana who has pulled us to eradicate our ignorance.

Really sir how lucky are all we.

Any pravachanam of Sri Sundara Chaitanya Swami garu will not be completed without mentioning bhagavan ramana maharshi's name.

I used to feel very proud when ever some other guru/swami praises our bhagavan.

All glories to Guru Ramana Maharshi!!!!!!!!!!

ఓం  నమో  భగవతే  శ్రీ  రమణాయ   
ప్రశాంత్  జలసూత్రం
ప్రేమే శాశ్వతము

SLakshmi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 04:20:44 PM »
You know prasanthji, what amazes me the most is the glory of bhagavan ramana that even till today, people throng in thousands to ramanasramam to get peace and learn the way for liberation. What sort of publicity did bhagavan have? nothing. just sheer inner voice of seekers pulling them to this place. We, who were born after 40-50 years of bhagavan's maha-samadhi get emotional at the mention of bhagavan. where does that come from? Its all bhagavan's greatness. It is his will. and we should be utmost utmost thankful, coz so many of my own friends or people around me get no feeling when they see ramana photo or hear his name. But for us! he is everything!! isnt that his gace, that we have been chosen by him!!

All i pray is that slowly and gradually, all my energies should be charged towards pursuing the one and only goal. Each time i pray, it should be directed towards realisation of the self and not for some worldly pleasure. Pray more for vairagyam and bhakti.

I have blurted out all this on seeing your post prasanthji. You had written so beautifully..

ramanarpamastu

prasanth_ramana_maharshi

• ఓం నమో భగవతే శ్రీ రమణాయ
    • View Profile
    • HARE RAMA HARE KRISHNA
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 11:09:13 PM »
well said Lakshmi garu.

It is only bhagavan's power and grace that has attracted towards him.

Who knows we all might be incarnation of bhagavan's disciples?

Like Lakshmi garu might be an incarnation of Suri Nagamma, subramanian garu might be incarnation of devaraja mudaliar,udai garu might be incarnation of mungala,nagraj garu might be incarnation of murugunar, silentgreen might be incarnation of major chadwick,Dr raju might be incarnation of kavyakanta,ramandulai garu might be incarnation of kanakammal.... etc

All glories to guru ramana.
ఓం  నమో  భగవతే  శ్రీ  రమణాయ   
ప్రశాంత్  జలసూత్రం
ప్రేమే శాశ్వతము

DRPVSSNRAJU

• View Profile
    • BE AS YOU ARE
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 11:16:05 PM »
I do not know about incarnations but i strongly feel that all of us very,very close to Bhagawan for many lives.
I want to breath my last near him.That is my only desire left.
pvssnraju

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 09:49:02 AM »

Dear everyone,

Yes.  All should have been connected to Bhagavan Ramana, in
some manner during His life in body.  Once when I was talking
to some visitor in the Asramam, he said that his wife cried when
she went into Virupaksha Cave.  Then my wife said:  My husband
cries as soon as he enters the Asramam, everytime.  I do not know.
One cannot artificially cry. Someone said: "Why some visitors
are coming often to T'malai, in regularity. This is perhaps they
might have been at least lices on the monkeys, which Bhagavan
Ramana had touched, in their previous births!

Arunachala Siva.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 12:04:13 PM »
I feel like, I have been bestowed a human birth from a Dog's life in my previous birth by His limitless Grace. The tendencies of barking in context of intellectual exchanges of thoughts of mine have still to go to their sources and abide in peace. i feel, i have been just barking all along... it all means nothing... all my posts and talking to all anywhere...

I am simply grateful that Bhagavan has still kept me in his folds, even in spite of all the dirt in me.

I truly understood the real essence of this saying that the Lord does not see the difference between rich and poor people who come to Her.

Rich or Poor does not mean money or luxury.

Rich Man is one who has purer heart with less love (Kama), anger (Krodha), avarice (Lobha), lust (Moha), pride (Madha), unhealthy competition (Matsarya), jealousy (Asooya),, and a Poor man is one who is less Purer with more of love (Kama), anger (Krodha), avarice (Lobha), lust (Moha), pride (Madha), unhealthy competition (Matsarya), jealousy (Asooya),

The Lord does not see any difference between the Rich and Poor.

I so humbled that when I realised that I clearly fall into the second catagory. I am a very Poor man, with all of the love (Kama), anger (Krodha), avarice (Lobha), lust (Moha), pride (Madha), unhealthy competition (Matsarya), jealousy (Asooya),

Ocean of Compassion, Bhagavans' Grace sees no caste barriers of Rich and Poor

The Pig that comes to Him after dirting itiself from a pond of excreta and a person who comes to Him after bathing in the Ganges are one and the same to HIM.

Gratitude...

Salutations and Salutations to you Bhagavan of this wretched Dog
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 12:19:27 PM by Nagaraj »

“You cannot travel the path until
you have become the path itself”
[

SLakshmi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 02:14:29 PM »
Subramanian sir,

Infact everytime i go to ramanasramam and see some stray dog or a cow near the ashram i feel wish i was born atleast as them so as to be near arunachala! what a life to be living in a metro, with competition in every way, jealousy, living day in and out with people who scoff at being spiritual and following a guru and think you are nuts!!

Sri Bhagavan's asramam is the modern day asramam of a valmiki maharishi or the like. Infact if you see, even during bhagavan's lifetime, people would behave in the most natural way, in the most natural surroundings with everyone meeting at bhagavan's feet. No rules or regulations super-imposed and people have all the freedom in the world, yet there is an unsaid code of conduct people adhere to...and willingly with a prayer on their lips!!

Prasanthji, I am nowhere in comparison to that great lady...but like rajuji said, we all have been somewhere bhaktas of bhagavan in the past or else it very very difficult to feel emotional or have bhakti towards bhagavan..

Nagarajji, all of us are in the same boat, the inherent tendencies or vasanas have to go..which will. Be like the first class passenger in a train, and unload all your worries to him. He will wake u up when the destination arrives.It is bhagavan's own message..