Author Topic: ULLadu Narpadu - 151  (Read 698 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
ULLadu Narpadu - 151
« on: June 04, 2010, 10:14:26 AM »

Michael James has got the following comments about the Verse
24 of ULLadu Narpadu:-

Because our mind or soul is a form of consciousness, that has limited
itself within the confines of a particular body, and because it sees
many other bodies, each of which seems to have a consciousness of
its own, in the outlook of our mind, there appears to be many other
minds or souls.  However, because of the fundamental consciousness "I am", which is expressed by each one of us as the essential core of our own being, always exists as it is, without limiting itself in any way by identifying itself with an adjunct, there is in reality, only one Consciousness, "I am", even though due to our distorted individualized consciousness we think that the "I am" in each person
is different to that in every other person. 

The mind or separate individual "I" that we see in each person is just a different reflection of the one original "I" that exists in the
innermost depth of each one of us, just as the bright light that
we see in each fragment of a broken mirror lying on the ground, is just a different reflection of the one sun shining brightly in the sky.
Therefore, though it is formed only by imagining itself to be a
particular body, the mind of each one of us nevertheless contains within itself the light of our original non dual consciousness "I am".

Just as each reflected sun lying on the ground could not be formed
without borrowing the light of the sun and the limited form of a fragment of mirror, so without borrowing the light of consciousness
from its original source, "I am", and without at the same time borrowing all the limitations of a physical body, our mind - our root
thought "I" - could not be formed or rise into existence. 

Thus our mind is a mixture composed of two contrary and discordant elements, the essential element of consciousness and the superimposed element of physical limitations.  This is what
Bhagavan Ramana says in Verses 24 and 25 of ULLadu Narpadu.

Arunachala Siva.