Author Topic: Renunciation  (Read 1345 times)

silentgreen

• View Profile
Renunciation
« on: May 14, 2010, 03:51:22 PM »
Renunciation

A person in great urge for evacuation ran towards the bathrooms only to find them engaged by other people. He had to wait and wait with great discomfort till one of the bathrooms was free. After evacuation and bath he came out with a glow in his face.

A fellow person asked, "Brother, I see a great peace in your face. What is the secret?"
The person said, "Today I understood that only in renunciation is bliss."

We often hoard many things but nature has made one system where one cannot hoard.
One cannot say, I have eaten costly food, have taken so much effort to cook, I will not give out so easily. From this simple system of recycling, God seems to teach us that there is a cycle in everything.
Homage to the Universal Being...Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ...

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Renunciation
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 06:48:39 PM »

Dear silentgreen,

Regarding Annadhanam, food offering, it is said that this is the highest
dharma that one can do.  Because, when one person eats stomach-full,
he will say:  Enough, thank you.  He will not anything more than what he could.  However other dharmas like giving money, gold, lands etc.,
the receiver will never be satiated.  Saint Tayumanavar says:  "There is no limit to desire or greed.  Even if one person is given this whole earth, he will love to possess the oceans too.  All this is due to mind.
O Mother, make my mind to quell." 

So is the case with evacuation.  One should put away the remains
of the food which is not digested and was a waste.  He cannot hold in his tummy for long.  There is a story about Tenali Raman, the witty courtier of Krishna Deva Raya, the Telugu king.  The king asked Tenali Raman:  What is the biggest bliss or happiness for a man?
Tenali Raman said humorously:  Evacuation in time!  The king got
angry.  Tenali said that he could prove.  He asked the royal cooks to prepare nice food and make the king fed more than stomach full.
It was done.  Then Tenali asked the king:  Let us go and watch the dances of the girls in the palace hall.  The dance programme of a
group of beautiful girls started.  It was then about half an hour since the start.  The king started feeling restless in his simhasana.  He moved his buttocks hither and thither.  Another 15 minutes passed.
He wanted to go for toilet.  But how about the wager with Tenali?
He put up with the discomfort for another 15 minutes.  That is all.
He rushed to the toilet and cleared his bowels.  He came back smiling sheepishly and told Tenali:  Rama, what you say is correct.
Evacuation is the highest bliss and happiness!

Nature has to be obeyed.  You should be subservient to Nature.
Otherwise, she will put you into enormous difficulties.

Arunachala Siva.