Author Topic: How Ramana's Philosophy can help us spot a Fake Swami  (Read 4057 times)

srkudai

How Ramana's Philosophy can help us spot a Fake Swami
« on: March 03, 2010, 06:45:25 PM »
deleted.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 05:44:12 PM by srkudai »

prasanth_ramana_maharshi

• ఓం నమో భగవతే శ్రీ రమణాయ
    • View Profile
    • HARE RAMA HARE KRISHNA
Re: How Ramana's Philosophy can help us spot a Fake Swami
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 06:54:35 PM »
Srkudai garu,

Atleast 2 swamis in south india(A.p,Tamil nadu) in the past 1 week are caught for sex and money scandles.

http://www.time2news.com/2010/03/swami-nithyananda-fraud-scandal-video-with-tamil-actress-broadcasted-on-sun-tv/

http://www.gossone.com/indian-news/sri-amma-bhagavan-scams-and-scandals-kalki-bhagavan-fraud-photo

-------------------------------------------------------------------

In this context i want to share Sri RamaKrishna Garu views about how to recognise a saint

Householder: Revered Sir, how can we know or recognize a saint?

Ramakrishna: He is a saint whose heart, soul, and inner nature have turned towards God; he who has renounced woman and wealth. A saint does not look at women with the eye of desire; if he comes near a woman, he sees the Divine Mother in her and worships her. His thoughts are always on God and his words are of Him.

He sees God everywhere and knows that by serving others, he serves Him. These are some of the outward signs of a saint.

Householder: Revered Sir, is it necessary to remain long in solitude? Ramakrishna: Until right discrimination is acquired.[p. 77 & 78]

Source: THE GOSPEL OF RAMAKRISHNA Revised by SWAMI ABHEDANANDA

ఓం  నమో  భగవతే  శ్రీ  రమణాయ   
ప్రశాంత్  జలసూత్రం
ప్రేమే శాశ్వతము

Sadhak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 02:01:40 AM »
So we should be careful why we are getting attracted to them. We should ask ourselves "why are we getting attracted to this person", because of his long beard or may be the dressing style ? or the rudraksha beads in hand ... what exactly is the reason?

The simple reason is our inability to face life ourselves. Evaluating other gurus as legitimate or fraud is helpful but it is not the root of the problem. It is like leaving the front door wide open and then trying to judge whether every person who walks inside is a decent person or a fraud. Even if the guru is 'legitimate' why do we need a guru or to be attracted to anybody?  And in any case a 'legitimate' guru like Ramana only says "the guru is within". So that is the core issue from the absolute standpoint.

From the relative standpoint, the person with relatively more inner strength will be more difficult to fool than a relatively weaker person. But he too can be fooled easily depending on his level of attraction to a particular guru. The mushrooming of gurus in tiruvannamalai is a good example. A lot of people come to the place because of Ramana but are not satisfied with the simple truth in the teachings. Rather they need someone in a physical body who either looks like Ramana or talks like Ramana (gramaphones  ;D), or offers to explain and clarify Ramana's teachings in satsangs. These 'gurus' are not to be blamed entirely for they are only exploiting the inherent weakness of the people.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 10:52:13 AM »
Dear friends,

I saw the live telecast of a Kannada news channel, last evening from 4 PM.  This
went on for about 1 hour.  Late evening the Sun TV showed the videos in which
the rapscallion N was in compromising poses.  Then came the news of the various
centres in India and abroad.  One gentleman interviewed had said:  I wanted to
donate some property.  But He wanted in his personal name and not in the name
of the Trust!   Another said that the embracing amma is also a fraud as per his
personal information. The swami scooted out and the Ashram has given a report
that the whole thing about video -  It says it is all computer graphics.

In this connection, I met one office mate of mine, in T'malai.  He, instead of spending
time in the Asramam had gone to N's dhyana centre, on the girivalam route.  "I told
him:  Why do you go for a xerox when the original is here."   The most unfortunate
thing was a TV channel started recently for spiritual matters showed this scoundrel's
discourses every week.  Any one can fall a prey to such guys.  Only our inner experience
should reveal us the truth.

Arunachala Siva.

Sadhak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 12:16:16 PM »
Dear srkudai,

Thats so interesting ... but makes no sense to me!

What's new! ;D  Imagine it makes sense.  :)

Can you please explain in detailed, being my guru?

Wrong number. Don't have any gramaphone to be a guru.  ;D

in asking this ... am i facing my life myself ?

You are certainly talking to yourself.  ;D

Sadhak

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 12:39:22 PM »
Dear srkudai,

I am not blaming nithyananda ... slipping from path ... can happen if one is not careful.

Nithyananda probably did not rise up or slip anywhere; he may have been the same throughout and even if he did slip, it could be his own prarabdha.  Some people put him up on a pedestal for so long and now they are pulling him down. Suddenly they feel foolish now and are taking it out on someone who used to be their hero until yesterday. It is always easier to find an external object as the cause of your problems or as a cure all for your miseries.

Sadhak

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 12:58:12 PM »
Dear srkudai,

As you are doing ?

You are not sure of it either.   ;D

Sadhak

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 07:42:39 PM »
Dear srkudai,

I am to be sure whether u r imagining or not ? 

You were very definitive about the power of your imaginations. :)

humm ... you r smoking agian ?  ... i do not have those powers yet!

You have all those medicinal plants, I don't smoke.

No even this i cannot be sure

Don't loose faith in your powers, er smoke, so easily.  :)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 10:32:17 AM »
There is no need to embrace ascetism to make a Jnani.  Jnanis can also be householders.
But by wearing an "ochre robe" you make a claim that you are a Jnani and also an
ascetic.  This is where the all the sins are starting.  N did the same thing.  And
to see that an ochre robed man is embracing a woman in his bed, makes it horrendous.

The one sure way as Sri Ramana Gita says is that in a Jnani's Presence, the seeker
gets immense Peace.  I do not know what sort of peace that the followers of N
got in his presence.

Arunachala Siva.