Author Topic: Miracles Do Happen  (Read 837 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Miracles Do Happen
« on: March 03, 2009, 11:10:55 AM »
Sri. K.K. Nambiar writes:

In 1942, I fell ill suddenly at Madurai and had to undergo a surgical operation for removal of an inflamed appendix.  It happened this way. During those days, I used to regularly practise streneous yogic exercises, including 'nauli'.  I took an enema one day and could not pass out the entire water.  Then night I felt severe pain in the abdomen and in the small hours of the morning the family doctor was sent for.  As soon as he checked my condition, I was asked to get ready to go to the Head Quarters Hospital with preparation to stay overnight, if need be. My wife and I went to the hospital early morning.  They were ready for an operation. Colonel Cox, the Surgeon, gave me a spinal anaesthesia and performed the appendix operation, which lasted longer than usual, as they had to make a
large incision, my abdominal muscles being much stronger than usual.  In the meantime, the swollen appendix had burst inside,said the surgeon. 

I was all the while thinking of Bhagavan and when back in the ward after the operation, while lying in a half dozed state.  I had a vision
of Arunachala Hill, perhaps 'Kailas' which I had not seen, as the colour of the peak was more whitish than crimson.  I lay in reverential attitude watching the vision which lasted for half a minute or so.

(Source: Arunachala's Ramana. Boundless Ocean of Grace. Volume
No. 4. Sri Ramanasramam, Tiruvannamalai.)

Arunachala Siva.