Author Topic: Can anyone hoodwink Bhagavan Ramana?  (Read 848 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Can anyone hoodwink Bhagavan Ramana?
« on: February 19, 2009, 11:39:11 AM »
One day, the attendant Venkataratnam was accompanying Bhagavan
up the Hill. There is a steep stretch with steps at one particular place on the path from the Asramam to Skandasramam.  While climbing down, Bhagavan would often manoeuvre this inclined portion, by bracing Himself on a big rock, planting His stick firmly against the ledge and descending slowly.  One day some devotees evidently asked a young boy to wait at this place and approach Bhagavan as He passed, and take hold of His feet!  The younger said to him, "Bhagavan! If you do not grant me mukti, I will not let go of your feet."  Apparently the devotees were hiding themselves behind the nearby bushes.  Bracing Himself with His stick, Bhagavan said:
"Adei, (O fellow!) it is "you" who are in a position to give mukti because if you  don't let go of my feet, I am going to fall and attain complete release at this very moment!"  At these words, the boy became frightened and took to his heels.  Astonished by this strange happening. Venkataratnam asked who the boy could have been and what this unusal episode could mean.  Bhagavan Ramana's ready reply was:  'Oh! it was all staged!"

How could anyone ever succeed in hoodwinking Bhagavan?

(Source: Mountain Path, Advent, 2006)

Arunachala Siva.