Author Topic: They also serve who stand and wait  (Read 897 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
They also serve who stand and wait
« on: February 18, 2009, 11:21:54 AM »
Ammani Ammal was serving the Asramam by lighting lamps in the temple etc.,  She was a lady of great dispassion and only during her last years she agreed to take food from the Asramam.

In 1930s, she came to have darshan of Bhagavan Ramana, along with her mother.  After that, she could not stay at home and without telling her parents, she came to the Asramam.  She asked Bhagavan
Ramana: "Swami!  Give me Upadesam."  Bhagavan smiled at her beautifully and asked: "Have you brought a big vessel to take the Upadesam with you?"  He stretched His hands wide open to symbolize a big vessel!"  Ammani Ammal was standing silently. Bhagavan Ramana then looked at her for a full fifteen minutes with intense compassion and grace. She experienced wave after wave of bliss.  She was thrilled!  This experience never came to her in her life, either before or after.  She then asked: "Swami!  May I stay here for good?"  Bhagavan replied: "I do not ask anyone to come here, neither stay nor go out.  Things happen according to one's Prarabdham.  Ammani Ammal did not understand this. Then He told her to go and sit.

For many years, Ammani Ammal used to draw floral desings (kolam) outside the Hall.  Bhagavan Ramana used to come out and tell His attendants, "She is putting kolam and we should be careful not to step on them!"

Ammani Ammal used to say 'Avane, avane' often, meaning 'he..he..'  Bhagavan Ramana told her:  Instead of Avane...Avane.. Please tell 'Sivane, Sivane'!  Bhagavan's one look was sufficient for her. Grace started flowing!

(Source: Arunachala's Ramana. Boundless Ocean of Grace. Volume No. 4. Sri Ramanasramam, Tiruvannamalai.)

Arunachala Siva.