Author Topic: Miracles Do Happen  (Read 2447 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Miracles Do Happen
« on: January 30, 2009, 10:49:29 AM »
Sometime from 1962, after a lapse of more than three decades since Bhagavan Ramana's Maha Nirvana, K. Padmanabhan became closely associated with the Asramam.  He was given the work of constructing small cottages for the women, by the Asramam. He was also serving as a member of Board of Trustees for Asramam for  three years from 1967.

In 1968, on February 28, he went to the Hill in the morning.  When he was walking near Skandasramam, he saw all of a sudden the majestic figure of Bhagavan Ramana with stick in hand!  The scene was reminiscent of a figure approaching you on the screen of a cinema.  In a trice, He crossed him and when Padmanabhan turned back to see Him, there was no body there. He was dumbfounded for a moment and thought it was his imagination, but, after a few minutes when he resumed climbing, to his astonishment the same thing happened. He became utterly speechless, overcomeby surging feelings and profuse sweating and was forced to sit down.  After a while, he got up to continue on his way and before he could take a few strides, Bhagavan again appeared in the same way as before.  He was trembling and tears came in his eyes. He came back to the room shaken and spent the rest of the day in silence.

A similar vision was experienced by him again in Delhi in April 1968, when he went to attend the Aradhana Day celebrations and a meeting at Sri Ramana Kendra, Delhi.

The third and last experience happened again on 15th June 1968 when he was in the Asramam.  Suddenly the Bhagavan's picture
on the table became alive, and He was laughing.  He was thoroughly shaken and had to sit down for a few minutes before leaving the room!

Many many know me,
Many are called,
Only a few are chosen!

(Source: Fragrant Petals, An anthology. Sri Ramansramam, Tiruvannamalai.)

Arunachala Siva.           

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: Miracles Do Happen
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 12:35:47 PM »
Dear I,

You should resume yours postings 'Miracles do happen' I feel, this is one of the best series of posts in this forum so far. simple yet so profound, filled with nectar of Bhakti. Its very nice reading these posts as each one of us, atleast i feel closer to Sri Bhagavan reading these posts.

Ultimately, it is only Bhakti that gives contentment, intellectual knowledge is no where compared to the soul level connection with Bhagavan.

Salutations to Sri Ramana
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 12:38:33 PM by Nagaraj »

“You cannot travel the path until
you have become the path itself”
[

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 01:57:22 PM »

Dear Nagraraj,

Thank for your comments on Miracles Do Happen.  I would like to
continue this serial, but for the Bhagavan's Will that I do only
responses and not any new posts.  Further I have to read these
serial posts quickly [I do not have any hard copy of any of my
posts & responses] so that I do not repeat them.  Let us look
forward to Bhagavan Will.

I fully agree with your sentiments that only devotion takes us
closer to Bhagavan Ramana.  This devotion which is mother of
Jnana should take us to self enquiry and then eventual realization.  Bhagavan Ramana also started with Sri Arunachala
Stuti Panchakam and then ended up with Vivekachoodmani and
ULLadu Narpadu.  I think that is the correct way to approach
Bhagavan Ramana's way also.   

Arunachala Siva. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 05:56:14 PM »

Dear Anil,

Many people right from Kavyakanta Muni, Paul Brunton, Sivapraksam
Pillai and others had many visions seeing Bhagavan as  Muruga,
Sri Dakshinamurty and others gods.  Bhagavan did not give any
opinion on these visions.  However, He has said that all visions
are dual and therefore they are not indicative of any self realization.

Arunachala Siva.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 09:12:12 PM »
Dear I,
Thank for your comments on Miracles Do Happen.  I would like to
continue this serial, but for the Bhagavan's Will that I do only
responses and not any new posts.  Further I have to read these
serial posts quickly [I do not have any hard copy of any of my
posts & responses] so that I do not repeat them.  Let us look
forward to Bhagavan Will.

I fully agree with your sentiments that only devotion takes us
closer to Bhagavan Ramana.  This devotion which is mother of
Jnana should take us to self enquiry and then eventual realization.  Bhagavan Ramana also started with Sri Arunachala
Stuti Panchakam and then ended up with Vivekachoodmani and
ULLadu Narpadu.  I think that is the correct way to approach
Bhagavan Ramana's way also.   

Sometimes, I even feel, let me even cast off all these enlightenment business and just soak myself in his limitless compassion, soak myself in the memory of all those wonderful events of Sri Bhagavan that emanates unbelievable compassion, that will even melt the hardest of hardest rocks! no need to read, no need to do anything, just remain watching his ever potent picture continuesly.

I am able to see him everyday, that is enough!

[

SLakshmi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 10:58:50 PM »
Subramanian sir,

Completely second nagaraj's post. Infact the reason why i was attracted to this forum was your 'miracles do happen' post. there are many of those posts in my fav list. Whenever am feeling low i always read them and derive a lot of postivity and mental strength from it. Its like a tonic..

I just saw inception...and at the risk of making this sound trivial, the whole concept of dream state and reality reminded me of sri bhagavan's teachings. Ofcourse a movie can be no comparison of bhagavan's teachings..but just the whole concept got me thinking about it...

Even during sri bhagavan's time, the concept of dream state was often discussed, especially by sh.major chadwick...and although he got replies from sri bhagavan..he picked it up at every possible opportunity...

Has any of u watched inception...did you draw any parallels to the dream state and reality given therein?

Subramanian sir...i dont remember the details but i had read somewhere that for someone living in delhi sri bhagavan had recommended that he come to ramana kendra delhi and meditate at a certain hour in the evening..

I live in delhi and still i dont get to go to kendra as much as i would like to. Every sunday there is a discourse at the kendra and regular cultural activities take place here. I have also sung at the kendra in the past..

Subramanian sir, we are all looking forward to your resuming 'the' posts...

Many Thanks..

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 08:09:24 AM »

Dear Nagaraj, SLakshmi,

If there is Bhagavan's Will, I shall definitely resume the Miracles
Do Happen.   Let us wait and seek His Will.

Meantime, I fully agree that Bhakti is a more melting expression.
Saint Manikkavachagar says in Tiruvachakam:

"See, He is being caught in my net of bhakti!"

"Can I not get you, if I weep with devotion?"

But bhakti should blossom into self surrender and self surrender
is nothing but Atmbanubhuti.

Arunachala Siva. 

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 05:07:07 PM »
Dear I,

I just saw inception...and at the risk of making this sound trivial, the whole concept of dream state and reality reminded me of sri bhagavan's teachings. Ofcourse a movie can be no comparison of bhagavan's teachings..but just the whole concept got me thinking about it...

Even during sri bhagavan's time, the concept of dream state was often discussed, especially by sh.major chadwick...and although he got replies from sri bhagavan..he picked it up at every possible opportunity...

Has any of u watched inception...did you draw any parallels to the dream state and reality given therein?

Star Trek Series and Matrix is also based on Vedantic philosophies only. Especially Matrix very much goes in the line of 'Maya' concept. Infact even James Camaroons Avatar is also based on 'Maya'. I don't know if anyone of you have watched Avatar.

and also, the best of them, I love is "The beautiful Mind" is the most intelligent movie made so far.

[

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2010, 05:56:31 PM »

Dear Nagaraj, SLakshmi and others,

I have not seen these movies.  I have seen Star Trek and X files
some years back.  Many devotees [including me] have been given the advices in their dreams, by Bhagavan.  This has happened
even recently, i.e. many years after His Maha Nirvana.  Swami
Ramanagiri is one example.  He was asked to go to Tiruvanmiyur
beach in Chennai and meditate on the sands.  He has done it.

There are many such miracles happening even today. 

A couple of days back, ramanaduli sent a video slide  show on
planets, suns, stars and galaxies as taken by Hubble Telescope
to my personal e mail address from U.S. On seeing that she said
that she had felt very small compared to God.  I wrote to her that even though we are very small, it is we, the sentients can realize the Atma within and not those big galaxies which are inert.  But the
Creator of these is the biggest and is rightly called Brahman.
It is amazing that all these heavenly bodies are rotating and
revolving in an astonishing accuracy of velocity.

Einstein had said:  If there were to be a God, he must be a
first rated mathematician.

Arunachala Siva.   

runachala Siva.

SLakshmi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2010, 06:37:58 PM »
Subramanian sir,

So blessed you are! so what if u didnt have darshan in his jeeva-dasai...you saw him, met him and got upadesa in your dream state! its one and the same thing!

It was a normal duty for an attendant to be alert and awake at night, when sri bhagavan wanted to the attend call of nature. It was the duty of sri annamalai swami those days. Once at night, sri annamalai swamigal slept off and dreamt that he had attended to sri bhagavan at night, went with him with a torch to assist sri bhagavan and gave him hot water and pat dry his legs and came and sat before bhagavan. sri annamalai swamigal suddenly awoke to find sri bhagavan had just come back and was sitting himself in the sofa. Sri annamalai swamigal profusely apologised for his inattentiveness and told sri bhagavan that he just dreamt that he had performed all the services in the dream and hence thought that those had been performed and that he could rest a little. sri bhagavan told him 'you performed all your dream duties in the dream to dream bhagavan. It is all right. You have done your duty. All are one and the same thing.'

Likewise subramanian sir you have been blessed by bhagavan. what more do you need..

Ramanarpamastu

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2010, 07:02:40 PM »

Dear SLakshmi, Nagaraj and others,

I shall narrate one incident to an attentive attendant.  He went
with Bhagavan Ramana in the mid night with a torch, to help Him
complete His nature call.  Suddenly, he felt some sounds of wooden
sandals coming near him and then passing by.  No form could be seen.  He became nervous but was satisfied that Bhagavan  Ramana was nearby and hence he did not further worry.

Bhagavan Ramana while coming back, asked him:  "Have you also
heard that?"  Curiously, he asked Bhagavan what it was.  Bhagavan
Ramana said that some siddha purusha is circumambulating the Hill
and what you heard is only his wooden sandals' sound.  The attendant became chill in his body, but was very thankful to Bhagavan for that rare opportunity that night.

There are many such things,
In this world happening,
That even in your dreams,
you cannot dream of.
                                  -William Shakespeare.

Arunachala Siva.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2010, 07:06:10 PM »
If i am not wrong, the name of the attendant you are talking about in also Subramaniam.

[