Author Topic: Robert Adams Quotes and teachings  (Read 803 times)

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Robert Adams Quotes and teachings
« on: November 11, 2019, 12:42:25 PM »
Robert Adams was a very mature Devotee of Bhagavan Sri Ramana and this thread will contain the quotes and teachings of Robert Adams which are nothing but teachings of Bhagavan Ramana itself expressed in a different way .

« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 12:44:54 PM by atmavichar100 »
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Re: Robert Adams Quotes and teachings
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 12:49:39 PM »
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 12:54:27 PM »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 01:08:17 PM »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 09:51:16 PM »
Whatever is going to happen will happen. Your job is not to react. Your job is to understand that everything is predestined. You are in your right place where you are supposed to be. If there is anything that appears in your life that you don't like, it's wrong to try to change it. It's right to go within yourself and see the truth within yourself. And then the appropriate changes will come by itself. Change no one. Change nothing. React to no one, react to nothing. Do not live in the past and do not, worry about the future. Stay in the eternal now, where all is well. After all you are me and I am you. There's no difference. Do not react to the world. Do not even react to your own body. Do not even react to your own thoughts. Learn to become the witness. Learn to be quiet.

Robert Adams

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 09:22:10 AM »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2019, 09:47:15 AM »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2019, 10:42:37 AM »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2019, 02:57:25 PM »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2019, 03:02:31 PM »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2019, 03:23:16 PM »

drsundaram

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2019, 05:53:27 PM »
i just read a msg from one ramana hrudayam from face book and i copy ad verbatim  as under

"WE WILL CEASE TO POST ROBERT ADAMS
Although we like many of Robert's satsang texts we came to understand that his claim to have met Sri Ramana Maharshi is false; probably Robert was never in India and has fantasized his image for selfish reasons. He also has been a womanizer and many scandals have been known in the past.
We have collected evidence some of which can be found under the video of David Godman about Robert written in the comments by Steven Strouth. The email he associated with Katya Osborne was checked and Katya confirmed it to be hers. (There is one error in Steven Strouth's text: there was a hospital in Ramanashram in which Bhagavan was operated, and they have built a new dispensary during the last few years.)
We want to have examples of quotes from authentic and genuine teachers and sages on our page who were morally close to Bhagavan's example which is unsurpassed.
Om namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya,
Ramana Hridayam team"
i am perplexed highly about the contents as said above .
I have read  Robert's  "silence  of the heart" and also do read his sayings fervently
Am i in wrong side; but his words echo  Bhagavan's .

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2019, 06:27:39 PM »
I just saw the above message from Ramana Hridayam FB Post which is also my main source for the Robert Adams quote .I am not must aware of  the so called current controversies about him .I have always loved his quotes and his book SILENCE FROM THE HEART and felt he resonated clearly Bhagavan's teachings and that's why sharing the same . Many people do not study PAPAJI because of his second Marriage etc etc but I was highly benefited by his books written by David Godman .
In the end all the pointers are directed towards the SELF . That is why I started a thread POINTERS TO PRESENCE which does not carry the author of those pointers and we just see whether those Pointers are useful and help us develop clarity without getting trapped about the authors who wrote it and their lifestyle etc etc .
Anyway I am not interested in digging more about Robert Adams and just shared his pointers as I felt they were useful and will do so if I come across such useful pointers .

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2019, 11:06:02 PM »
You don't have to set aside a time for meditation. You can do it while you're driving your car, while you're at work, while you're playing music. Just be aware of yourself, of who you really are, and realize the rest is a projection of your mind. ~ Robert Adams

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2019, 04:05:49 PM »
This above is rather harsh claim about Robert. I don't know anything about him,but I enjoy reading his thoughts and benefited very much from these quotes. Or better to say,I found myself in many of them. I truly cannot understand how can someone claim something like this without proves. I hear about such claims for the first time. There is a saying: "Dead mouths don't speak",so claiming something like this now,is completely unnecessary.

Regarding Papaji,I love Papaji very much. I believe He was genuine. His words have some power to make impression on a listener,and I love His humor a lot. Regarding realisation,the list stops there,with Him,I am afraid. So,there are so many (modern day teachers) which should be more urgently addressed.
Whatever the case, when you write something like this (that Ramana Facebook group),give facts,and address someone while still capable of defending himself. But, honestly,I find this above statement about Robert,rather ridiculous.

With love,
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 04:09:54 PM by Jewell »