Author Topic: Struggle with agitated and egoistic discussing Mind  (Read 566 times)

gopalgtg

• View Profile
Struggle with agitated and egoistic discussing Mind
« on: May 14, 2018, 07:02:19 PM »
Friends,

Please suggest on how to stop below vasnas very active in me -
 (1) Discussion with people around disturbing own mind at end
 (2) Being in Kusang (company of materialistic world) , every time getting attached to same.
 (3) Planning for future always and not able to decide what to do till end

How spiritual seekers lives ?

Thanks !

srkudai

• View Profile
Re: Struggle with agitated and egoistic discussing Mind
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 10:37:20 AM »
Dear gopalgtg,
         :) I'll give you a simple suggestion - please do not mind the language used.

sit down for some time and tell yourself "i am dead" [or if you want a more soft language : the person inside this body has gone to visit God :) ]
and remain thus.
this body is like a breathing statue - or a log of wood. [infact Ribhu Gita calls it kunapam, dead body]
the awareness within is mute witness - it has no commentary to add.
no one in-between the body and awareness to worry, feel nice , feel bad etc.

do this for some time. the mind gathers. because there is no one to propel it anymore.

now imagine God has returned the "person" within to handle specific role ! play the role.

Love!
Silence

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 06:31:51 AM »
Dear gopalgtg,

To stop doing such things needs lots of practice and diligence. You need to be aware when these things happen. And to be aware of many movements of the mind is not easy in the beginning. But,Your own realisation that these vasanas are very active in You is awareness itself. So this is a very good thing. Sure,next is to avoid such things whenever You have the chance to do that. Avoid the situations which are leading to that in the first place,and pray to God for strength. The more You do that,the more You remind Yourself during such moments to stop doing these things,and the more You rise above vasanas they will be more and more cured,so to say. We all struggle with these same things,and this is exactly what all spiritual aspirants are trying to accomplish. It needs discipline and persistence,but You will be trilled when You come to that point to be able to stop doing all these things which are bothering You. Like we say in my country :'Bite your own tongue when it starts doing what it wants'.  :)

There is also other way to stop these vasanas. You do not need to do anything,just to be aware of all these movements and remain as the witness. To remind Yourself You are not this body,and this very mind which is doing all these movements,and to stay aloof. I find this kind of practice very compatibile with self inquiry. That's way Bhagavan always advised to look directly into this I which is struggling with all this,and not to be carried away with the doership which is the illusion itself. He  advised not to think in such terms as 'My vasanas,mine this and mine that,etc.'
Well,this is same with all practices actually. This very awareness we are not the body or the mind.  Not bothering or thinking about ourselves too much,but just doing the practice we chose. Focus on this very 'I',or on God,is what is most important. So whatever You wish to accomplish-practice,practice and more practice. That is the only way for success.

With love,

srkudai

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 09:05:57 AM »
Dear gopalgtg ji,
           :) Did you try the following meditation ?

https://palousemindfulness.com/disks/bodyscan.mp3

or

https://palousemindfulness.com/meditations/bodyscan.html

?

I have been suggesting this as a starting point for any meditation enthusiast. seasoned meditators also tend to gain through this.

Love!
Silence