Author Topic: Sri Bhagavan's 68th Aradhana - 13.05.2018  (Read 626 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Sri Bhagavan's 68th Aradhana - 13.05.2018
« on: May 13, 2018, 10:34:30 AM »
Today is Bhagavan's 68th Aradhana.  In 1950, He shed His body and the Brahma
Jnani merged with Brahman, Arunachala.

Today there will be many functions in the Asramam.  In the morning, there will be
Nadaswaram playing, followed by the singing Bhagavan's and Muruganar's songs.
There will also be dance programs depicting Bhagavan's life.

In the morning there will be special abhishekam, alankaram and arti for Sri
Ramaneswara Mahalingam. 

In the lunch there will be provided sweets and payasam.

In the afternoon, there will be singing of Tevaram and Tiruvachakam songs by
special groups invited from outside. they are called Odhuvarars. 

In the evening there will be concerts, by special groups from outside.

The whole day will be a joyous day in the Asramam.   

I feel like singing this song from Tiruvachakam:

தந்ததுன் றன்னைக் கொண்டதென் றன்னைச்
    சங்கரா ஆர்கொலோ சதுரர்
அந்தமொன் றில்லா ஆனந்தம் பெற்றேன்
    யாதுநீ பெற்றதொன் றென்பால்
சிந்தையே கோயில் கொண்டஎம் பெருமான்
    திருப்பெருந் துறையுறை சிவனே
எந்தையே ஈசா உடலிடங் கொண்டாய்
    யான்இதற் கிலன்ஓர்கைம் மாறே.

It is Yourself, You gave to me and received from me,
mine O Sankara !
Who is the cleverer one?
From You I received unending Ananda.
What did You receive from me at all?
My God,
who made my mind, Your temple !
O Siva abiding at sacred Perunturai !
O my Father !
O Lord-God !
You abide in my body.
How can I requite You for this?

Arunachala Siva.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 10:48:23 AM by Subramanian.R »

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Re: Sri Bhagavan's 68th Aradhana - 13.05.2018
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 11:28:20 PM »
Dear Sri Subrananian Sir,

Thank You sooo much for this beautiful post!

With love,

I hasten back to the hall and sit down conveniently near the divan. The Maharshi turns his face
immediately, his mouth relaxing into a pleasant greeting. Straightaway, I feel at ease and begin
to question him.
"The Yogis say that one must renounce this world and go off into secluded jungles or mountains,
if one wishes to find truth. Such things can hardly be done in the West; our lives are so different.
Do you agree with the Yogis?"
The Maharshi turns to a Brahm in disciple of courtly countenance. The latter translates his
answer to me:
"The life of action need not be renounced. If you will meditate for an hour or two every day, you
can then carry on with your duties. If you meditate in the right manner, then the current of mind
induced will continu e to flow even in the midst of your work. It is as though there were two
ways of expressing the same idea; the same line which you take in meditation will be expressed
in your activities.
"
"What will be the result of doing that?"
"As you go on you will find that your attitude towards people, events and objects will gradually
change. Your actions will tend to follow your meditations of their own accord."

"Then you do not agree with the Yogis?" I try to pin him down.
But the Maharshi eludes a direct answer.
"A man should surrender the personal selfishness which binds him to this world. Giving up the
false self is the true renunciation."

"How is it possible to become selfless while leading a life of worldly activity?"
"There is no conflict between work and wisdom."
"Do you mean that one can continue all the old activities in one?s profession, for instance, and at
the same time get enlightenment?"
"Why not? But in that case one will not think that it is the old personality which is doing the
work, because one?s consciousness will gradually become transferred until it is centred in That
which is beyond the little self."

"If a person is engaged in work, there will be little time left for him to meditate."
The Maharshi seems quite unperturbed at my poser.
"Setting apart time for meditation is only for the merest spiritual novices," he replies. "A man
who is advancing will begin to enjoy the deep er beatitude, whether he is at work or not. While
his hands are in society, he keeps his head cool in solitude."

The Maharashi and His meassage
PAUL BRUNTON

« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 04:09:22 PM by Jewell »

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Re: Sri Bhagavan's 68th Aradhana - 13.05.2018
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 11:42:28 PM »
Alighting at Tiruvannamalai station on the morning of 1 st September 1896, Venkataraman beheld his ?promised land? in the 'starry-pointing' towers of Arunachaleswara's Temple from afar. As with the Saint Nanda, the very sight of the towers filled his soul with joy, arising not merely from the sense of achievement but also from the close proximity to Bliss itself. With quick steps and a bounding heart he proceeded straight to the great Temple. The gates of the three high compound walls and all the inner doors were open. There was not a soul beside him there; and it looked as though the Father was thus preparing to welcome his 'beloved son', who marched straight to the inmost shrine, the Holy of Holies without any hindrance and addressed Arunachaleswara (in the shape of a lingam) thus:

O God, obedient to Thy call,

Here I have come, deserting all.

That moment all physical and mental excitement disappeared; he felt a soothing sensation and his cup of bliss was full to the brim.

On the very day of his arrival he had aimlessly walked to the Ayyankulam Tank and thrown away the bundle of sweetmeats given to him at the Kilur Bhagavatar's house, saying to himself, 'To this block (i.e., the body) why give any sweetmeat?' As he walked back from the tank and came near the temple some one accosted him and asked, 'Do you want to have your tuft of hair shaved off? 'Yes,' replied the young Swami, who was immediately taken to a barber and had the entire hair on his head shaved off.

As a boy at Dindigul and Madurai he was noted for the beauty of his hair (fine, long, jet-black locks) and now at one stroke he parted with this without a sigh. A clean-shaven head was the token of asceticism (sannyasa), i.e., of parting with all the vanities of the world, and entering upon a solemn course of life in which things far higher, far more serious, should occupy every minute of one?s attention. He then tore off his cloth to shreds, and, wearing one of them as a loin-cloth, cast away the rest and all his money, amounting to three rupees and a half. He also removed his sacred thread from his body and threw it away. He was not going to touch, and never after did touch, money.

One day when the young Swami was sitting on the central dais of the mantapam plunged in meditation, he found stones whizzing from behind and front. Luckily they did not hit his body. But he moved to the dark recess of a large pit (known as Patala Lingam) in the mantapam, where he hoped to be free from such attentions. The change, however, proved to be from the frying pan into the fire. The dark pit, despite the sacred images in it, was never lit, or swept or cleaned. It was damp and full of insects. As the young Mouni (The silent one) sat there, enj oying the bliss of his soul, scorpions, ants, mosquitoes, and other vermin, the rightful occupants of the pit, attached themselves to the intruder's body and rejoiced in drinking his blood. The nether side of his thighs and legs, as he sat there, were full of sores from which blood and pus issued. The fact that he was completely unconscious of this only goes to prove the depth of his absorption in the Infinite.

Life and Teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi
(By B. V. Narasimha Swami)