Author Topic: Novice Devotee struggle due to past intent and surroundings nearby  (Read 460 times)

gopalgtg

• View Profile
Being part of seekers and blessings of advanced members in group, I want to share problem experienced and request guidance on same from any part of books or your own experience.

Mostly my time is spent with family and friends who have ego and are fully driven by Maya, even though if I talk as per teaching of grace, I receive mockery and resulting in stress as I am not matured. May be due to my past karmas. My penance gets degraded for some days and then I re-collect and later same maya in other form with other kin persons try to challenge and destroy the composure. So, shall I be strict with them or direct or leave talking ,and will doing that is bad for understanding of duty as son or brother or friend ?

How does spiritual person deal with world ? How much they think about their future ? What compromises he makes for Job or any events in life from spiritual values ? What is poverty and richness for them ?

srkudai

• View Profile
Re: Novice Devotee struggle due to past intent and surroundings nearby
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 08:30:25 PM »
Dear gopalgtg ji,
              :) Live in the world retaining your calmness.
no need to tell others or convince others of your spiritual understanding. Let it show through life and living and not through any talk.
Sri Ramakrishna says that before cutting a jackfruit one should oil one's hands so that the juices do not stick to the hand. same way before starting out on your daily life, just spend a few minutes in meditation. in the initial stages it would be useful to do guided meditation. I would strongly recommend:
https://palousemindfulness.com/meditations/bodyscan.html

do this every day and live a normal life ... calm life, happy life. as you grow with knowledge everything naturally falls in place

Love!
Silence

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 11:34:39 PM »
Dear gopalgtg,

It is best not to talk with anyone who is not interested in spirituality about the teachings,and Your experiences. Masters advise not to talk about some serious experiences even with fellow devotees. But what can i tell You from my own experience,do not talk about this to anyone worldly minded. It will result in a way You experienced,disturbing to You,and it will be disturbing for them too. Not everyone is ready for this Truth,and everyone has his own way leading to the same Truth eventually. Best way is to keep hidden Your interest in spirituality,or giving only some general information if You cannot hide it completely. Trust me,this is the best way if You wish to advance. And also,You will not disturb anyone,since this knowledge can be very bad for some immature people. It can result in madness,loss of faith,and many other things. So keep this only for Yourself and do Your practice silently. In this way You will be left in peace.

It is usual that all sorts of things happen when someone begins this journey. You will be most probably disturbed in many ways,from all sides. This is what i experienced. I am sure many of us,if not almost all are surrounded with worldly minded,and even wicked people if i may say so. Just do Your practice silently and try to keep peace with Your family. Sure,i cannot give You general advice on this,to fight or not,or such things. Do not fight about these things for the reasons i wrote above. But for some other matters,act in a way that moment and situation asks for. It is the decision based on the situation only. It depends what is needed and what it right in that moment. Try not to be discouraged in any way,and do not expect anyone can truly understand You except God,except Your own Self.

How to deal with the world,about future and all You have asked,well,this path is not separate from life. Through life and everything we learn,as much as we learn from the teachings. Even more. So,for me,it is best not to look on it as something separate or different. The teachings about non duality should not be used when dealing with fellow man,or the world itself. For example,the world is unreal,so whatever i do does not matter-i can do anything i want,or,the people are not real so it is unnecessary to have compassion or any sorts of feelings toward them.

But,the most important thing is,we cannot learn these things from the books or advices etc,but by living our Truth,by error and right action,and our own discrimination and inquiry. That is the point of everything.

Trust Your own deepest feeling of right and wrong,follow and listen Your heart,be sincere in Your motives,and all will be well in the end.

And every situation is the teacher in this world. Even this situation You have encountered. So try to see what it wants to teach You.

Welcome to the forum dear friend!

With love,

gopalgtg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 08:48:14 PM »
Thank You Jewell and Srkudai for your insights.
Your response is really helpful and very much wanted. I will keep them in mind.

Regards,
Gopal Jha

Orihh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 07:45:33 PM »
Dear gopalgtg,

Masters advise not to talk about some serious experiences even with fellow devotees.

I've heard this before, why is that? 
Om Namo Saradamma

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 11:17:08 PM »
Dear Orihh,

It is not advisable because it may be discouraging for other devotee and it may cause envy. It may also boost ego of the one who shares. These are the general reason i have heard.

In essence,it goes around the ego only,and all is based on the false idea that this personality,mind, is something real. But nothing which is not permanent and stable is not real,and all experiences are in the field of the mind only.

With love,