Author Topic: Why did Ramana Maharshi go into and live in a cave for so many years?  (Read 219 times)

davidwidmann

• View Profile
And why is it told that apparently we should do different today and avoid "isolating ourselves from the world"? Is this a misunderstanding?

What is it that you can do in a cave - better or exclusively - that you can't do living even just in a village and not even in a city?

I am aware of what the Spiritual Heart does and how it makes one "immune" (I have no other term to what happened to me) - but I have done that on the way into our wilderness here and not in the village/small city I live. I felt not "able" to surrender there. Is it solely for the maximum sense of intimacy until that is done and then "re-integrate" (simply go back..) where one was living, if that is desired?

If that is the case and only that, then what do individuals think advicing others not to go in a cave? Is it the typical mentality of "better not tell a bee that it is a bee or otherwise it would leave it's working place and we have no more honey"? If it is only for that, only for max. intimacy to surrender - how would this be done in a city or village with all the negativity and constant identification with anything But holiness in perceived lifestyles (toxic)?

If I do that and leave everything as it is, detach from mind and be only in feeling and sensing activity in the chest, which I previously did coupled with cultivating silence - cultivating the heart chakra radiance to be in a more holy space with myself, to more easily spontaneously surrender then, I aswell "feel" my surroundings. And since human beings today fantasize a heaven while they live a hell, my body is constantly stagnating and in pain. All he is telling me is "get out of here and perform what you do not here - who gave you this idea to do this here??" ...

Or is there anything else? You can speak to me "technically" I am aware of many functions in our system, no need to paraphrase anything, if you certainly know why Sri Ramana Maharshi went into a cave for so long, if you have that self-experience and do not speak from assumptions. I really have no use for assumptions. Thank you for your understanding.

I am looking forward to your reply. And thank you for replying.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 10:07:36 PM by davidwidmann »

srkudai

• View Profile
Re: Why did Ramana Maharshi go into and live in a cave for so many years?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 04:41:09 PM »
Dear davidwidmann,
           :)
There are two different lifestyles. A lifestyle does not make one wise, be wise and choose your lifestyle.

there is a saying : sukha tyagi, krishna bhogi, nrpa janaka raghavau ... sukha maharshi was a great saint and a lived like a total renunciate. he did not even wear dress. Krishna was also a jnani of highest order but he was involved in all kinds of activities. he was amidst all types of pleasures and yet never touched by any of them - as if ready to drop all of that nay moment without a sigh. Janaka and rama were kings. they handled kingdoms and yet were at total ease.

We are too eager to change our lifestyle, but its not the lifestyle that makes one a saint ... not today nor was it earlier.

Ramana, after liberation , allowed his prarabdha karma to take its course. He did not try to do anything about it ... Spontaneously he left. there was no doubt whether to do this or that. that is not for everyone. and its not going to arunachala that makes ramana special... having resolved himself in Arunachala, one can choose what ever lifestyle they find comfortable to be with -as long as its dharmic.

Love!
Silence

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 04:19:35 AM »
he went to the cave because that's where the aliens that taught him the secret of truth were ....... n stuff
 8)
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it

srkudai

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 11:04:16 AM »
Dear Beloved Abstract ,
        :P what do u mean Alients taught him ... He taught Aliens ...

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 08:36:46 PM »
yes , then he came out of the cave and taught us that we are all aliens ...... "nanu nanu"
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it

kishorelr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 09:53:58 PM »
Yes we are living like aliens forgetting where we belong to   :D