Author Topic: Seeking guidance to exercise our only free will  (Read 146 times)

Orihh

• View Profile
Seeking guidance to exercise our only free will
« on: April 28, 2018, 07:41:11 PM »
The only life I feel that would be worth living would be one dedicated to sadhana and spent close to Arunachala.  I wholeheartedly believe that.  However, I don't know if I am mature enough to stop my studying at an art school and chose that life.  I fear that I won't have the diligence required to "tread the razors edge", and that I won't be able to support myself financially without having any sort of degree.  How can I pray for guidance?  I've read that guidance cannot be requested, it just comes to those who make themselves available to it.  But I don't have the drive to make myself available, so what then?  In other words, if I make myself open to grace, that in itself would be the decision to live a spiritual life and drop out of school, so I am afraid of doing that. 

I believe Bhagavan said that the only free will we have is the decision to be closer to God.  I'm afraid of that so I want God to make the decision for me. 
Om Namo Saradamma

srkudai

• View Profile
Re: Seeking guidance to exercise our only free will
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 10:07:51 AM »
Dear Orihh,
         Who is God ? are you apart from God ? is your will outside God's will ?
Where is Arunachala ? its in your heart - Right Now. if you have not recognized this Arunachala, even though you are close to it, you shall miss it.

That fear to leave school could also be God's prompting - asking you not to do anything silly, isnt it ?

Please study what you are studying diligently - To make yourself available is to start being "Present" ! Our lives are moving at quick pace and we do not seem to be really "Living" ... we are as if sleep walking through our lives. i am here, but my mind is on something else. i am at my work, mind on facebook ! i am on facebook, mind on twitter ... so on ! Ishvara/God is "Presence"  - Here, Now. Being. That is Arunachala. To be close to it, you do not have to stop earning. What is the problem with earning ? If you remain conscious and mindful, every moment is a moment in the presence of Arunachala. Everything gets enriched in life.

The entire aim of spirituality is to remain calm , satisfied, and live through life relaxed, slow and steady - have goals, achieve them , do what ever ... just be calm and relaxed in the present moment. This is how one is supposed to live life. To be here and now, is called just be, that is the highest teaching of Bhagavan.

Love!
Silence

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 07:12:40 AM »
Dear Orihh,

In other words, if I make myself open to grace, that in itself would be the decision to live a spiritual life and drop out of school, so I am afraid of doing that. 

These marked parts need not to go together You know. That's why i colored them differently. Spiritual life can be lived in the middle of all activities,and we can never know the reasons behind such ways of God except Him. We only need to think of Him always,and to do our practice. Renunciation cannot be forced. It comes when we are ready. Your very question shows You are not sure,like You said it. If You are ready,there is no question of financial support,or anything else.
And You can surely pray for guidance. Prayer is one of the most powerful,beautiful things,and the great part of healing and sharing with God. It can do miracles when it is sincere and humble. And off course guidance can be requested. Why not?! If God is someone from whom we cannot ask such things,than he is not God at all. Where can we find more mercy,goodness and love but in Him?! This very Grace is Your own Heart and Soul,something most intimate with You. Who can help if not Your own Self. Being open for it only means being in tune with it,not letting the ego to step in the middle. Acting not guided with fear and desire,but with love. This Grace is one silent voice inside of You,and You only need to be quiet enough to hear it.

Often,it is best not to change anything in our life drastically when we start this journey, but this is not a rule. We are often guided by ego,hiding itself behind 'right causes',and ego cannot see the whole picture,only God can.  You will see for Yourself what is the right way,i am sure.

With love,

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 04:44:23 AM »
lol
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it