Author Topic: Request: Atmavichar sir on deep sleep question  (Read 205 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
Request: Atmavichar sir on deep sleep question
« on: September 13, 2017, 10:15:18 AM »
dear Atmavichar sir,

i have posted a question on deep sleep quality due to health issues and how to interpret vedantic statements on deep sleep

kindly check and provide your reply as being a yoga master with experience you will have valuable points.

i waited for a reply but as you did not reply requesting now

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Re: Request: Atmavichar sir on deep sleep question
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 03:04:22 PM »
Dear KSKAT

Sorry I am seeing your post only now . Regarding interpreting Vedantic statements sorry I am not competent to do it .Contact a proper Vedantic teacher for the same .
As regarding quality of sleep I feel this is an issue facing many White Collar People in Urban India .

Follow these steps to get good sleep :

1) Turn off the Internet , Cell Phones ,TV and keep them off and perhaps stop reading the news as well at least 2 hours before sleep

2) Limit or cease your intake of alcohol, don't do any drugs, stop smoking and watch your diet by starting to eat lots of raw fruits and vegetables.

3) Practice some form of physical exercise like walking , yoga etc daily for 30-45 mts

4) Try to have an early dinner .
5)  Get plenty of sleep, at least 7-8 hours per night of gentle, uninterrupted sleep. 
Note : White Collared people do more or mental activity and hence good rest to the mind is needed and that can be obtained only one has sound sleep  for at least 7 hrs . Do not feel guilty of having good sleep .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
Re: Request: Atmavichar sir on deep sleep question
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 08:33:07 PM »
Dear Krishnan,,In addition, in case you wake up in between for whatsoever reason,pl utilise the same for a brief sadhana-Bhagavan has stressed the importance of meditation during these transitions. Do not get up abruptly but use it for self enquiry ,gently enquiring who is this being that has waken up,watch your mind .All such interruptions in our sleep may be viewed as not a health problem but an opportunity for sadhana.For as the Gita says,when the world sleeps,the yogi awakes to wisdom. Regds.
Sundaram Anand