Author Topic: Vichara  (Read 4429 times)

Nishta

• View Profile
Vichara
« on: August 29, 2017, 04:38:07 AM »
deleted -- no longer relevant
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 07:28:17 AM by Nishta »

Nishta

• View Profile
Re: Vichara
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 07:36:39 AM »

A true teacher.

Nishta

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 06:00:54 AM »
The practice is so very simple, "just be". Just Being is the natural state so it is effortless. 
For those who can't just be, the Maharshi advises ask "Who am I?" as each thought arises.

The question halts the thought train. What remains is just Being.

Nishta

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 01:33:33 PM »
D: Is God (Self) personal?
M: Yes, He is always the first person, the I, ever standing before you. Because you give precedence to worldly things, God appears to have receded to the background. If you give up all else and seek Him alone He alone will remain as the I, the Self. (Maharshi's Gospel)

*the very "I" that you sense right now is your true nature. Turning away from that I-ness via contracting into concepts, covers and limits your true nature. One need only remain as "I" and in time the habit of contraction ends....the pure "I" remains eternally.

Nishta

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 03:45:23 AM »
M: By constantly keeping one's attention on the Source, the ego is dissolved in that Source. (Maharshi's Gospel)

*Source is the quiet mind. To remain inwardly quiet is to abide in Source. When constant and effortless it is referred to as Self-realisation.

Nishta

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2018, 06:50:45 AM »
M: We must conclude that this "I" is the permanent substance because everything else is in a state of flux. If you never forget this, this is liberation. (Living by the Words of Bhagavan, pg 236

*Have you noticed that the "I" that began sadhana is exactly the same "I" that you can sense right now. No amount of sadhana can ever change or improve that I-ness. Rather sadhana is only for ceasing to veil that "I" and for realising that that "I" sense is your fundamental and eternal nature.

M: When the "I" is kept up as the "I" only, it is the Self. (Maharshi's Gospel)

Nishta

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 04:33:20 AM »
The "purest", the "highest" sadhana, is to Be. In simply Being, nothing is added and nothing sort. It is an effortless and natural state, devoid of contrivance.

In Being, there is rest,.....an intimate and boundless clarity. 

Your duty is to Be, not to be this or that (Maharshi's Gospel).

Having eliminated everything mentioned above as not 'I', not 'I', the Awareness that stands isolated alone is 'I' (Nāṉ Yār?).

Nishta

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 08:45:51 AM »
The ego imagines the true Self as something mysterious, fantastic or other-worldly. As such it is ever on the move pursuing objects and experiences. If only the ego would stop. What remains between one object relinquished and the next yet to arrive, is a sublime emptiness, the true Self...."as vast as infinite space it is perfect and lacks nothing". 

RM: The ego in its purity is experienced in the intervals between two states or between two thoughts. The ego is like the worm which leaves one hold only after it catches another. Its true nature is known when it is out of contact with objects or thoughts. You should realise this interval as the abiding, unchangeable Reality, your true Being. (Maharshi's Gospel)