Author Topic: Vichara  (Read 332 times)

Nishta

• View Profile
Vichara
« on: August 29, 2017, 04:38:07 AM »
Maharshi clearly shows us the simplicity of our True Nature, and the direction in which to look.

M.: Know the pure state, your own real nature, by keenly observing the interval between two thoughts...
   This interval (is) the abiding, unchangeable reality, your true being
   [Guru Vachaka Kovai, Godman].

There are two common responses to this statement made by Maharshi. First, resting in the interval does not satisfy me. Or secondly, I am a jnani, my work is complete.

When the spaciousness between thoughts is recognised it is invariably seen only through layers of ego attachments. Consequently, on first recognising the interval between thoughts it does not satisfy because it is only seen through multiple attachments. This is akin to viewing a beautiful landscape through obscured glass.

D.: On enquiry into the origin of thoughts there is a perception of 'I'. But it does not satisfy me.
   M.: Quite right. The perception of 'I' is associated with a form, maybe the body. There should be nothing associated with the pure Self.
   The Self is the unassociated, pure Reality, in whose light, the body, the ego, etc. shine. On stilling all thoughts the pure consciousness remains over
   [Talks].

Equally, on recognising the interval between thoughts, to conclude "I am a jnani, my work is complete", despite the fact the view is obscured by attachment to mind/body/world, is a grave error and the mischief of maya.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 04:42:43 AM by Nishta »

Nishta

• View Profile
Re: Vichara
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 05:57:07 AM »

Nishta

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 01:20:33 AM »
 M.: Take no notice of the ego and its activities, but see only the light behind. Abiding in the Self, one need not worry about the mind.

Why should I care for this mind!
It is a puff of smoke.
Best to look away, have nothing to do with it.

Nishta

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 02:43:17 AM »
 M.: Simply through your powerful attention to Being, become the reality, the vast eye, the unbounded space of consciousness.

To discover something.
To dis - cover.
To cease covering.

Knowing only thoughts, concepts, the unbounded space of consciousness is covered and remains hidden.

Cease covering with a simple shift of attention to that sense of Being-ness, that all without fail, possess. One need not fight thoughts, nor stop them, nor do anything other than make a simple shift to your own eternal Being-ness.

Initially, that Being-ness is only a glimpse. It is still "seen" through the lens of attachments. Perseverance, and IT becomes the only view.

Nishta

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 03:52:34 PM »
What is the most obvious?
What is always there when one looks?
Is it not the sense of "me", the sense "I exist"!

Maharshi says, "Asked who wakes up from sleep you say 'I'. Now you are told to hold fast to this 'I'. If it is done the eternal being will reveal itself."

How wonderful! How beautifully clear! That unavoidable and obvious "me-ness", that is always there when one looks. Just attend to it. Attend to it. Attend to it. And "the eternal being will reveal itself." Or more aptly (perhaps!), the "me-ness" fades away.

Nishta

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 02:37:47 AM »
Dreaming

Is it not amazing
that at night when we dream we do not realise we are dreaming,

We take the dream events and dream people to be very real.

It is only on waking in the morning that we realise it was all a dream
Despite all the happenings in my dream not only do I remain untouched,
but I need change nothing about what is only a dream.

Likewise, the jnani, having awoken from the dream, says to the person, you are dreaming.
The person objects, but my suffering, my pains, my struggles?

It is only on "WAKING UP" that the suffering, the pains, the struggles,
that are now taken to be so very real, are seen as they truly are,
A Dream.

Nishta

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 02:45:52 AM »
Love?
When it is dis-covered that All are only yourSelf!