Author Topic: The World Is Real  (Read 934 times)

Nishta

• View Profile
The World Is Real
« on: March 17, 2018, 05:09:37 AM »
deleted -- no longer relevant
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 02:22:42 AM by Nishta »

srkudai

• View Profile
Re: The World Is Real
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 08:47:48 PM »
:D

Nishta! this is a really big illusion :P

srkudai

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 11:52:47 AM »
Dear Nishta,
   :) That is misunderstood basically.

There is one place where he said : 1) world is unreal, 2) brahman is real, and 3) world seen as brahman is real ... but this does not mean the world is real. when i say the snake seen as rope is real it means snake is not there at all :)

This is actually called "baadhaayaam saamaanaadhikaranyam"

In darkness i see a stump of tree and take it to be a thief. and then to such a person its said "the thief is the stump alone" , that is like saying "all this here is indeed brahman" ... another example: in twilight i see a snake on a rope, and then am told the snake is only the rope. this is actually a negation ... the reality is of the rope, not the snake. the statement "thief is a stump",  "Sthaanurayam purusah" is actually correcting an error in perception where the stump is  mistaken to be a thief or a person. We are not qualifying the word "Sthanu" or Stump with the word Purusha or person/thief here.
The setence only negates the idea that there is a thief out there, and only stump remains.
Similarly when one says "all that is here is purusha/brahman", everything is swallowed or devoured, and the brahman remains.

In Bhagavan's three statements 1) world is unreal is told to a person who sees the world is real. then the person asks what is real ? 2) brahman... but he still does nto see brahman , where can brahman be seen ? 3) here , all this is brahman alone ... which is to see all this as pure presence ... motionless , changeless ... changeless in and through the changes because the changes are unreal. so what do u mean by the world ? if it is brahman its real but it is not names forms and changes [brahman is changeless], if it is not brahman , names, forms , changes they are all unreal. 

Love!
Silence

srkudai

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 12:52:06 PM »
Dear Nishta,
   :) That is misunderstood basically.

Are you sure our definitions are the same for world, illusion, real, unreal etc?

edit: same as my definitions, that is

Dear Nishta,
         :) The definitions do not matter in this scenario.
The statement you posted are exactly the ones i was using in my explanation :)

Love!
Silence

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 12:44:12 PM »
Nishta

please dont quote out of context and claim that as some secret teaching of Maharishee

what is there to distort here?  read the basics in who am i booklet or upadesa undiyar or ulladhu narpadhu

why to make such sentences all of a sudden?  they are totally wrong and misleading

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 11:43:07 PM »
lol
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it