Author Topic: Teachings of Lakshmana Swamy and Mathru Sri Sarada  (Read 3424 times)

Orihh

• View Profile
Re: Teachings of Lakshmana Swamy and Mathru Sri Sarada
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 12:29:53 PM »
"It is difficult for people in the world to understand what spiritual life is.  People cannot be saved, nor can their bad karmas be removed by performing special pujas or ceremonies. Good and bad karmas will ripen and bring their rewards and punishments.  Nobody can cancel or change that.  No one can give moksha to another. It is for this reason that people have difficulty identifying who a Jnani is and who is not. Everybody has to carry his own weight.  You have to do your own sadhana yourself. A Jnani can show you the way but you have to walk the walk yourself" (Mathru Sri Sarada, Amma's 50th Birthday Anniversary Message)
Om Namo Saradamma

Orihh

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2017, 12:22:30 PM »
"When one sits in meditation, the ego often rises simply because one is having a good experience.  One can become very quiet and still and think, 'I am having a good meditation.  If I carry on like this I will surely realise the Self in this life.'  Thinking that one is meditating well is just another manifestation of the ego" (Mathru Sri Sarada, "No Mind, I Am The Self")
Om Namo Saradamma

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2017, 10:38:14 PM »

ON SPIRITUAL MATURITY BY Saradamma

Saradamma: People look at Swamy ( Sri Lakshmana Swamy ) and me and think that realization must be relatively easy to achieve because we both realized the Self in a short time. However, we are exceptions. It is rare for someone to have the determination and dispassion that Swamy had during his sadhana, and it is equally rare for a devotee to be as God-intoxicated as I was.Complete surrender or earnest self-enquiry can only be effectively practiced by advanced devotees. Even Ramana Maharshi sometimes said that self-enquiry was for ripe souls only. Most people need a long period of purification to get their minds pure enough for total surrender or effective self-enquiry. Devotees ask for grace to realize the Self, but most devotees are nowhere near ready for realization; if they were given a large amount of grace the shock would kill them. For most people a preliminary period of mind purification, such as can be produced by japa or pranayama will be most useful.

- No Mind- I Am the Self by David Godman , p 214
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha