Author Topic: How Can A Foreigner Stay In Tiruvannamali Long Term?  (Read 795 times)

Orihh

• View Profile
How Can A Foreigner Stay In Tiruvannamali Long Term?
« on: January 31, 2017, 05:06:41 PM »
Hi,

I plan on coming to Arunachala to do sadhana at the gate of Mathru Sri Sarada's residence in a few months (I'm don't know for how long), but I'm unsure of the options I have in terms of living and accommodation.  Are there any farms or projects that offer lodging and food in exchange for work?  Are there any ashrams that do that?  How do foreigners usually support themselves in Tiruvannamali for the long term? 

Om Namo Saradamma

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: How Can A Foreigner Stay In Tiruvannamali Long Term?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 01:36:37 PM »
Dear friend,

There are certain rules for foreign travellers to stay in India.  These are restrictions
fixed by Government of India.  You may get the details from Sri Ramanasramam.
You can stay for a long time, after fulfilling the conditions of Government of India.

As regards stay in Tiruvannamalai, you can stay in any lodge (safe for women)
or in a house where the owner permits you stay after seeing that the above conditions
of Government of India are fulfilled by you.

All the details n the previous paragraph can also be obtained from Sri Ramanasramam.

You can stay in Mathru Sarada's residence also, after fulfilling the above conditions.

Arunachala Siva.   

« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 01:40:00 PM by Subramanian.R »

Orihh

• View Profile
Re: How Can A Foreigner Stay In Tiruvannamali Long Term?
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 07:52:55 PM »
I am now preparing for my trip to Arunachala in June, and I've just noticed you mentioned the possibility of staying at Mathru Sri Sarada's residence.  Out of curiosity, can you give me more details about this?

Many thanks.
Om Namo Saradamma