Author Topic: strange confusion on arunachala shiva mantra  (Read 4691 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
strange confusion on arunachala shiva mantra
« on: November 05, 2013, 10:09:46 PM »
off late, my multicomplex mind has invented a new problem to torture itself  :(  :(

It is this:

the mantra "arunachala shiva" is no doubt very powerful.

but I feel disturbed when people develop their ego subtly by comparing it with om nama shivaya.

secondly,  people also develop their ego by comparing arunachala sthala to other sacred places of Shiva.

In my opinion,  all sacred places are only Arunachala and all mantra are also only Arunachala Shiva.

So these type of comparisions are simply our ego tricks to feel superior just because we have started our path on Arunachala.

It is happy and fortunate state to be a slave of Arunachala,  but if one starts feeling superior because of that,  then there again arises the ego problem.

But still the moment I start chanting arunachala shiva mantra, all these thoughts go in background of my mind and I am losing peace. 

Others here -- please share how you worship other great sacred places of Shiva.

My approach is:  to chant arunachala shiva wherever siva temple I go.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: strange confusion on arunachala shiva mantra
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 08:31:56 AM »
Dear Krishnan,

A-ru-na-cha-la-m (amatra) and Namasivaya are both Panchakshras.  Both have the same efficacy.

Arunachala Siva.

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 02:30:39 AM »
Dear All,

Initially when I was new to Arunachala, I have been informed by my friend(who introduced me first about the hill) that chanting Arunachaleshwaraya namaha once is equal to 100 times of namah shivaya. He suggested me to do the japa when I am doing pradakshina.

Never tried to think on it much comparing with namah shivaya, but personally I feel Arunachaleshwaraya namaha is more powerful, one strong reason could be that since we are all devotees of Arunachala, anything associated with it could be very effective.

Om Arunaachaleshwaraaya Namaha!

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 07:25:51 AM »
Dear Krishnan,
Try to listen to  Micheal James on you tube.He explains that everything is the mind's tricks.
We somehow have to focus on the attention on self ,and japa and other practices should be when for some reason,we decide that at this moment it is difficult to resort to self enquiry.
But return to self enquiry is must.As far as any thought of superiority over being close to Arunachala is concerned, we should quickly discard since as you have mentioned each place has its significance, each place is an Arunachala for someone.
But for us Arunachala is special and we should hold onto its memory in some way, as another form of self enquiry .
Regards,
Anand Sundaram.
Sundaram Anand

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 09:37:06 AM »
Dear Krishnan,

One more advantage is, that Namasivaya mantra requires initiation.  But Arunachala Siva has been initiated to all
Ramana bhkatas by Sri Bhagavan.

Arunachala Siva.   

blissboy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 04:00:31 AM »
  The words 'Smaranat Arunachalam' mean 'by remembering Arunachala', and they occur in the very same Sanskrit verse that says that by dying in Kasi one will attain liberation. Bhagavan then turned to the revolving bookcase by his side and took out a book,probably the Arunachala Mahatmyam. Opening it as if at random, he read out a sentence in Tamil that said, 'One ''Arunachala'' is equal power to one crore ''Om Nama Sivaya'''.

http://davidgodman.org/asaints/powerofa1.shtml#ftnref4