Author Topic: Lakshmana Swami  (Read 641 times)

Jyoti

• View Profile
Lakshmana Swami
« on: March 01, 2017, 08:01:15 AM »
Somwhere I read that Lakshmana Swami reached the self by continuous repetition of Har Har Ramana until the ego-self vanished.
I tried to find the site where I read this but without success.
Does someone know if it is true?

ksksat27

• View Profile
Re: Lakshmana Swami
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 01:43:45 PM »
Hi  Jyoti

I am also devotee of Sri Lakshmana Swami and Saradamma though my main focus is on Arunachala and Ramana Maharshi.

Lakshmana Swami was first doing japa of Lord Rama name .  Later after he met Guru Ramana,  he changed his japa from hare rama to hare ramana.

Lakshmana Swami was intensely focusing on Sri Ramana's form and doing this japa during his intense malarial attack.

That time he made a strong vow not to die before seeing Ramana Maharishee.

With his intense Guru Bhakthi and already advanced pranayama, yogic practices and sense control he was in a ripe state.

Then he came to Ramanasramam during vijaya dasami celebrations time.   That evening, Ramana Maharishee ordered Muruganar to sit next to Lakshmana Swami sensing that Swami is close to realization.

With intense enquiry of who am I , spontaneously appearing, Lakshmana realized the Self.  His nerves had strong churning reaction and he was not able to get up for 3 full hours.  Muruganar was watching him and asked in between ' are you ok'

then Lakshmana Swami left to his small hut and next day he gave a note to Bhagavan of his Self Realization.

Jyoti

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 09:13:47 PM »
Thank you, this I wanted to know.
Did you actually meet Lakshmana Swami/Mathru Sri Sarada?
I read they do not give darshan.

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 08:16:25 AM »
Jyoti

it is true that they don't give easy publich darshan anymore. ie after 2006 Dec.

But when I went in 2010 - 2012 time period, I was allowed to sit in their gate between 9 AM and 10 AM.

During Saradamma birthday, all were allowed to sit the whole day in their closed roof house gate.

Saradamma came out in her car for Giri Pradakshina.  She first smiled at me.  Later she looked very stirringly into my eyes for few seconds. 

This was in Nov 2011.

In Dec 25 2010, during Chirstmas , Lakshmana Swamy date of birth,  again , all were allowed to sit the whole day.

I was sitting with open eyes and viewed from very far distance that Sri Lakshmana Swamy was going walk in his garden with while dhoti covering his entire body.  Even then,  it had a forceful effect into my mind.

Spontaneously tears of joy came and I chanted jaya jaya shankara hara hara shankara.  somehow my mind equated his walking to adhi shankara walking in his yatra.

There are few other experiences which I cannot share in a forum.   David Godman's book describes their life and teachings.

Sri Lakshmana Swami is a gem of a pure saint and as so Saradamma.  there is no teaching, there is no ashram, there is no satsang, there is no disciple, there is no teacher, there is absolutely nothing out there.  Only Self remains in Arunachala Hrudhayam and only very very few sit at their gate.