Author Topic: Just a ordinary hill or a mountain!!  (Read 1739 times)

Vinod

• View Profile
Just a ordinary hill or a mountain!!
« on: September 04, 2016, 08:32:28 AM »
Dear All,

I am posting after a long time and I think few of them still remember me. Just few months ago I relocated to Canada and currently I am residing in Kamloops. This place is surrounded by hills and mountains and unfortunately there is no temple in this entire city. The only thing I can do for couple more years is to pray in my heart by saying Arunachala Shiva, Arunachala Shiva, Arunachala Shiva, Arunaachalaa!

The point I am trying to make here is, there is a mountain which resembles to our Arunachala and when ever I look at it I pray to it thinking it self as Arunachala.... I am not sure this act of mine is correct or not but "this one hill" out of many keeps reminding me that I am still with Arunachala and I keep praying when ever I look at it.

It might sound foolish or crazy coz no hill on this earth can be compared or resembles with our Arunachala as it is unique.

OM ARUNAACHALESHRAAYA NAMAHA!     

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: Just a ordinary hill or a mountain!!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 08:49:03 AM »
Does Distance Matter?

AFTER the devotee departed, Bhagavan turned towards us and said: ?People imagine that the devotees crowding around a Jnani get special favors from him. If a guru shows partiality, how can he be a Jnani? Is he so foolish as to be flattered by people?s attendance on him and the service they do? Does distance matter? The guru is pleased with him only who gives himself up entirely, who abandons his ego forever. Such a man is taken care of wherever he may be. He need not pray. God looks after him unasked. The frog lives by the side of the fragrant lotus, but it is the bee who gets the honey.? - Shantammal

அருணா சலமென வகமே நினைப்பவ
ரகத்தைவே ரறுப்பா யருணாசலா   (அ)

பொருள்:
அருணாசலா! தம் மனத்தில், அருணாசலமே நான் என்று அபேதமாகக் கருதும் அன்பர்தம் அகங்காரத்தை வேரோடு அறுப்பாய்.

Aru/nā/chala/mena
Aha/mē/ninaip/pavar
Aha/taivē/rarup/pāy
Arunā/chalā.

(a) Arunachala! Thou dost root out the ego of those who meditate on Thee in the heart, Oh Arunachala!
(b) Arunachala! Thou dost root out the ego of those who dwell on their (spiritual) identity with Thee, Oh Arunachala!

Dear Vinod, where ever we may be, its upto us how we live:

uddhared atmanatmanam
natmanam avasadayet
atmaiva hy atmano bandhur
atmaiva ripur atmanah

A man must elevate himself by his own mind, not degrade himself. The mind is the friend of the conditioned soul, and his enemy as well.

Wishing you the best.

--
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 08:50:41 AM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Sadhak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 10:09:49 AM »
On a related note.

Ittanuve  naanam enu-madiyai nitta
Buddhi idayatte porundi-yaha nokkal
Adduvida mamei aha-chudarkan gaibhu
Maddhi-yenum anna malai-chudarkan meiye.

Turning the mind inwards and merging it in the Heart to realize the real non dual light of the Self is the real significance of seeing the beacon on Annamalai.

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 05:45:19 AM »
Dear Nagaraj,

Thank you so much for such lovely and brief explanation. In fact before I got the Visa to come to Canada I was So fortunate to go to Tiru in Dec 2015 and thank god I visited then coz later when I got the Visa i had to rush here. I dont see any possibility to visit Tiru for other couple of years or even more coz of my education requirements. Its really hard for me coz I usually used to go to Tiru at least a couple of times a year from hyd and now I dont have anything apart from memories.   

I feel fortunate that I had the privilege to visit Tiru all these years.

OM ARUNAACHALESHWARAAYA NAMAHA!

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 07:55:00 PM »
Wish you all the best Vinod.

I found another ibstance by chance.
 Given below

As a European Countess was leaving for Europe tonight she requested him to bless her and her family. M.:  You  do  not  go  anywhere  away  from  the  Presence  as  you  imagine. The  Presence  is  everywhere.  The  body  moves  from  place  to  place; yet  it  does  not  leave  the  one Presence.  So no one can be out of sight of  the  Supreme  Presence.  Since  you  identify  one  body  with  Sri Bhagavan  and  another  body  with  yourself,  you  find  two  separate entities  and  speak  of  going  away  from  here.  Wherever  you  may be, you cannot leave ME. To  illustrate  it:  The  pictures  move  on  the  screen  in  a  cinema  show; but  does  the  screen  itself  move?  No.  The  Presence  is  the  screen: you,  I,  and  others  are  the  pictures.  The  individuals  may  move  but not the Self.
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

paul

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 02:00:29 AM »
Dear Vinod, I don't think it is a foolish idea at all. It is a good way to bring Arunachala to mind. I take solace in the following:

Lord Siva said: What cannot be acquired without great pains,  the true import of Vedanta (Self-Realization)  can be attained by anyone who looks at this hill from where it is visible, or even mentally thinks of it from afar.

It is taken from Arunachala Mahatmyam (Skanda Purana)

Your mountain in Canada is enabling you to think of Arunachala from afar.

I think it is a good thing.

From Paul.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 02:02:45 AM by paul »

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 09:24:51 AM »
Dear Nagaraj & Paul

Thank you so much for your kind & motivational words to keep my momentum going....

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 04:59:29 PM »
vinod

I have experienced such things...in a totally alien place like Canada we will feel very dry and home sick....we will definitely miss arunachala.  but that is the virago bhavam as described in the Ashtapadhi where Radha and Gopis long for Krishna.

This Viraga bhavam is the supreme state of devotion. it is the nectar of devotion which great sages also look forward.

so we only have to make best use of this situation and increase our devotion in this state of separation.

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 01:22:46 AM »
"virago bhavam as described in the Ashtapadhi where Radha and Gopis long for Krishna.

This Viraga bhavam is the supreme state of devotion. it is the nectar of devotion which great sages also look forward"

Perfect example of Radhey Shyam and Gopika's and good to know about Viraga bhavam. May be this is a phase of test in my life and need to go through it and come out successfully. some times the wait, patience and distance brings out more love!

Thank you KSK