Author Topic: How to increase Sattva?  (Read 883 times)

Orihh

• View Profile
How to increase Sattva?
« on: August 05, 2016, 02:04:36 AM »
Hello everyone!

How can one increase the level of sattva in their mental state besides eating sattvic food?  To what extent do we have control over the gunas of the mind? 
Om Namo Saradamma

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: How to increase Sattva?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 09:35:54 PM »
Orihh,

How can one increase the level of sattva in their mental state besides eating sattvic food?  To what extent do we have control over the gunas of the mind?

Can you come up with a more direct question please?What is the actual problem?Is it that you are unable to concentrate?Is it that you are unable to stop getting angry?Is it that you are unable to control your emotions?Are you looking for a way to organize your life in a better way?
Otherwise,the question is just hypothetical....and no satisfactory answer is possible.

Namaskar

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 09:40:17 PM »
Warmly recommend this book by Swami Sivananda-'Thought Power'.Please refer:
http://www.dlshq.org/download/thought_power.htm

Orihh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 11:05:07 PM »
Forgive me for not being clear.

I often find that my state of mind changes throughout the day, with some moments being very clear, calm, collected, and motivated.  Lately however, my mental status has been predominately tamasic.  I feel confused, hopeless, stuck, and without direction.  I could list many reasons for why this is (slacking in sadhana, provoking guilty feelings in myself, taking psychedelics, eating improperly, etc.), but I feel that if I were to change those reasons, that it wouldn't really make a difference. 

I know that by eating sattvic food, and by associating yourself with people who are on the path, that you can increase the sattvic qualities of the mind.  That you'll be more happy and clear-headed.  What I'm asking is, how far can you take this?  How much can one do to make their mind more sattvic?  What other things can one do to generate a more sattvic mind?
Om Namo Saradamma