Author Topic: SRI Graham Boyd - Sad News  (Read 5102 times)

Balaji

• View Profile
Re: SRI Graham Boyd - Sad News
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2016, 12:36:49 PM »
An articile from Saranagathi Newsletter, July 2016

Obituary: Graham Boyd

Born in Leeds on 13th July 1949, Graham came to the Ashram in the mid-1990s
and began work on archival photo negatives. Self-trained in sound and electrical
engineering, Graham was instrumental in introducing computers to Ashram and he
designed the Ashram's first two websites way back when website-designing was still
quite new. In his youth while working odd jobs, Graham struggled to find inner peace
amidst the entanglements of modern life. But in the early 1980s when he came across
Mouni Sadhu's In Days of Great Peace, his life changed overnight and he began to call
himself a devotee of Bhagavan Sri Ramana.

Graham was untiring in his service to the Ashram and among his many projects
were recording the Ashram Tamil Parayanam, digitising English publications, filming and
editing the biography on Bhagavan's life in the documentary entitled Eternal Light and other video project on
Arunachala Giripradakshina. His contribution in establishing the Archives was invaluable. It was Graham who
initiated the restoration of archival photographs of Sri Bhagavan that devotees the world over enjoy today. Ever
a friend of the poor, he quietly helped the needy.

Diagnosed with bone cancer in November 2015 and having undergone treatment in Chennai, Graham
was blessed to be able to live out his final days in Tiruvannamalai where he merged at the feet of Arunachala
on 16th June 2016 in the presence of friends and his daughter, Candice Faqir of Scarborough.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 12:41:18 PM by Balaji »
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2016, 06:24:00 PM »
Quote from Sri Ravi:

It just recalled to my mind what Sri Aurobindo once said:"No one can write about my life because it has not been on the surface for man to see".
This can be said about the inner spiritual being in every earnest sadhak....this inner development and position cannot be seen from outer activities and stances.

I love this thought,and find it quite beautiful and truthful. Inner life is most important of all,and no one can say with any certainty what happens in someone's heart and soul. Sure,it can be sensed from some gestures and similar,like Sri Ravi said,from that sensitivity and compassion. But it needs,also, very sensitive and perspicacious eye to see all this. Our heart and being has a much greater depth and richness,that even we ourselves cannot know it completely. It is known to itself only...

About meditation (from Mr Dennis Hartel's letter),well,meditation does not need to include certain posture,or spending time on some particular place with lots of people. I remember Sri Graham posts about his severe exercises for concentration,and talk of many hours spent in practice of selfenquiry. The real meditation is actually abidance,and it can and should be done all through the day. We could look at this person and could not at all discern he is meditating.
I believe it all comes in phases,and every period of time brings a little different approach.
When i think about it,i came to see that mind should not be brought to the point it begins to do some things automatically,and to made them just a habitual routine. Every practice,or meditation should be done with total absorbtion. Otherwise,it learns to camouflage itself very well...

it is this inner fire that is paramount and Graham had this in a great measure ....and this is the true 'Graham'.

I also saw him in this way...

And many thanks dear Sri Balaji for posting Sri Graham's picture!

With love,
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 06:27:26 PM by Jewell »

latha

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2016, 07:33:55 PM »
Dear Candice,

I was travelling in India and was not aware of the sad news until now. I pray to Bhagavan to give you strength. Sri Grahamji has done a wonderful service through this forum, among many other services. As Bhagavan's devotees spread around the world, we are thankful this forum has brought us all together. I am sure Sri Grahamji is at peace now, merged with Arunachala.

Please let us know if you need any help with the forum.

with love and prayers,
Latha

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

rajvarma

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2016, 04:03:02 PM »
Dear Candice,

Came upon the sad news only today. Also read the article on Graham in "The Maharshi."

Please accept my heartfelt condolences.

deva

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2016, 10:55:10 PM »
Dear Candice,

I am very sad to hear the news of Sri.Graham.I came to Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi a few years back and read a lot about his teachings from this forum.I am indebted to your father for this.I have also suggested this forum to many earnest seekers.

Sri.Graham will be in our hearts as long as we will live.I also thank you very much for taking up the responsibility to manage the forum.

Deva Kumar.K

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2017, 06:39:30 PM »

KAUMAARAM

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2017, 01:31:03 PM »
May Sri Graham Boyd attain Sadgati.  Om Shanti Om