Author Topic: The Ribhu Gita -Dr.Lingeswara Rao and Anil Sharma translations:  (Read 34207 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: The Ribhu Gita -Dr.Lingeswara Rao and Anil Sharma translations:
« Reply #255 on: March 04, 2017, 11:55:54 AM »
51. God is the one undivided essence.  'Ayam' is one word, atma is one word and Brahman is one word.

52.  The meaning of 'ayam' (this) is the individual; atma (the self) is said to be Isvara,
the import of 'asmi' (I am) is the undivided meaning - the state of the one undivided essence.

53.  Dual mode, witness mode, and the undivided mode - then, after the one undivided essence, be of the disposition 'I am He'. 

54.  Thus, the essential meaning of the four great aphorisms has been discussed. As such the statements are with adjuncts.  Hence only the implications are revealed.

55. Limited knowledge and such are the traits of the individual, and omniscience and such are that of Isvara.  The individual is the limited being with consciousness. 'Isvara am I' is an individual revelation.

56.  Renouncing everything as void, be of the conviction 'I am Brahman'. I am Brahman, there is no doubt of this. I am the embodiment of Being Awareness Bliss.

57.  Merging the 'I' with the Supreme, O great one, abide as your own self.  All of this is one great illusion, non existent. There is no doubt of this.

58.  All is naught.  There is no doubt of this. All is Brahman. There is no doubt of
this.  The undivided essence is unitary.  That I am.  Of this there is no doubt. This form of vastness is Brahman. I am that Brahman. There is no doubt of this.

59. Suta: This universe, which has arisen from the face of Brahman who is an
emanation from Siva, is miserable as it involves creation and destruction.  Therefore, be enlightened, inspired by ideals suffused with sublime and lofty sentiments, and by knowledge born of instruction and experience.  Those who have their bodies besmeared with ashes, and with a heart overflowing with love and joy, adore the one who sports snakes as refined ornaments and who roams free amidst the celestial garden called the universe.

Thus concludes the chapter 31 entitled 'Topic of the determination of the meaning of the great aphorisms' in the sixth amsa called Sankara of Sri Siva Rahasyam.

concluded.

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 05, 2017, 11:59:46 AM »
Chapter 32:

1. Ribhu: I shall reiterate upon the renunciation of the unreal and, indeed, certainty in Brahman too.  Just by hearing this, man becomes liberated at once.

2. The existence of thought force, the existence of mind, the existence of Brahman,
the existence of any different state -- are all illusory.  There is no doubt of this. I am only Brahman.  There is no uncertainty about this.

3. The existence of body, the existence of signs, the existence of thoughts, the existence of the undecaying state are all illusory.  There is no doubt of this.  I am only Brahman.  There is no doubt of this.

4.  The seen, the seeing, the seer, the doer, the inspirer of action, and the deed, -- are all illusory.  There is no doubt of this. I am only Brahman - There is no uncertainty about this.

5.  Oneness, double, separateness, concepts such as existence and non existence -- are all illusory.  There is no doubt of this, I am only Brahman.  There is no uncertainty about this.

6.  Variance in the texts, variance in the Vedas, the different concepts of liberation -are all illusory. There is no doubt of this.  I am only Brahman.  There is no uncertainty
about this.

7. The distinctions of species, the variance of caste, definitions of purity and impurity
-- are all illusory.  There is no doubt of this. I am only Brahman.  There is no uncertainty about this.

8. The mode of undivided form, the supreme and undivided essence, -- are all illusory.
There is no doubt of this.  I am only Brahman. There is no uncertainty about this.

9.  Contradictory thoughts of high and the low and opposing thoughts on virtue and sin -- are all illusory.  There is no doubt of this. I am only Brahman.  There is no uncertainty about this.

10.  The duality of the imaginary and the non imaginary, the concepts of mental imagery -- are all illusory.  There is no doubt of this. I am only Brahman. There is no uncertainty about this.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.                       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 06, 2017, 01:15:01 PM »
11.  The attained, the attainable, and the means thereof, destruction, the disposition
as Brahman - are all illusory.  There is no doubt of this. I am only Brahman.  There is no uncertainty about this.

12. Knowledge of the Self is the function of the mind - where from can it arise in the absence of mind?  All are illusory. There is no doubt of this. I am only Brahman.  There is no uncertainty about this.

13. Ignorance too is a function of the mind - where from can it arise in its absence?  All are illusory.  There is no doubt of this. I am only Brahman.  There is no uncertainty about this.

14. Control of mind and control of senses are functions of mind - in the absence of which where from can they arise?  All are illusory.  There is no doubt of this. I am only Brahman.  There is no uncertainty about this.

15.  Bondage and emancipation are a function of the mind.  In its absence where from do they arise?  All are illusory.  There is no doubt of this. I am only Brahman.  There is no uncertainty about this.

16. All is illusory.  The world is illusory. The body is illusory due to insentience. All are illusory.  There is no doubt of this. I am only Brahman. There is no uncertainty about this.

17.  The realm of Brahman is ever illusory. It is only a form of intellect.  All are illusory. There is no doubt of this.  I am only Brahman.  There is no uncertainty about this.

18.  The sphere of Vishnu is ever illusory.  It is always auspicious indeed.  All are illusory.  There is no doubt of this.  I am only Brahman.  There is no uncertainty about this.

19. The region of Rudra is ever illusory.  It is of the nature of egoism.  All are illusory.
There is no doubt of this. I am only Brahman.  There is no uncertainty about this.

20.  The plane of the moon is ever illusory.  It is the fabricated form of the mind. All are illusory.  There is no doubt of this.  I am only Brahman.  There is no uncertainty about this.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.               

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 07, 2017, 11:19:04 AM »
21.  The world of the cardinal directions is ever illusory.  It is associated with ear and sound.  All are illusory. There is no doubt of this.  I am only Brahman.  There is no uncertainty about this.

22.  The world of the Sun is ever illusory. It is an association of eye and form. All are illusory.  There is no doubt of this. I am only Brahman.  There is no uncertainty about this.

23.  The world of Varuna (waters) is ever associated with tongue and taste. All are illusory. There is no doubt of this. I am only Brahman. There is no uncertainty about this.

24.  The world of Vayu (air) is ever illusory.  It is associated with skin and touch.  All are illusory. There is no doubt of this. I am only Brahman.  There is no uncertainty about this.

25.  The world of Asvins is associated with the duality of smell and nose. All are illusory. There is no doubt of this. I am only Brahman.  There is no uncertainty about this.

26.  The world of Agni (fire)m is ever illusory. It is associated with speech and utterances. All are illusory.  There is no doubt of this.  I am only Brahman. There is no uncertainty about this.

27.  The world of Indra is ever illusory. It is associated with hands and feet. All are illusory.  There is no doubt of this. I am only Brahman. There is no uncertainty about this.

28.  The great world of Upandra (Vamana Vishnu) is associated with feet and motion. All are illusory.  There is no doubt of this. I am only Brahman. There is no uncertainty
about this.

29. Death never is, associated with anus, the organ of excretion. All is illusory. There is no doubt of this. I am only Brahman.  There is no uncertainty about this.

30. The lofty world of Prajapati (Manes) is associated with the pleasure of private organs.  All is illusory. There is no doubt of this. I am only Brahman.  There is no uncertainty about this.         

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.             

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 08, 2017, 12:22:46 PM »
31.  All is illusory.  There is no doubt of this.  All is certainly the Self.  Forbearance, deep meditation, earnestness and the utterances of teacher,

32. the longing for liberation and emancipation, the ideal of living for liberation, the definition that one endowed with the four types of spiritual practice is the qualified one,

33.  the ideal of the unification of the individual and Brahman, the certitude that the wide expanse is Brahman, the Vedantic teaching of Brahman and the teacher, -- are all said to be bondage.

34.  The divestment of all forms of Knowledge results in the attainment of Bliss. Thus have proclaimed the primal utterances, the Vedas, that all is unreal, ever.

35.  All forms of words and their imports, and even the conclusive conviction, are unreal. Brahman alone is the supreme Truth.  All else is untrue, ever.

36. Listening to innumerable saying and inquiring into their significance is all illusory.
There is no doubt of this.  I am only Brahman.  There is no uncertainty about this.

37.  It is said that the words pertaining to the study of Brahman are indeed great. All of this is revealed at the time of initiation into Brahma Jnana.  There is no doubt.

38. 'Brahman alone am I', 'this duality', concepts regarding the existence of mind, 'awareness alone am I', 'this is duality', concepts of the individual and Brahman,

39. the mantras 'I am just Consciousness' or the thoughts on cause and effect, Knowledge of the undecaying joy, the one undivided essence, without a second.

40.  'The supreme is Brahman', 'This is Brahman', 'The peaceful Brahman is itself the world', Knowledge relating to the internal senses, the subjugation of the external senses,

41.  all appointed times for instruction, identity, residue, the lofty emanation, earth,
water, fire, air, space, mind and intellect,

42.  cause and diversity of effects, interpretations of the scriptural methods, utterances such as 'I am Brahman', 'This is Brahman' and All is Brahman'-

43. none of these are of the nature of Reality, not even in the least. There is never anything in the name of truth. Doubt, contradiction, and the cause of will are only misapprehension.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.                           

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 09, 2017, 12:36:42 PM »
44. There is nothing in the least apart from the Self.  All is illusory.  There is no doubt
of this. The great ones of the present, those who undertake Mantras, clarity of intellect,
auspiciousness and inauspiciousness,

45.  diversity in place, diversity in objects and diversity in consciousness are naught.
Concepts of separateness from the Self, determination of separateness from the Self,

46.  name and form other than the Self, auspiciousness and inauspiciousness apart from the Self, reality of things outside the Self, the triad of worlds apart from the Self,

47. joy and sorrow apart from the Self, thinking apart from the Self, the universe parted from the Self, victory and defeat other than the Self,

48. worship of God other than the Self, worship of Siva other than the Self, any great meditation apart from the Self, whatever progression of Knowledge outside the Self -

49. are all only illusory.  There is no doubt of this.  Brahman is all.  There is no uncertainty about this.  All this has been revealed by the Lord.  Ever contemplate on this, one pointedly. 

50.  Just by hearing this one's heart knot is put to an end, the karma of the ignorant ones is destroyed and the blessed ones certainly attain liberation.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 10, 2017, 10:31:15 AM »
51.  The horrendous sin of millions of births is reduced to ashes. This is the truth. This is the truth. Again and again, this is the truth.  Everything shall perish. Liberation dawns immediately.  There is no doubt of this.  There is neither auspiciousness nor inauspiciousness.

52.  For the one who has realized the unifying wisdom of the crest of the Vedas, the Upanishads, where is the appearance of variance, and where sorrow and delusion in the heart?  Even as the world is an emanation from Him, that Mahesa alone is its Life. He alone is its Life.  He alone abides in it just as the cobweb in the spider.

Thus concludes chapter 32 entitled 'Topic of the determination of the illusory nature of all', in the sixth amsa called Sri Sankara of Sri Siva Rahasyam.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 11, 2017, 10:46:48 AM »
Chapter 33:

1. Ribhu: I tell you, the supreme Brahman alone is.  This word is ungenerated.  I am only the state of Being and Bliss.  This world is ungenerated.

2. I am only the self, the supreme Brahman, not the world that seen separate. I am only the state of Being and Bliss. The world is ungenerated.

3. I am only the state of Being and Bliss. I am the embodiment of the state of Awareness and Bliss. I alone am, I alone am, the only one.  I alone am higher than the highest.

4. Being Consciousness Bliss, this one am I, indeed,Brahman alone. I am, ever resplendent. Such a form from wherever, is unreal.

5. 'You' - this much is the supreme Brahman, the form full of Consciousness and Bliss.
The form of Consciousness, the expanse of consciousness; consciousness alone is the supreme joy.

6. I am only the Self, not the unreal.  I am the established, the supreme Guru.  There is no time. There is no world either, only erroneous conception.

7. I alone am the supreme Brahman. I alone am the ever existent Siva. I am only Pure Awareness, the experience of pure serenity.

8.  I am only non dual Bliss. I am inexhaustible, I am the great one. All is always only
Brahman. All is only blemishless Brahman.

9.  All is Brahman and naught else. All is Brahman, the sentient. I am of the form of the all illuminating. I am indeed the mind adorable to all.

10. I shine alone. I am without the attained and the unattained.  I am of the form of the indweller of all, with the characteristic of the all witnessing.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 12, 2017, 10:48:07 AM »
11.  It is certain that I am of the form of quiescence, inquiry and joy.  I am the supreme Self, the transcendental Light, the beyond and bereft of any other.   

12.  I am of the nature of the all-full. I am the infallible and the supreme self. I am of the nature of the Veda and the conclusion of all the scriptures.

13. I am of the nature of the Bliss of the world, the definition of the essential happiness. All is indeed Brahman. There is no world.  Brahman is the cause of all.

14.  All is only Brahman, there is nothing purposeless.  All is Brahman, itself the best. I am the ever decay-less. I am the eternal, bestower of auspiciousness to all.

15. I am the light of Reality and Knowledge. I am the embodiment of the highest knowledge. I shine as the fourth and other than the fourth state. I am bereft of accomplishments, non accomplishments and the like.

16.  All is Brahman always.  All is Brahman, ceaselessly. All is Brahman, the space of consciousness, the eternal Brahman, the taint-less.

17.  All is Brahman, transcending qualities. All is just Brahman. All is only Brahman -
achieve this certitude always.

18.  Brahman is everything - be of this conviction always. All is Brahman - with this certainty be joyous.

19.  All is always Brahman - being and non being are Consciousness only.  There is no scope for arguments, none whatsoever, about duality or non duality here. There is no doubt of this.

20.  I am only absolute knowledge. It is certain that all is Brahman. I am He, more mysterious.  I am above qualities and without a second.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.                     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 13, 2017, 11:08:59 AM »
21.  Investigate into the comparisons and contrasts, and actions and inactions of things. I am if the form of Being Awareness Bliss. This world is ungenerated.

22. Brahman alone is all of this. This world is expanse of consciousness.  Brahman alone is the supreme bliss, the Lord, akin to all pervasive space.

23. Brahman is indeed Existence Awareness Bliss, ever unapproachable by speech.  Brahman alone is all of this. Some say it is, some say it is not.

24. Even an iota of Bliss, is real and unreal as well.  Brahman alone is all this  -- always just real, indeed.

25.  Brahman alone is all of this, a mass of Consciousness and Bliss, embodied. Brahman alone is being and reality.  I am the ancient and the great.

26. Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, stationed as the warp and woof. Brahman is indeed Existence Awareness Bliss, the form of all and the ancient.

27.  Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, the undiminishing, supreme Bliss. Brahman is indeed Existence Awareness Bliss, transcending the delusive power of
Maya and taintless.

28. Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, simply existence, joy of joys. Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, of the nature of unitary consciousness.

29.  Brahman is indeed, Being Awareness Bliss, bereft of all distinction. Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, abiding here as manifold forms.

30.  Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, the subject  and circumstance as well. Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, of the nature of transcendental Light.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.                                   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 14, 2017, 10:48:49 AM »
31.  Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, eternal, motionless and undiminishing.
Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, the frontier of words, the Essence that is.

32.  Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, the one self, ever the one self. Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, doing nothing, nor standing still.

33.  Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, neither going nor staying.  Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss. There is nothing in the least apart from Brahman.

34. Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, neither fair nor dark. Brahman is indeed
Being Awareness Bliss, the substratum of all and inexhaustible.

35.  Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, neither quiet nor garrulous. Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, neither you, nor I, nor anything in the least.

36. Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, beyond the beyond, ungenerated, Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, beyond the tattvas, (the twenty four cosmic principles), the grand celebration.

37.  Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, the supreme wide expanse. Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, always in the form of the Guru.

38.  Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, ever the blemishless form. Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, the vast and pure consciousness.

39.  Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, the self, shining by itself. Brahman is
indeed Being Awareness Bliss, the certitude and thus the cause of itself.

40. Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, shining by itself. Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, manifests as the manifold.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 15, 2017, 09:58:57 AM »
41.  Brahman alone is of the form of Being Awareness, of the nature of the seat of the delusion.  Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss.  All is naught, non existent for me.

42.  Brahman is beyond the expression of words, the embodiment of Being Awareness Bliss.  I am the form of Being Awareness Bliss.  This world is never generated.

43.  Brahman alone is this, always real, eternally free and taint-less. Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, the only one, ever joyous.

44. Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, more perfect than the most perfect and the great. Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, the all pervading Lord.

45.  Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, luminous with name and form. Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, the pure and endless joy.

46.  Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, the bestower of the highest joy.  Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, just being, beyond real and unreal.

47.  Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, transcending all and undiminishing.
Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, of the form of liberation, the auspicious and inauspicious.

48. Brahman is indeed Being Awareness Bliss, not in the least limited whatsoever. Brahman is all of this, pure, enlightened and stainless.

49,50.  I am of the form of Being Awareness Bliss.  This world is unmanifest.  This chapter is the Truth, and the bestower of instantaneous liberation. It is the remover of all forms of sorrow and the giver of complete knowledge, bringing about perennial joy;
the giver of peace and self control.

51.  One whose heart is like the honey bee constantly engaged in the enjoyment of the lotus feet of the Great Lord, the killer of Death,  -- at whose stainless and divine feet celestial beings in multitudes bow in veneration, and who is the sole cause of creation - he shall become worthy of His Grace.

Thus concludes chapter 33 entitled 'Topic of the form of Being Awareness Bliss' in the sixth amsa called Sankara of Sri Siva Rahasyam.

concluded.

Arunachala Siva.         

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 16, 2017, 12:17:54 PM »
Chapter 34:

1. Ribhu: Listen to the knowledge of Brahman, the wondrous, the most hard to attain, a single hearing of which is enough to bestow the supreme liberation.

2. Truly, truly, the world does not exist and so not do thought, understanding and the like.  The knowledge of Brahman alone is by itself, ever, eternally brimming with bliss;

3. blissful, inexhaustible, peaceful, uniform and painless. The world of mind does not exist. Neither is there activity in reality.

4.  The concept of the world is non existent, nor is there any form in the least to be seen.  Thought and its activity are of the form of unreality.  The world is verily naught.

5. All is thus indeed unreal. Unreal also are the time and Isvara.  The world is a concept, likened to the fear of a son of a barren woman.

6.  The world appears in front of me like the peak of a castle built in air. The world would exist if one could quench one's thirst from a mirage.

7. This world is like the instance in which a man is killed by the peak of a hill and not an arrow.  If the imaginary castle is true, so would be the world always true.

8.  Like the blue color of the sky reflecting in the ocean the world seems to become real. The world is indeed true, if the silver in the pearl oyster could become a real ornament.

9. The recurrent world becomes evident just like the man dying from fear of a rope,
mistaking it to be a serpent, or even as an arrow of flowers quench a raging fire.

10.  The world exists if cooking were possible using the green trunk of banana plant as fuel.  The eternally blissful Brahman is ever by itself alone.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.         

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 17, 2017, 10:39:02 AM »
11.  If the babies mature instantaneously, the world too can be real.  The eternally blissful Brahman is ever by itself alone.

12.  The world can arise if a crow can find food in an imaginary forests, or, if the explanation of a powerful Mantra could take place as a pleasing, light conversation.

13.  The world would exist, if a human dead a month ago comes back alive. If buttermilk can revert to milk, we can say the world can also occur by and by.

14.  The world would be real if the milk arising from a cow's udder were to flow back into the source.  Let the world be real if clouds can be formed from dust.

15. The world would be if a rutting elephant could be rendered by the hairs of a tortoise.  The world exists if the mount Meru could be moved by the tendrils of a lotus stalk.

16.  This world would be if the ocean could be held by a garland of waves. The world would exist if a lotus could flourish amidst a circle of firms.

17. The world would be if a huge mountain becomes the abode of Indra. The perpetually blissful Brahman is ever by itself alone.

18.  The world is existent if a fish were to rest inside the lotus, or, if a tiny wave could engulf the ocean or if the mount Meru were to have a tail.

19.  The creation would be if a lion was killed and consumed by a mosquito.  The world would be if the triad of worlds was to fit into the nook of an atom.

20.  The world exists if an object in dream stays put in the waking state.  The world can always be if a speeding river were to stand still.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.                     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 18, 2017, 12:18:03 PM »
21.  The world would be if one who is blind by birth becomes an expert in the evaluation of gems.  The world exists if the eclipse (Rahu) can be seen without the sun and the moon.

22. The mental creation would be if defective seed were to germinate. The world would exist, if the destitute were to enjoy the pleasures of the affluent.

23.  The world would exist if the milk that has been milked could revert to its source or if there were a reflection in the mirror without any object.

24.  If there were a reflection in the vacant sky, the world would exist.  An elephant cannot be born from the womb of a ram, so too there is no world in the Self.

25.  Just as the filament of cobweb are  product of a spider, so is the world full of Brahman (from which it has arisen).  Just as the cotton, upon burning, does not leave any residue, so too is the world non existent.

26.  Brahman is supreme, the light transcendental, beyond the transcendental and beyond all.  Differential knowledge and concepts of duality or non duality do not exist.

27. If the modes of mind which alone are the afflictions of the world exist, so would be their destruction. If bondage, which is the result of thought, should ever exist, resort to the contemplation on Brahman.

28. The concept of duality arises with ignorance, action, body and such.  Mind is the chronic disease.  Should it prevail, resort to the antidote called Brahman.

29. If 'I' becomes an enemy, be of the disposition 'I am Brahman alone'. If there should be affliction 'I am the body', counter it with the conviction 'I am Brahman.'

30.  If there is the devil of doubt, destroy it by Brahman itself. If possessed by the ghost of duality take refuge in the sacred ashes of non duality.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.