Author Topic: The Ribhu Gita -Dr.Lingeswara Rao and Anil Sharma translations:  (Read 24635 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: The Ribhu Gita -Dr.Lingeswara Rao and Anil Sharma translations:
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2016, 11:11:31 AM »
53.  The Mantra - I am Brahman am I - destroys the disease called lust. The Mantra - I am Brahman
am I - destroys the disease called anger.

54.  The Mantra - I am Brahman am I - destroys the defect of brooding. The Mantra - I am Brahman
am I - also destroys volition. 

55.  The Mantra - I am Brahman am I - destroys the sorrow called 'this' (non self).  The mantra -
I am Brahman am I - destroys the impurity called lack of discrimination.

56. The Mantra - I am Brahman am I - annihilates ignorance.   The Mantra - I am Brahman am I -
destroys crores of blemishes.

57.  The Mantra - I am Brahman am I - destroys all rituals.  The Mantra - I am Brahman am I -
expunges the mistaken identity with the body.

58.  The Mantra - I am Brahman am I - destroys the seen and the unseen.  The Mantra - I am
Brahman am I - illumines the knowledge of the Self.

59.  The Mantra - I am Brahman am I - is the bestower of success in the realm of the Self.
The Mantra - I am Brahman am I - is the destroyer of unreality and such.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2016, 11:16:22 AM »
60.  The Mantra - I am Brahman am I - destroys all otherness.  The Mantra - I am Brahman am I -
is the granter of undisputable hallowedness.

61.  The Mantra - I am Brahman am I - wipes out the knowledge of non self.  The Mantra - I am
Brahman am I - confers the Bliss of Knowledge.

62.  The seven crores of great Mantras bring in their train crores of birth.  Therefore, renouncing
all the Mantras one must resort to the repetition of this one Mantra.

63.  One attains liberation instantly.  There is no doubt for me about this.  This is the secret of the
countless Vedas pronounced in the chapter of Mantras.  Whoever hears this even once becomes
Brahman oneself.

64.  Isa, the Lord, is the One who is ever Blissful, the source of supreme joy, the eternal, the one from
whom the world full of sorrow arises and shines inseparable from Him.  Such a one is unattainable
through speech, mind, hosts of senses or the body.  He is inscrutable, the doctor for the world disease.
He is the sovereign Lord.  The pure intellect which perceives this attains freedom.

The chapter 9, entitled 'Determination of I am Brahman' in the Sixth amsa called Sankara of
Sri Siva Rahasyam is concluded.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2016, 11:15:53 AM »
Chapter 10:

1. Ribhu:

Listen to my words, Nidagha!  I shall describe tarpana - the daily water offering (libation).  This is very
difficult for humans to come by in the Vedas and Sastras.

2. The world does not exist, ever.  Something to be referred to as 'this' does not exist.  Brahman alone
is, being ever perfect.   This alone is tarpana to Brahman.

3.  I am Brahman with form.  Even Existence Consciousness Bliss am I.  I am a solid mass of Bliss -
such alone is tarpana to Brahman.

4. I am always the complete Void.  I am ever with the one with Bliss of the Self.  I am of the eternal
and fleeting forms.  This alone can be tarpana to Brahman.

5.  I alone am the expanse of consciousness.  I am ever the space of the Self.  I am satisfied within
myself.  This alone is tarpana to Brahman. 

6.  I am devoid of the numeration such as one.  I am formless.  I am non dual.  I am of the form
that is eternally pure. This alone is tarpana to Brahman.

7.  Subtler than space am I. I am totally non existent.  I am of the form of the all-shining.  This alone
is tarpana to Brahman.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2016, 11:05:34 AM »
8.  I am of the nature of he supreme Brahman.  I am Bliss - high and low.  I am only of the nature of
satra - the sacred oblation, devoid of seer, seen and such.

9.  Whatever little there be, I am not.  I am the profound silence, here.  I am the nature of perfect
freedom.   This alone is tarpana to Brahman.

10.  I am of the form of all blissfulness.  I am always the joy of knowledge.  I am of the form of wisdom
only.  This alone is tarpana to Brahman. 

11.  All this is just Brahman only.  Nothing else is, anywhere, I swear!  That alone am I.  No doubt
This alone is tarpana to Brahman.

12. "Thou art thus", 'That is such"- not even a trace of such exists. I am only pure Awareness -

13.  I am of the form of absolute non existence.  I alone am the higher than the most high.  I alone
am Bliss and nothing else.  This alone is tarpana to Brahman.

14.  'This is all gold" - there is not an iota of such a thing.  I promise you.  I am of the form of joy
devoid of qualities.  This alone is tarpana to Brahman.

15.  I am never a witness, being devoid of witness and being of the nature of Brahman alone.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2016, 10:46:03 AM »
16. I am without any outstanding qualities.  I alone am the one with name. I am myself non delusion.

17.  I am of the form without the senses.  I am of the form that is stripped of everything.  I am without
bondage and liberation.  This alone is tarpana to Brahman.

18.  I am of the form that is all blissful.  I am one solid mass of all round Bliss.  I am only the ever present
consciousness.  This alone is tarpana to Brahman.

19. I am beyond the scope of speech.  Speech and mind are not at all existent.  I am full of joy of
consciousness.   This alone is tarpana to Brahman.

20.  I am the perfect form everywhere.  I am happiness everywhere.  I am of the inconceivable
form everywhere.  This alone is tarpana to Brahman.

21.  I am of the form of contentment everywhere.  I am full of all encompassing Bliss.  I am of the nature
of complete void.  This alone is tarpana to Brahman.     

22. I am ever of the form that is by Me.  I am the supremely Blissful.  I am the one and the only.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2016, 10:53:24 AM »
23.  I am free.  I am of the form of liberation.  I transcend all kinds of silence.  I am of the form of complete
emancipation.  This alone is tarpana to Brahman.

24.  I am ever of the nature of the real.  I am ever the fourth state of transcendence.  I am of that form
which transcends the fourth state.  This alone is tarpana to Brahman.

25. I am Truth and Knowledge alone.  I am Truth alone and Blissful.  I am of the form that is devoid of
oscillation.  This alone is tarpana to Brahman.

26.  I am ever of the form of unborn only.  I am desire-less and stainless.  I am of the form of Brahman
knowledge.   This alone is tarpana to Brahman.

27.  Thus, the tarpana to Brahman has been told by me in this chapter.  The one who hears this even
once becomes Brahman oneself.

28.   I shall expound upon the daily homa fire sacrifice).  This is hard to find in all the Vedas.  It is
the essence of all the scriptures and non dual.  Listen with an attentive mind.

29.  I am Brahman.  I am pure.  I am eternal. I am the Lord.  I am of the form of significance of Om.
This is the rare homa.

30.  I am of the form of the Supreme Self.  I am the transcendental Bliss Supreme.  I am of the form of
Consciousness Bliss. This is the rare homa.         

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2016, 12:24:00 PM »
31.  I am of the form of eternal joy.  I am absolutely untainted only.  I am of the form of consciousness.
This is the rare homa.

32.  I am not of the form of anything in the least. I am not.  I am not He.  I am of the form divested of
activity.  This is the rare homa.

33.  I am not a part.  I am not a shadow.  I am not the mind, nor the senses.  I am neither intellect
nor the oscillation. This is the rare homa.

34. I am not of the form of body etc., I am devoid of triad etc., I am not of the form of waking and
dream. This is the rare homa.

35.  I have no listening, reflection and one pointed absorption.  I have not a whit to contemplate within.
This is the rare homa.

36, 37. The existence of mind is unreal. Any form of intellect is unreal.  Know that the ego is unreal.
The triad of time is unreal.  The triad of qualities is ever unreal.  This is the rare homa.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2016, 11:00:33 AM »
38.  Know that whatever is heard is unreal and whatever knowledge there is, is ever unreal.  All the
different theories are to be known as unreal.  This is the rare homa.

39.  Know that the myriads of forms are unreal.  Know that the multifarious colors are ever unreal.
Know that the various species are unreal.  This is the rare homa.

40.  Know the scriptural knowledge is unreal. The Vedic knowledge and religious austerities are unreal.
Know that the holy waters are all unreal.  This is the rare homa.

41. Know that the Guru and disciple are unreal.  The Mantra imparted by Guru then is unreal.
Whatever is there to be seen is to be known as unreal.  This is the rare homa.

42.  Know that all enjoyment is unreal and whatever is thought of is always unreal. Know that whatever
is seen is unreal.  This is the rare homa.

43. Know that all senses are unreal.  All the Mantras are also, thus, unreal.  Know that all the vital airs
are unreal.  This is the rare h9ma.

44. Know that life force (jiva) and body are unreal.  Verily, there is none of these in the transcendental
Brahman.  Know that all that is in me is unreal.  This is the rare homa.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2016, 10:35:22 AM »
45.  Know that what is seen and heard are unreal. The warp and the woof in me are unreal. 
Action and inaction are unreal.  This is the rare homa.

46. Know as unreal the attainment of that which is seen.  Happiness, indeed, is unreal.  Know
that all actions are unreal.  Such is the rare homa.

47.  Know that the all and the naught are unreal. Know that both perfection and imperfection are
unreal.  Pleasure and anguish are unreal.  This is the rare homa.

48. Even as righteousness is unreal, so are virtue and sin always unreal.  Know that profit and loss
are unreal.  Always the body is unreal, ever.

49.  Know that success is ever unreal. Vanity is ever unreal, always.  Know that something full of
mind as unreal, and so are doubt and certitude.

50.  Know that all sounds are unreal. All sense of touch is ever unreal.  Know that all form is unreal.
All tastes are ever unreal.

51.  Know that all smell is unreal.  All knowledge is ever unreal.  Know that past and future are
unreal.  The nature is said to be unreal.

52.  All is ever unreal. All cyclic creation is unreal.  All qualities are unreal only.  This is the rare homa.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2016, 11:04:51 AM »
53.  You are verily like the horn of a hare.  I am indeed like the horn of a hare.  All this is  like the
horn of a hare.  The interior is like the horn of a hare.

54.  Thus the explanation of homa of the Self has been told by me.  The one who hears even once
becomes Brahman oneself.

55. Skanda: 

Out of fear for Isvara - in whom the entire universe, the Lord's joyous feet, is established -
the sun and the moon shine.  The lightning, fire, gods of wind and rain worship Him in awe
and reverence.  In Him manifest the gods, the demons, the various life forms and even all that
is invisible during each cycle of creation.  For Him no action of the beings is so desirable as
contemplation on Him.

56.  Siva, though residing in the midst of beings of the world, because of His subtle nature cannot
be perceived by the regulation of inhalation and exhalations of breath, by the mind, by
reflection, by the intellect, by the five fold retention within the mind, by the withdrawal of mind
from objects or by countless utterances of the Vedas.  But He can be realized through the wise
counsel of the Guru by the one endowed with self control and devotion, and not by any other means.       

Thus concludes the chapter entitled Description of the two fold topics of abulation to Brahman and
oblation of the Self, in the sixth amsa called Sankara of Sri Siva Rahasyam.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.           
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 10:07:20 AM by Subramanian.R »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2016, 10:16:13 AM »
Chapter 11:

1. Ribhu:

I shall explain  the knowledge of Brahman and the traits of a Jivanmukta.  One who is firmly established
in the Self alone is referred to as a Jivanmukta.

2. I am thus Brahman alone.  Without doubt I am the Self.  One who is rooted in the conviction that
the consciousness is the Self is called a Jivanmukta.

3.  I am the consciousness that is the Self. I am the supreme Self. I am without qualities. I am
beyond the Supreme.  One who has such a conviction is called a Jivanmukta.

4. I am beyond the three fold bodies. I am the consciousness that is Brahman.  One whose ultimate
resolve is 'I am Brahman' is called a Jivanmukta.

5.  I am of the form of a solid mass of Bliss.  I am beyond the transcendental Bliss.  For whom the
consciousness is verily supernal Bliss is called a Jivanmukta.

6.  For whom there is no body and such, whose certitude is in Brahman, who is filled with transcendental
Bliss is called a Jivanmukta.

7.  For whom there is no trace of ego, who is established in consciousness alone, who is the supreme
Bliss and who rejoices in Bliss is called a Jivanmukta.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2016, 12:13:00 PM »
8.  One whose finality is consciousness only, whose nature is consciousness alone, who does not recollect
otherness is called a Jivanmukta.

9.  One who is the perfect Self everywhere, who realizes the Self everywhere, who is the eternal and
perfect Self everywhere is called a Jivanmukta.

10.  One who is ever with the Supreme Self, who is resolved in the Self,  who is the form of Bliss,
and unmanifest is called a Jivanmukta.

11.  One whose self is pure and unitary, who is bereft of all attachment, who is serene as the ever blissful
Self is called a Jivanmukta.

12. One who is of unitary nature, the peaceful Self, divested of thoughts of separateness; one who is
devoid of even a trace of existence is called a Jivanmukta.

13.  I have no mind.  I have no intellect, egoism and senses. Such a one, being Brahman alone,
is called a Jivanmukta.

14.  I have no defects. I have no body.  I have no vital air.  I have nothing at all.  Whose final resolve
is such is called a Jivanmukta.

15.  I have no delusion.  I have no desire. I have no anger.  I am not another one.  I have not an iota
of this either.  Such a one is called a Jivanmukta.

16.  I have no demerits. I have no sex. I have no bondage or any world.  Such a one, who is always
blissful thus, is called a Jivanmukta.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.                   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 08, 2016, 10:43:27 AM »
17.  I have no ears, nor do I have nose.  I have no eyes nor do I have mind.  I have no tongue.  One
whose final certitude is thus called a Jivanmukta.

18.  I have no body.  I have no distinctive traits.  Neither do I have a cause.  I have no fourth state.
One who is rooted in oneself is called a Jivanmukta.

19.  All this is not mine at all; all that is none of mine either.  One who is settled as Brahman alone is
called a Jivanmukta.

20.  The world whatever, wherever, -  I have none of it in the least, I alone am - the one who is established
thus is called a Jivanmukta. 

21. I have no time.  I have no space.  I have no object.  I have no state.  I have no ablution. I have
no eating. Such a one is called a Jivanmukta.

22.  I have no holy waters.  I have no services.  I have no deity.  I have no shrine. One who is without
the absence of differences anywhere is called a Jivanmukta.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.               

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2016, 10:25:45 AM »
23.  I have no bondage.  I have no birth.  I have no knowledge.  I have no position.  I have no words.
One who is settled thus is called a Jivanmukta.

24. I have no merit.  I have no sin.  I have no body.  I have nothing auspicious.  I have nothing to see.
Such a sage is called a Jivanmukta.

25. I have no sound.  I have no touch.  I have no form.  I have no taste.  I have no life.  One who knows
thus is called a Jivanmukta. 

26.  I have no everything.  I have not the least of anything.  I have no vitality.  I have nothing anywhere.
I have no being.  I have no possession.  Such a one is called a Jivanmukta.

27.  I have nothing in liberation.  I have no duality.  I have no Vedas.  I have no duties. I have no distances.
The one who is settled thus is called a Jivanmukta.

28. I have no Guru.  I have no disciple.  I have no teaching. I have nothing supreme.  I have no object
anywhere that is exalted.  Such a one is called a Jivanmukta.

29.  I have no Brahma. I have no Vishnu.  I have no Rudra.  I have no sun.  I have no karma or object
in the least.  Such a one is called a Jivanmukta.

30.  I have no earth.  I have no water.  I have no light.  I have no space.  I have no duty.  One who
is settled thus is called a Jivanmukta.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2016, 10:01:10 AM »
31. I have no report.  I have no statement.  I have no lineage. I have no caste.  Learning there is none
for me.  Such a one is called a Jivanmukta.

32.  I have no vibration.  I have no sound.  I have no aim.  I have no worldly existence.  I have no
meditation.  One who is established thus is called a Jivanmukta.

33.  I have no cold.  I have no heat.  I have no delusion. I have no repetition of sacred sounds.  I have
no worship during dawn, noon and dusk.  One who is established thus is called a Jivanmukta.

34.  I have no repetition of sacred syllables.  I have no Mantra.  I have no fire worship.  I have no night
-- none of all these for me. One who is rooted thus is called a Jivanmukta.

35.  I have no fear.  I have no food too.  I have no thirst.  I have no hunger.  I have no self.  One who
is settled thus is called a Jivanmukta.

36.  I have no 'before'. I have no 'behind'. I have no 'above'.  I have no direction.  I have no mind. 
One who is thus resolved is called a Jivanmukta.

37.  I have nothing in the least to say.  I have not even a faint sound to hear.  I have nothing at all
to brood upon. Such a one is called a Jivanmukta.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.