Author Topic: The Ribhu Gita -Dr.Lingeswara Rao and Anil Sharma translations:  (Read 31445 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: The Ribhu Gita -Dr.Lingeswara Rao and Anil Sharma translations:
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2016, 11:29:30 AM »
24. When Siva destroys ever, Vishnu protects the three worlds, and verily the creator Brahma builds
the worlds, --- all these are like the horn of a hare.

25.  What is said to  be the soul, whatever speech uttered, and statements like 'this life cycle'  -- all
these are like the horn of a hare.

26.  Whatever is there in the Puranas, whatever established in the Vedas, the truths of entire Upanishads
are all like the horn of a hare.

27.  Whatever told to you in this chapter is all but a horn of a hare.  He who hears this secret himself
becomes Brahman.

28.  Listen well, O noble soul Nidagha!  The certitude that all is Brahman is hard to attain for men and even
for Gods.   

29.  Any form referred to as 'this', and again, as 'I' and whatever is seen, that is all Brahman alone.

30.  The notion 'this is body', that is verily fear itself, it is said.  In all the three periods of time, it is not.
All is Brahman alone.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2016, 11:35:10 AM »
31.  The notion 'I am the body'  is verily the inner faculty of cognition, it is said.  In all the three periods of time
it is not.  All is Brahman alone.

32.  The notion 'I am the body'--- that is verily the repetitive cycle of life, it is said.  In all the three periods
of time, it is not.  All is Brahman alone.

33. The notion 'I am the body'  - that is said here to be bondage.  In all the three periods of time it is not.
All is Brahman alone.

34.  The learning 'I am the body' is verily to be remembered as hell.  In all the three periods of time

35. The notion 'I am the body' is referred to as the whole world.  In all the three periods of time it is not.
All is Brahman alone.

36. The notion 'I am the body' is regarded as the 'heart knot'. In all the three periods of time it is not.
All is Brahman alone.           

37.  The notion that I am the threefold body is said to be the knowledge pertaining to body. In all the
three periods of time it is not.  All is Brahman alone.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2016, 09:51:33 AM »
38.  The notion 'I am the body' is verily the ideation of real and unreal.  In all the three periods of time

39.  The notion 'I am the body' is referred to here as the world of five elements.  In all the three periods
of time it is not.  All is Brahman alone.

40.  The notion 'I am the body' -- that itself is ignorance, it is said.  In all the three periods of time

41.  The assertion 'I am the body' is said to be impurities and impressions from past lives.  In all the
three periods of time it is not. All is Brahman alone.

42.  The assertion 'I am the body' -- truly that alone is the individual soul.  In all the three periods
of time it is not.  All is Brahman alone.

43.  The notion 'I am the body' is proclaimed as the supreme hell.  In all the three periods of time

44.  The assertion 'I am the body' is defined as mind only.  In all the three periods of time it is not.
All is Brahman alone.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2016, 10:28:32 AM »
45.  The assertion 'I am the body' is regarded as the limitation.  In all the three periods of time it is not.
All is Brahman alone.

46.  The understanding 'I am the body' is described as the all sorrowful.  In all the three periods of time

47. The knowledge 'I am the body' is talked about as the great mistouch.  In all the three periods of time
it is not. All is Brahman  alone.

48. The assertion 'I am the body' is remembered as verily death.  In all the three periods of time it is not.
All is Brahman alone.

49.  The assertion 'I am the body' is regarded as unpleasant.  In all the three periods of time, it is not.
All is Brahman alone.

50. The assertion 'I am the body'  is reminiscent as the great sin. In all the three periods of time, it is not.
All is Brahman alone.

51.  The assertion 'I am the body' -- that verily is overwhelming, it is said.  In all the three periods of
time it is not. All is Brahman alone.

52. The notion ' I am the body' is to be remembered as all faults. In all the three periods of time it is not.
All is  Brahman alone.         

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2016, 10:06:35 AM »
53.  The notion 'I am the body' is verily the blemish, it is said. In all the three periods of time, it is not.
All is Brahman alone.

54.  The notion 'I am the body' is said to be the great doubt.  In all the three periods of time it is not.

55,56:  Whatever trace of brooding is there of pain,
whatever trace of reminiscing is there of the world,
whatever trace of remembering is there of desire,
whatever trace of recollection is there of sin,
whatever trace of recapitulation is there of mind,
whatever trace of initiative there is
-- it is defined as the great disease.

57.  What whit of idea there is, is said to be of the great delusion.  What whit of idea there is,
is said to be the triad of afflictions.

58.  What whit of idea is there, is said to be lust and anger.  What whit of idea there is, said to be
attachment, and naught else.

59.  What whit of idea there is,  is said to be all sorrowful. What whit of idea there is, is said to be
the misapprehension about the reality of the world.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2016, 11:56:05 AM »
60.  What whit of idea there is,  is nothing but a great fault.  What whit of idea there is, is referred to
as the periods of time.

61.What whit of idea there is, is called name and form.  Wherever there be conception there is gross world.

62. Wherever there be conception that verily is unreal.  What little of idea there is, that is the world,
no doubt.

63. What trace of ideation there be, all of that is naught. Be certain of this.  Mind alone is the whole world.
Mind alone is the great adversary. 

64.  Mind alone is transmigration.  Mind alone is the threefold world.  Mind alone is great sorrow.
Mind alone is ageing etc.,

65.  Mind alone is time and mind itself taint.  Mind alone is will.  Mind alone is the individual.

66. Mind alone is pollution, ever.  Mind alone is magic.  Mind is itself illusion always.  Mind is like the
son of a barren woman.

67.  Mind itself never exists.  Mind itself inert always. Mind is verily thought and mind is egoism only.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2016, 10:53:17 AM »
68. Mind alone is a great bondage. Mind alone is the inner faculty.  Mind alone is the earth and the mind
alone waters.

69.  Mind alone is light and mind alone the mighty wind. Mind alone is space and mind alone sound.

70.  Mind alone is of the nature of touch.  Mind alone fabricates forms.  Mind alone is of the form
of essence. Mind alone is eulogized as smell.

71.  The sheath of food is of the form of mind.  The sheath of vital air is full of mind.  The sheath
of thoughts is of the form of mind.  The sheath of intellect is full of mind.

72. Mind alone is the sheath of bliss.  Mind alone is the waking state.  Mind is verily the dream state
and mind alone is the deep sleep state.

73.  Mind itself is the gods and others.  Mind alone is Yama  (restraint) etc., of the eight fold Yoga.
What little there is, is mind only.  Mind alone is full of mind.

74.  The cosmos is full of mind. This city (body) is full of mind.  This being is full of mind.  This
duality is full of mind.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2016, 01:49:06 AM »
75.  The species is full of mind.  This attribute is full of mind.  This scene is full of mind.  This insentience
is full of mind.

76.  Whatever there is, is full of mind.  That which exists as individual is full of mind.  Thought alone is
ignorance.  Thought alone is difference.

77. Thought alone is knowledge.  Thought alone is pairs of opposites.  Thought alone is time.
Thought alone is space.

78. Thought alone is body.  Thought alone is life force.  Thought alone is contemplation.  Thought alone
is listening.

79.  Thought alone is hell.  Heaven too is thought.   Thought alone is consciousness.  Thought alone
is contemplation of the Self.

80. The triviality is thought only.   Brahman is thought only.  What trifle there is, is thought alone.
That is naught, ever.

81. Thought alone is naught, naught alone.   The three worlds are naught, naught indeed. The Guru
is naught, naught indeed.  So too is sishya, the disciple, truly naught.

82.The body too is naught, non  existent.   The mind is not at all existent, never.  Even a trifle is
naught, naught ever.  The whole world is naught, naught.           

83.  The beings indeed are naught, naught indeed.  Everything is non existent indeed, no doubt.
Nidagha, this chapter titled 'All is naught' is revealed to you by me.  Whosoever hears this even once,
he becomes Brahman himself.

84.  The peace of mind attained by the Upanishadic knowledge, by the longing for the lotus feet of
moon-adorned Lord, by divesting oneself of the bondage called the forest of transmigratory life
comprising one's dear consort, sons and their own attachments, by renunciation and such spiritual
practices, by even an occasional meditation on Siva's feet, cannot be achieved by shrewd logic or
vociferous scholarship. 

85.  For those seers, in whom the endless phantasmagoria of the world has subsided and who abide
without free will, there are no states of waking, dream and deep sleep, and no life and death.

This concludes Chapter 8, entitled 'Determination of the world being void and the non existence
of all' in the sixth amsa entitled Sankara of Sri Siva Rahasyam.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2016, 11:36:44 AM »
Chapter 9:

1.  Nidagha:

Revered Master, where do you perform your sacred bath?  What is the mantra for ablution?  What is
the auspicious time for ablution and for offering of holy waters?  Please tell me. 

2. Ribhu:

The bath in the Self is the great ablution, the daily ablution and not anything else.  'I am Brahman'  -
This certitude alone is the great ablution.

3. I am of the form of the Supreme Brahman.  I am of Supreme Bliss.  I am of the form, 'I am Brahman'
-- this conviction indeed is the profound ablution.

4. I am of the form of knowledge. I am the Supreme alone. I am of the form of Peace only.  I am without
any impurities.   

5.  I am of the form of the eternal only.  I am imply the permanent.  This, indeed, is the supreme  Brahman.
I am Brahman alone.

6.  I am only of the nature of everything.  I am the leftover.  All this is verily Brahman.  I am Brahman
alone.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.         
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 11:45:52 AM by Subramanian.R »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2016, 11:25:58 AM »
7.  I am of the form that is denuded of everything.  I am the expanse of consciousness.  All is is verily
Brahman.  I am Brahman alone.

8.  I am of the form of the fourth state of transcendence alone.  I am that alone which transcends the
fourth state.  All this is, indeed, the Supreme Brahman.  I am Brahman alone.

9.  I am ever of the form of consciousness.  I am Existence Consciousness Bliss.  All this is, indeed, the
Supreme Brahman.  I am Brahman alone.

10. I am of the form of Unitary nature. I am ever of the form of the immaculate.  All this is, indeed,
the Supreme Brahman. I am Brahman alone.

11.  I am the purity of knowledge alone. I am alone. I am the beloved. All this is, indeed, the Supreme

12.  I am the unwavering alone.  I am of my own form alone.  All this is, indeed, the Supreme

13.  I am ever of the form of Satsanga.  I am always the supernal.  All this is, indeed, the Supreme

14.  I am ever of the form of singularity.  I am never the other than happiness.   All this is, indeed,
the Supreme Brahman.  I am Brahman alone.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2016, 10:40:02 AM »
15.  I am of the form that is unlimited.  i am endless Bliss.  All this is, indeed, the Supreme Brahman.
I am Brahman alone.

16. I am of the form of true happiness.  I am consciousness-Bliss transcendental.  All this is, indeed,

17.  I am of the form of endless Bliss.  I am unattainable by speech and mind. All this is, indeed, the
Supreme  Brahman.  I am Brahman alone.

18.  I am of the form of Brahmic Bliss.  I am the true Bliss, ever. All this is, indeed,  Supreme  Brahman.
I am Brahman alone.

19. I am of the form of Myself.  I am full of the Bliss of the Self.  All this is, the Supreme Brahman.
I am Brahman alone.

20.  I am of the form of Self effulgence.  I am the essence of the Self light. All this is, indeed, the Supreme
Brahman. I am Brahman alone.

21.  I am without beginning, middle or end.  I am like the sky.  All this is, indeed, the Supreme Brahman.
I am Brahman alone.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2016, 12:25:22 PM »
22.  I am of the form of eternal Being.  I am ever liberated, ever.  All this is, indeed, the Supreme Brahman.
I am Brahman alone.

23.  I am of the form that is ever full.  I am ever devoid of mind.  All this is, indeed, the Supreme Brahman.
I am Brahman alone.

24.  I am of the form of eternal Existence.  I am ever free always.  All this is, indeed the Supreme Brahman.
I am Brahman alone.

25.  I am of the form of eternal sound.  I am all transcending, always.  All this is, indeed, the Supreme

26.  I am of the form that transcends forms.  I am of the form of expanse.
All this is, indeed, the Supreme Brahman.  I am Brahman alone.

27.  I am of the form of joy of the Jivas.  I am the joy of language, always.  All this is, indeed, the Supreme

28.I am of the form that is seat of everything.  I am ever a solid mass of consciousness. All this is,
indeed, the Supreme Brahman.  I am Brahman alone.     

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2016, 10:44:36 AM »
29.  I am without any body awareness.  I am indeed devoid of thoughts. 
All this is, indeed, the Supreme Brahman. I am Brahman alone.

30.  I am without any thought of the body.  I am Mantra alone, ever am I.  All this is, indeed, the

31. I am devoid of all things seen.  I am of the form of the seen alone.  All this is, indeed, the Supreme

32. I am of the Absolute form, ever.  I am ever-full, ever satisfied always.  All this is,indeed, the

33. Of all this is Brahman alone.  I am awareness alone.  All this is, indeed, the Supreme Brahman.
I am Brahman alone.

34.  I am, indeed,  Myself. Naught else is known.  All this is, indeed, the Supreme Brahman.
I am Brahman alone.

35.  I am the great Self. I am the Support. All this is, indeed, the Supreme Brahman.  I am Brahman alone.

36. I am the great void - this is the highest mantra.  All this is, indeed, the Supreme Brahman.  I am
Brahman alone.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2016, 12:25:14 PM »
37. I alone shine as another.  I alone am as the body.  All this is, indeed, the Supreme Brahman.
I am Brahman alone.

38.  I shine as the disciple and three worlds.  All this is, indeed, the Supreme Brahman.  I am Brahman
alone.

39.  I am above the three periods of time. I am propitiated by the Vedas.  All this is, indeed, the
Supreme Brahman. I am Brahman alone. 

40.  I am defined in the scriptures.  I dwell in the mind. All this is, indeed, the Supreme Brahman.
I am Brahman alone.

41.  Excluding Me there is not even a trifle.  Excluding Me, even the earth is not. All this is, indeed,

42. There is no water outside Me -  This alone is the highest Mantra.  This, indeed, is Brahman.
I am Brahman alone.

43. I am Brahman.  I am pure.  Eternally pure am I, ever. I am without qualities.   I am without
craving.  This alone is the Superior Mantra.

44. I am of the form of Hari, Brahma, and others. I am devoid of even these distinctions.  I am
Brahman alone.  I alone am. I am unconquerable.

45.  I shine of My own, by Myself, verily by Myself and by naught else. I am rooted in Myself.  This
is the excellent Mantra.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2016, 11:30:27 AM »
46. I enjoy Myself.  I sport within Myself.  I am My own light.  I revel in Myself.

47. I Myself revel in My own Self.  I see My own Self - I am happy in Myself.  This verily is the best Mantra.

48. I am rooted in My own consciousness.   I sport in joy in the kingdom of My own Self.  I am seated
on the throne of My own Self.  This, indeed,  is the greatest Mantra.

49.  For the one who ever perceives the Mantra of the Self and who practices the knowledge of relating
to oneself, the mantra 'I am Brahman am I' destroys the sins pertaining to oneself.

50.  The Mantra - I am Brahman am I  - destroys the defect of duality.  The Mantra -  I am Brahman am I
-- destroys the sorrow of differentiation.

51.  The Mantra - I am Brahman am I - destroys the disease called thinking.   The Mantra -
I am Brahman am I - destroys the disease of intellect.

52.   The Mantra  - I am Brahman am I - destroys the physical and mental diseases.  The Mantra
-- I am Brahman am I -  destroys all worlds.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.