Author Topic: The Ribhu Gita -Dr.Lingeswara Rao and Anil Sharma translations:  (Read 31453 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: The Ribhu Gita -Dr.Lingeswara Rao and Anil Sharma translations:
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2016, 12:04:40 PM »
16.  The virtue of thought and the  manifold world are results of ignorance.  The multitudes of worlds
are all verily Brahman.  Be of this certitude.

17.  The concrete existence of the three worlds, the upsurge of goodness and falsehood, the wise words
repeated by the Masters are all verily Brahman.  Be of this conviction.

18.  The exalted and the base as well, the best the middling and 'That', the sacred syllable Om and the first
alphabet of Sanskrit are all Brahman.  Be of this certitude.

19.  Whatever appears as world, whatever is seen as world, whatever exists in the world - are all
Brahman, be sure. 

20..  Whatever is conveyed by any letter, whatever is compounded, whatever is derived by anything
--that is Brahman, be sure.

21. Whatever is uttered by anyone, whatever enjoyed by anyone and whatever proclaimed by anyone --
are all Brahman, be sure.

22.Whatever is granted by anyone, whatever done by anyone and whatever holy baths undertaken
-- are all Brahman, be sure.   

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2016, 12:40:56 PM »
23.  Wherever there be a holy act, whenever there can be an evil action, whatever is done by you
in truth -- are all illusory, be sure.

24.  All his and all of me are all Brahman, be sure.  Whatever little appears is all illusory, be sure.

25.  Ribhu:

Let me repeat to you the secret and that which is most wondrous, taught to Kumara by Sankara
on the Mount Kailasa.

26.  All is 'That'  alone, consciousness only and the undivided essence only, devoid of even the number
one.  All is awareness alone.

27.  This is all consciousness alone.  All is full of awareness indeed. The reflection of the Self too is
conscious alone.  All is full of awareness, indeed.

28.  All world is consciousness alone.  All is full of awareness indeed.  'You being' and 'my  being' too
are consciousness alone.  There is not a whit besides awareness.

29.  Space, earth, air, fire, Brahma, Hari.  Siva - the least whatever of these and even a trifle other than'
these too -- are all full of awareness indeed.'

30.  Whatever consciousness there is, that is all undivided essence alone.  The past and future are
consciousness only.  All is awareness indeed.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva..         

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2016, 01:56:15 PM »
31.  Matter and time are consciousness only.  Knowledge is full of consciousness indeed.  The knowable
and knowledge are awareness only.  All is only awareness indeed.

32.  Talk is consciousness alone and speech is full of consciousness indeed.  Truth and untruth are
consciousness alone.  All is indeed awareness only.

33.  The beginning and the end are consciousness alone.  By its very being, a thing is full of consciousness,
ever.  If there be Brahma, he is only awareness.  Vishnu is indeed consciousness alone.

34.   Even Rudra and the celestial beings are consciousness only. Likewise, humans, animals, gods and demons . Guru and disciple are Being, (Sat) alone.  Knowledge is indeed consciousness.

35. Even the seer and the seen are consciousness only.  So are the knower and the known. the fixed and
the unfixed.  All fabulous things are also consciousness alone.  The body is indeed only consciousness.

36.  Even the symbol is only consciousness and so are cause and effect. The form and formlessness and
thus, virtue and sin are also consciousness alone.

37.  Duality and non duality are consciousness only.  And so are the Vedas and the Vedanta. Even the
directions and the directionless, and their guardians are only consciousness.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2016, 01:40:36 PM »
38.  Transactions and such, past, future, and present are awareness only.  Name and form, beings and
worlds are only consciousness.

39. This prana is indeed consciousness only.  All the senses are awareness alone.  The five sheaths and
such only consciousness. Only consciousness is spoken of as bliss.

40.  The eternal and the ephemeral are consciousness only.  All is indeed consciousness only.  There is
nothing eternal but only consciousness. There is nothing truthful  but only consciousness. 

41. Even dispassion is consciousness.  'This' is consciousness only, you see!  The supports etc.,
are indeed awareness and so are the supported, O great one!

42.  Whatever and however much there is, is but consciousness only.  Whatever and however much is
seen far away is all indeed awareness alone.

43. Whatever and however many beings there be, whatever and however many are spoken of, whatever
and however much is said by the Vedas -- are all indeed awareness alone.

44.There is no bondage but consciousness alone.  There is liberation none but consciousness alone.
The only realty is but consciousness only.  This is the truth.  The only reality is but consciousness only.
This is the truth, verily the truth in the name of Siva.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.         

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2016, 11:13:35 AM »
45. All that is said in the three Vedas is all but consciousness only.  Whatever is explained by Siva to Kumara,
the same has been told to you.  The rare one who hears this even once become Brahman himself.

46, 47:  Suta:

I worship within the One whose body is space transcendent as per the Upanishad manta 'Isvavasya'
and such, and who dwells, in all  bodies.  The services offered to the Lord Isana Linga are symbolic
as follows:

bathing Him with 'abhisheka' liquids Who cannot be wetted,
offering garments to Him Who is clothed in space,
anointing Him with sandal paste Who has no sense of smell,
decorating Him with flowers Who has no sense of form or sight,
offering Him lamps Who is self luminous,
dedicating to Him 'naivedyam' foods  who is the ever contented
all devourer, and saluting Him who strides over the worlds.

For the supplications of love of mine, the serene sentiments of the crest of Vedas,
the Upanishads, are my authority.

48.  The ignorant offer ministrations employing all the prescribed articles without any lacunae.
The wise worship internally, in full consonance with the established injunctions.
Even though Isvara thus deludes the world ever, yet, He grants His state of Self to all those
worshipping Him with diverse attitudes.

The chapter 6, entitled 'Definition of the world as Being-consciousness', in the sixth amsa called
Sankara in Sri Siva Rahasyam is completed.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.             

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2016, 10:54:53 AM »
Chapter 7: 

1. Ribhu:  I shall explain to you that which is exceedingly marvelous, hard to obtain in all worlds and
the cream of Vedas and Sastras.  Indeed it is ever rare.

2.  Mantra is undivided unitary essence.  The result is undivided unitary essence.  Individual is
undivided unitary essence.  Action is undivided unitary essence.

3.  Earth is undivided unitary essence. Water is undivided unitary essence. Scent is undivided unitary
essence.  Space is undivided unitary essence.

4.  Sastras are undivided unitary essence.  Vedas are undivided unitary essence.  Brahman is undivided
unitary essence.  Religious vows are undivided unitary essence.

5. Vishnu is undivided unitary essence.  Siva is undivided unitary essence.  Brahma is undivided unitary
essence.  Celestial beings are undivided unitary essence. 

6.  Everything is undivided unitary essence.  Oneself is undivided unitary essence. Immanent Self is
undivided unitary essence. Guru is undivided unitary essence.

7.  The spoken matter is undivided unitary essence.  Effulgence is undivided unitary essence.  Body is
undivided unitary essence.  Mind is undivided unitary essence.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2016, 11:02:57 AM »
8.  Mind stuff (thoughts) is undivided unitary essence. Pleasure is undivided unitary essence.  Knowledge
is undivided unitary essence.  The inconsumable is undivided unitary essence.

9.  The permanent is undivided unitary essence. The beyond is undivided unitary essence.  The
infinitesimal is undivided unitary essence.  I am from undivided unitary essence.

10.  Existence is undivided unitary essence.  Non existence is verily undivided unitary essence.
The other is from undivided unitary essence. The transcendent is from undivided unitary essence.

11. The gross is from undivided unitary essence.  People are undivided unitary essence.  The subtle
is undivided essence.  The pair is undivided unitary essence.

12.  Non existence is undivided unitary essence.  Strength is undivided unitary essence.  The all
pervading is from undivided unitary essence.  The infinitesimal is undivided unitary essence.

13. Non existence is undivided unitary essence.  You are from undivided unitary essence.  Verily
the undivided unitary essence alone is.  'This' is from undivided unitary essence.

14.  Knowledge is from undivided essence.  The existing is undivided unitary essence.  The merged
is undivided unitary essence.  Father is undivided unitary essence.   

15.  Devotees are undivided unitary essence.  Husband is undivided unitary essence.  Mother is
undivided unitary essence.  The sovereign Lord is undivided unitary essence. 

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2016, 10:04:27 AM »
16.  The trunk is undivided unitary essence.  The head is undivided unitary essence. The nose is
undivided unitary essence.  The exterior is undivided unitary essence.

17.  The all-full is undivided unitary essence.  The immortal is undivided unitary essence.  The ear
is undivided unitary essence.  The home is undivided unitary essence.

18.  The confidential is undivided unitary essence.  Siva is undivided unitary essence.  Name is
undivided unitary essence.  The Sun is undivided unitary essence.

19.  The Moon is undivided unitary essence.  The Guru is undivided unitary essence.  The witness is
undivided unitary essence.  The friend is undivided unitary essence.

20. The relative is undivided unitary essence.  I am the undivided unitary essence.  The king is undivided
unitary essence. The city is undivided unitary essence.

21.  Sovereignty is undivided unitary essence.  The Lord is undivided unitary essence.  Mantra (sacred
sound) is undivided unitary essence.  Repetition of mantra is undivided unitary essence.

22.  Contemplation is undivided unitary essence.  The state is undivided unitary essence.  The comprehended
is undivided unitary essence.  The great one is undivided unitary essence.

23.  Light is undivided unitary essence.  The supreme is undivided unitary essence.  The enjoyed is undivided
unitary essence.  Oblation is undivided unitary essence.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2016, 11:59:12 AM »
24.  Fire sacrifice is undivided unitary sense.  Victory is undivided unitary essence.  The heaven is undivided
unitary sense.  Oneself is undivided unitary essence.

25.  There is nothing anywhere apart from the form which is undivided unitary essence. Listen again
to this treasure of eternal experience which overwhelms one with wonderment.

26.  This is rare, very rare.  Rarest in all worlds. I am.  Again, I am the transcendent.  The resplendent
and the Great Being I am.

27.  I am the Guru in all forms.  I am in all forms.  Such a one am I.  I alone am.  I am pure.  I am the
overflowing. I am Supreme.

28.  I am. I am the knower, ever.  I am the truth. I am without impurity.   I am the knowable born of
experience.  I am the exceptional.  I am the common.  I am all.         

29.  I am pure.  I am without sorrow. I am consciousness. I am equal. I am devoid of honor and dishonor.
I am without qualities.  I am Siva.

30. I am completely devoid of duality and non duality.  I am without pairs of opposites.  Such a one
am I.  I am totally devoid of being and non being and the lack of it.  I am without language.
Such a one am I.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2016, 09:49:06 AM »
31.  I affect the void and the lack of it.  I am the auspicious.  I am the mind.  I am without equal, or
the lack of it.  I am not of the base nature.

32.  I am without all, ever.  I am the serene.  I ever am.  I am devoid of the number one. Neither am
I one with a second number.

33.  I am devoid of the distinction of being and non being. I am without volition.  I am without the distinction
of plurality of the Self.  What is not even in the least that I am.

34.  I am not.  I am not another.  I am without body and such.  I am without refuge or lack of it.       
I am without support.

35.  I am without bondage, liberation and such.  I am the pure Brahman and such.  Such a one I am.
I am without mind and all such things.  I am the supreme.  I am the beyond.

36.  I am ever of the nature of inquiry.  I am without inquiry.  I am such a one.  I am of the nature of letter
'a'.  I am the letter.

37.  I am without meditation and the absence of it.  I am without an object of meditation.  Such a one am
I.  I am more perfect than the most perfect.  I am perfection.  All full am I.  Such a one am I.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2016, 12:01:26 PM »
38.  I am of the form that transcends all. I am the transcendental Brahman. Such a one am I.
I am devoid of goal and characteristics.  I am without the quality of merging.  Such a one am I.

39.  I am without measurement and one who could measure me.  I am without the measurable.
Such a one am I.  I am the seer of all that is unreal.  I am without eyes and such.

40.  I am fully developed.  I am fully enlightened. I am pleasant.  I am the beyond. I am without all
sense organs. I am amenable to all actions.

41.  I am satisfied with all the Upanishadic knowledge. I am easily attainable, ever.  I am in joy.
I am without anything that can make me joyous.  I am the reward of all forms of silence.

42.  I am of the form of eternal awareness.  I am real and unreal, and full of consciousness.  There is
not an iota that is unpleasant to me.

43.  I am devoid of the heart-knot.  Emanating from the heart I pervade all.  I am without the six types
of changes.  I am without the six sheaths.

44.  I am freed of the sexes of foes.  I am the innermost of the interior.  I am without space or time.
I am clothed in space and such.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.,             

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2016, 11:23:57 AM »
45. I am liberated from 'is not' and 'is'.  I am without negative sound 'na'.  I am of the form of all
consciousness.  I am Existence Consciousness Bliss.

46. I am of the form that is.  I am myself. I am of the form of universal mind.  I am without universe.

47.  I am of the form of all kinds.  I am not devoid of the nature of existence.  I am without the triad
of time.  I am without lust and such qualities.

48.  I am bereft of body and its possessor. I revel as one without qualities. I have no liberation.
I am liberated.  I am ever without liberation (to be yet achieved).

49.  I am without reality and unreality.  I am ever the real alone.  I am without any place to go.
I am without movement and such.

50.  I am ever of the nature of remembrance.  I am peaceful.  I am amiable.  Thus, my own experience
has been described. This chapter is great indeed.  Whoever hears this even once becomes oneself
Brahman.

51.  I propitiate the Lord who has arisen to exterminate, the world born out of the mundane egg with
his glorious arms rivaling the elephantine trunk;  who is holding the skull of Brahma; who has the
Mount Meru, the bearer of the worlds, for bow and the eagle mounted Maha Vishnu for arrow.

52.  Those with stainless minds realize Thee as their Being by worshipping Thee O Lord, -- who art
the consort of Goddess Girija, who art of the form of transcendental light, who art beyond form
and of the form of the cosmos.

The chapter 7 is concluded.  It is a dialogue between Ribhu and Nidagha entitled 'Description of
one's Self'.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.           

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2016, 11:35:40 AM »
Chapter 8:

1. Ribhu:

I shall explain to you the hollowness of the world, which is akin to the horn of a hare. This is hard to attain
in all worlds. Listen with an alert mind.

2. Whatever trace of this world one hears or one sees of it, the form that is seen and the form of seer
are all like the horn of a hare.

3.  Earth, water, fire, air, space, mind, intellect, ego and transcendental light are all like the horn of a hare.

4. Destruction, birth, truth, the world, and heavenly systems, merit, sin, victory and delusion are all
like the horn of a hare.

5.  Lust, anger, greed, delusion, pride, delirium, infatuation, steadfastness, Guru, disciple, teaching and
such are like the horn of a hare.

6.  'I', 'you', the world etc., the beginning, the end, the middle, the past, the future and the present are
all like the horn of a hare.

7.  The gross body, the subtle body, the cause and the effect even, and what little of seen and seeing
there is, are all like the horn of a hare.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.           

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2016, 10:09:13 AM »
8. The enjoyer, the objects and the enjoyment, ideal and the non dual characteristic, tranquility,
inquiry, happiness, are all like the horn of a hare.

9.  Ethical regulations, physical restraints, breath control and discourses on such things, movement,
motion, thoughts -- all are like the horn of a hare.

10.  Ears, eyes, body, lineage, secrecy, inertia, Hari, Siva, beginning, end, longing for emancipation
-- are all like the horn of a hare.

11.  The organs of knowledge, the five subtle senses, the groups of organs of action, waking, dream,
sleep and relevant states are all like the horn of a hare.

12. The twenty four tattvas, the group of four spiritual practices, homologous and heterologous groups

13.  All the worlds, all the beings, all cultures, those with true significance, all kinds of ignorance and
all types of learning are all like the horn of a hare.

14. All castes, all communities, all holy abodes and holy waters,  all the Vedas, all the Sastras --

15. All types of bondage, all ways of liberation, all wisdom pertaining to the Lord, all periods of time,
all instruction -- are all like the horn of a hare.   

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2016, 11:01:16 AM »
16. All existence, all actions, all types of association, with the wise, all duality, all perception of non
existence  -- are all like the horn of a hare.

17.  All Vedanta, all theories, all conclusions on the significance of Sastras, the nature of true existence of
all beings -- are all like the horn of a hare.

18.  Whatever little is comprehended, whatever world appears, whatever is heard from the Guru --

19.  Whatever is thought of by the mind, whatever is willed anytime, whatever is decided by the intellect

20.  Whatever is conveyed by speech, whatever meaningful talk is uttered, whatever is grasped by the
sense organs -- are all like the horn of a hare.

21.  Whatever object is renounced, whatever is heard or seen, 'one's own' and 'other's' are like the
horn of a hare.

22.  Whatever shines on account of reality, identity and essence, and whatever is imagined by the mind,
are all  like horn of a hare.

23.  Whatever is determined as the self, whatever is said to be eternal and whatever is investigated
by the mind -- are all like the horn of a hare.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.