Author Topic: The Ribhu Gita -Dr.Lingeswara Rao and Anil Sharma translations:  (Read 31537 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: The Ribhu Gita -Dr.Lingeswara Rao and Anil Sharma translations:
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2016, 11:17:57 AM »
19.  The Guru does not exist nor does the disciple, in truth.  Because there is only Brahman, be of the
conviction that there is no non self.

20.  In the absence of 'one' there is no 'second' and so is 'one' in the absence of the 'second'. Should
there be an iota of the truth, non truth will also manifest.

21.  Should there be non truth, truth also shall appear.  Auspiciousness arises when inauspiciousness
is perceived.  So does the inauspicious arise when auspiciousness is perceived.

22.  Fear exists when fearlessness is imagined.  By the imagination of fearlessness, fear shows up.
There being Brahman alone, be convinced that non self does not exist.

23.  If there be liberation, bondage is.  In the absence of bondage, liberation is not.  If there is birth,
death occurs; without life death cannot be.

24.  'You' being, 'I' is.  Without 'you', 'I' is not. If 'this' is, so is 'that'. 'That' not being, neither
'this' is.

25. 'Is' implies the absence of 'that'.  If there be nothing, even a little cannot be. With effect there
may be some cause, without it there is none.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2016, 11:10:05 AM »
26.  Upon duality, non duality there is; duality ceasing, non duality ceases too.  Seen (scene) brings
in its wake seer also, Scene (seen) ceasing, seer follows suit.

27. If there be inside, outside is true too.  Without inside, outside is not.  If there is perfection,
a little imperfection also gets added.

28.  If there is a little of the mind, it soon becomes all there is no little, nothing arises whatsover,
or wherever.

29.  Hence, all this does not exist in the least -- neither you nor I, neither these nor this.  Brahman
being all that is, be of the certitude that there is no non self.

30.  There is no example in the world; nor is there any example that can be given.  As there is
Brahman alone, be of the certitude that there is no non self.

31.  There is no mind to contemplate 'I am the Supreme Brahman',  'This world is Brahman alone',
you too are only Brahman.'

32. I am consciousness alone.  There is no non self.  Be of this certitude.  Thus, the definition of
the self has been told to you.

33.  Just by hearing this once, one becomes Brahman oneself.

34.  Nidagha:

Who, in truth, are you Lord?  Tell me O best among the eloquent; by hearing which one is liberated
from that very moment on, from the great trammels of transmigration.

35.  Ribhu:

I alone am the Supreme Brahman.  I alone am the transcendental happiness.  I alone am; 
I alone am myself.  I am only Brahman.

36. I am consciousness alone, of the nature of divine knowledge.  I am devoid all letters of
expression.  Brahman alone am I.

37.  I am devoid of any meaning.  'This' is divested of any meaning, I am free from all kinds of
misfortunes.  Brahman alone I am.

38.  I am ever pure, enlightened, eternal and completely taint-less.  Of the form of eternal bliss
am I.  I am only Brahman.               

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2016, 11:08:54 AM »
39. I am of the nature of perfections, ever.  I am Being Consciousness-Bliss.  I am of the form of non duality
only.  I am Brahman alone.

40. I am of the indefinable form.  I am devoid of beginning or end.  I am not of the nature of created
matter.  I am only Brahman.

41.  I am devoid of self will and divested of all nescience.  I am everything.  I am That alone. I am
Brahman only.

42.  I am devoid of all names.  I am without all forms.  I lack all attachments.  I am Brahman alone.

43.  I am the creator of all speech; and transcending the pinnacle of all Vedas (Vedanta). I am the end
of all (measures of) time.  Brahman alone am I.

44. I am the end of all forms.  I am the bliss (manifesting) at the end of all names.  I am the end
of all the eons of time.  Brahman alone am I.

45.  I am happiness and naught else.  I alone am the immeasurable consciousness.  I alone am
everywhere.  I am only Brahman.

46.  The self is Brahman alone and only a solid mass of pure intelligence.  I am alone the undivided
essence.  I am Brahman alone.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2016, 12:11:31 PM »
47:  I am of the form that is only knowledge; of a unitary nature.  I am the endless essence.  I am
Brahman alone.

48:  I am of the form that is Being and solitary transcendence.  I alone am.  I am devoid of significance
or the absence of it.  I am Brahman alone.

49:  I am of the form that is immeasurable.  I am of the form that is undefinable by logic.  I am of the
form that is inconceivable.  I am Brahman alone.

50:  I am not of the form of liquid essence.  I am free from the sorrow.  I shine as being pervasive.
I am Brahman alone.

51:  I am devoid of all activity.  I am divested of all distinction.  I am without all doubts.  I am Brahman
alone.

52:  I am without the ego sense.  Neither am I with the sense that I have no ego.  I am ever of the nature
of Brahman. Brahman alone am I>

53:  I am neither Brahma nor others following him.  I have no traits of Kesava (Vishnu) at all nor am I
with aspects of Sankara. I am Brahman alone.

54:  I shine as silence.  I am Brahman alone.  I am neither the most minute or the most grand.  I am
the most minute and the most grand.

55:  I am not the body's luster nor do I illuminate the world.  I am a solid mass of consciousness
and its part.  I am ever of the nature of Being.   

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2016, 11:27:54 AM »
56:  I am with joy.  I am of the nature of the joyous. I am neither a boy nor a youth nor an old man.
I am beyond the beyond.

57:  I am not of the myriad forms.  I am Brahman alone.  The experience of my Self thus expressed
is the Supreme Essence of all the Upanishads.

58:  The rare one who hears this becomes Brahman oneself.

59:  He is neither gross nor atomic, nor is He of the nature of light, air, space, water or earth.
Enveloped by sheaths within all beings, He shines as the indweller, occupying the transcendental
space of the Heart.  Those with limited intellects, who are deluded by Maya into imagining themselves
to be phrases of wisdom and Sutras cannot realize Sankara even by hundreds of such scriptures.

(Chapter 4 concluded.)

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2016, 10:09:17 AM »
Chapter 5:

1. Nidagha:

In such a situation, O Ribhu, who is fit for the Brahmic state?  Please explain in detail that knowledge
revealed through the words of Sankara.

2.  Ribhu:

You are Brahman indeed.  You alone are the supreme Guru.  You are of the form of space only.
Without doubt you are Brahman.

3.  You alone are all the states.  You alone are the import of everything and the undiminishing.
You are devoid of everything.  You are the witness and ever without a witness.

4. You are time. You are without all.  You are ever without a witness.  You are without time.
You are time and ever Brahman, the solid mass of consciousness.  You are of the nature of all
concepts of truth.  Unquestionably you are Brahman.

5. You are the truth.  You are the accomplished one.  You are the ancient.  You are the emancipated.
You are liberation.  You are ever immortal.  You are God.  You are peaceful . You are affliction-less.
You are Brahman, performed and you are the supreme and the ordinary.

6.  You are uniform; you are the truth too;  you are the ancient;  You are the one denoted by the words
like 'truth' and such.  You are devoid of all limbs;  you are ever established; you are Brahman;
you are perfection.  You are the supreme and ordinary.

7.  You are free from all the worldly bewilderment. You are  spoken of by all beings. You ever arise in
all beings.  You are ever devoid of will.  You are Brahman;  You are fullness;  You are supreme and
ordinary.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.         

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2016, 01:31:43 PM »
8. You are rooted in joy, ever and anon.
You are devoid of hatred ever and anon.
You are without activity etc., ever and anon.
You are Brahman; you are completeness;
You are supreme and ordinary.

9.  You are of the nature of consciousness.  You are awareness alone.  You are the sovereign one.
You dwell as the self alone.  No doubt, you are Brahman.

10.  You are bliss; you are transcendental;  you are void everything and attribute-less. You are only one
and second-less. Without doubt you are Brahman.     

11.  You are of the form of a dense mass of consciousness-bliss.  You are ever of the bliss of consciousness.
Your nature is of absolute perfection. No doubt, you are Brahman.

12.  You are 'That'. You Are!  You are enlightened. You are 'He'.  You know.  You see.  You are consciousness.
You are Brahman-being.  You are Brahman without doubt.

13. You are immortal. You are omnipresent. You are the Lord.  You are supreme.  You are that which is
tainted by speech by way of explanation.  You are Brahman, without doubt.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2016, 11:16:09 AM »
14.  You are all.  You are without all.  You are peaceful.  You are supreme indeed.  You are the cause.
You are quiescent. No doubt you are Brahman.

15.  You are of the nature of Being only.  You are the universal Being.  You are of the nature of eternal
purity.  You are Brahman without doubt.

16. You are without an iota of everything. You are devoid of even an atom of anything.  You are devoid
of existence.  You are devoid of non existence etc.,

17.That which you are is He.  You are the great one.  No doubt, you are Brahman.

18.  You are without aim and its qualities.  You are only consciousness.  You are devoid of pain.
You are ever the sole undivided essence.  Without doubt, you are Brahman.

19.  You are of the nature of the substratum of all.  You are of the nature of the light of all.
You are devoid of all discrepancies of meaning.  No doubt, you are Brahman.

20.  You are verily Brahman, devoid of differences and devoid of mishaps etc.,
You are the auspicious, lacking any differentiation.   No doubt, you are Brahman.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.         

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2016, 11:37:00 AM »
21.  You are without any words of transcendental wisdom.  You comprehend your own nature.  You
abide in your own nature.  Without doubt you are Brahman.

22.  You are reduced to your own nature.  You are of the posture of your own nature.  You are immersed
in the sea of Self joy.  Unquestionably, you are Brahman.

23.  You alone are in the kingdom of yourself.  You pay homage to your own Self.  You are yourself of
perfect nature.  Unquestionably, you are Brahman.

24.  You abide in the happiness of your own Self. You do not perceive even a trifling outside yourself.
You shine as the space within your Self.  Unquestionably, you are Brahman.

25. You do not swerve from your nature.  You do not see outside your nature.  You are the nectar of
your own nature.  Unquestionably you are Brahman.

26. You shine with your own nature.  You spread out with your own form.  There is nothing other than
your own nature.  Unquestionably you are Brahman.

27.  You are ever your own Self. You see yourself everywhere. You feast upon yourself.  You are
unquestionably Brahman.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.           

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2016, 10:20:47 AM »
28. Suta:

Thereupon, Ribhu -- the son of lotus born Brahma -- was pleased by the words of Nidagha, and seeing him
as a fit recipient of the essence of Siva's love (Knowledge), taught him further.

29. Ribhu:

Once, Sankara instructed his son (Kumara) on Mount Kailasa.  I shall recount the same to you.  Listen
with an alert mind.

30.  This world never exists; it never manifested nor does it exist by itself either.  This world, said to be
a wonder, is always naught verily.

31.  The phenomenal world, the mind faculty, the ego sense, the individuality do not exist.  Brahman 
being alone, all these are naught, ever.

32.  The effects of delusions etc., the fear of delusion do not exist.  Brahman being alone, all these do not
exist, ever.

33.  'One' there is none; nor is there any 'double'.  There is no  mantra, tantra and the like also.  Brahman
being alone, all these are naught, ever.

35.  There is no listening or reflection.  Nor there is onepointedness of mind and delusions.  Brahman
being alone, all these are naught for ever.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.               

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2016, 11:54:13 AM »
36.  The two types of absorption in Self do not exist.  The one who measures, the measurement and such
do not exist.  Brahman being alone, all these are naught, ever.

37.  Surely, ignorance does not exist.  There is never the talk of imprudence.  Brahman being alone,'
all these are naught, ever.

38. The tetrad of related adjuncts or the triad of connections are absent. Brahman being alone,

39.  Past and future do not exist, at all.  Indeed, the present is completely absent. Brahman being alone,

40.  Ganga, Gaya, the 'Sethu Bandhana' Rameswaram and the rituals thereof; or other things do not
exist.  Brahman being alone, all these are naught, ever.

41.There is no earth, no water, no fire, no air, no space anywhere.  Brahman being alone, all these
are naught, ever.

42. There is none of the celestial beings, no guardians of directions,  no father and no Guru anywhere.
Brahman being alone, all these are naught, ever.

43. There is no far and near, no terminus, no middle, not any position whatsoever.  There is no unity,
no duality, truth or untruth here.  Brahman being alone, all these are naught, ever.

44.  There is no liberation; there is no bondage.  There is no need for declaration.  Neither are there
'somewhere', 'something', 'real and unreal'  and 'pleasures' and such.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.                     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2016, 12:07:04 PM »
45. Nowhere are there 'pairs of opposites', rituals relating to holy waters,and the self and non self.
No generation, no growth, no growth, no death and the delusion of coming and going.

46. There is no 'here'. There is no 'hereafter'.  There is no Guru or disciple. Real and unreal,  existence,
duty and completed action -- all these are non existent 

47. Race, refuge, caste, convention - all these are non existent. The sextet of self discipline, physical
and mental restraints -- are all indeed non existent.

48. 'All illusion', 'Brahman alone is', 'Consciousness alone is'-  all these words are indeed non existent.
The statement 'I am consciousness' is non existent.

49; 'I am', 'I am eternal' are truly nowhere existent. Brahman being alone nothing ever exists.

50. Whatever conveyed through utterances, whatever contemplated by mind, whatever determined
by the intellect, whatever understood by rational mind;

51. that which is unified through yoga, performed through the senses etc., and the waking,dream
and deep sleep states, and the fourth transcendental state ---

52. all these are non existent.  This is to be realized.  These are all confirmed by limiting adjuncts.
There is never any purification through holy baths;  nor is there any sanctity through meditation.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2016, 01:10:14 PM »
53.  The triad of qualities does not exist in the least.  So does the composition of the triad of qualities.
Expressions such as 'one' and 'two' are non existent; so is the delusion and misapprehension of 'many'.

54.  Delusion and the lack of it are indeed non existent.  Be certain that nothing in the least is there.
These being Brahman alone, nothing in the least remains.

55.  Whoever hears this composedly becomes Brahman oneself.

56.  Isvara:  As bubbles arise on waters of the ocean celestial beings, humans and animals appear
in the ocean of the solid bliss of Uma's beloved, Siva - ever and anon.  Like the recurring waves, they
manifest over and over in future as in the past, out of the illusory potency of the Lord.  There is no
transmigration for those who realize Me thoroughly through experience.

57.  Those who have not overcome delusion cannot realize the Lord to be omniscient, the all devouring,
the casual force of all body functions; the consort of Uma; the effulgent one reflected in the pool of heart
space; the one who is like an eagle to the serpent of mundane existence.

The 5th chapter titled 'Description of Siva's teaching to Kumara' of Part 6 of Sri Siva Rahashya entitled
Sankara' of Sri Siva Rahasya ended.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2016, 12:47:38 PM »
Chapter 6:

1. Isvara:  Religious rituals are illusory.  The worlds are illusory.  The diverse attitudes are illusory.
Mansions are all illusory.  Fear is also illusory.  Supports and such are illusory.  The things experienced
are illusory. The many attachments are illusory.

2.  The Vedas are illusory too.  Words are illusory.  Sentences are illusory.  The diverse things are
illusory.  Wealth is illusory.  Sky is illusory.  The moon is illusory.  Objects are illusory.

3.  The Guru, too, is illusory.  Merits and defects are illusory. Secrecy, also is illusory.  Calculations are
illusory.  Motion is illusory. Movement is illusory.  What is said is illusory.  All are illusory.

4.Sacred lore such as the Vedas, the Sastras and the Puranas cause and effect; Isvara - the Lord,
the world, elements, beings --all these are illusory.  There is no doubt about this.       

5.  Bondage-liberation, pleasure-pain, contemplation, mind stuff, gods-demons, primary-secondary,
the highest and the other are all illusory.  There is no doubt about this.

6. Whatever uttered in this least; whatever fancied through imagination and whatever thought
of the mind -- are all illusory.  There is no doubt about this.

7.  What little decided by the intellect, whenever (one is) led to by the mind, and whatever is compounded
to make up the world are all illusory.  There is no doubt about this.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2016, 12:35:11 PM »
8.  Whatever heard by the ears, wherever looked forward by the eyes, the eyes, the ears and the body
are all illusory.  There is no doubt about this.

9.  That which is substantial; that which is fictitious and whatever objective learning there is, they are
all illusory.

10.  'Who am I?', 'What is that or this?'  'I am He    -  these  and other such statements are naught.
Whatever is imagined of the world is all illusory, no doubt.

11.  All practices, all confidentialities all deluding causes, appellations such as 'all beings' - all these are,
for sure, illusory.       

12.  All differences and distinctions; all delusion of aspiration, all erroneous variability are all, no doubt,
illusory.

13.  'The protector is Vishnu', 'Brahma is the cause of creation', Siva destroys'  - such and other statements
are all, no doubt, illusory.

14.  Ritualistic baths, repetition of sacred sounds, penance, fire ceremony, traditional study, worship of
deities, sacred syllables, lineage and holy company are all, no doubt, illusory.

15.  Everything is illusory.  The world is illusory. So are past, present and future.  The nothingness achieved
by negation is naught. Everything is illusory, no doubt.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.